BFG A/T K02 vs Nitto Ridge Grappler

Yes Nice thing about BFG is Options for load range. The only load range for Nitto RG is "F" for 35 x 12.50 18. You need at least the "E" for your SD. I have the 35 x 12.50s load range "E" on my Jeep Rubicon. Mainly because they are stiff side walls and I could air them down. My RGs ( 35x 12.50s ) on my Tremor are much heaver than the BFGs on my Jeep Same size obvious different wheels and no doubt the Ford SD wheels are heaver.
Once I burn off the BFG AT TK02's on my Jeep I will replace with RGs. I have 30,000 on the BFGs and they don't even look halfway cooked yet so it will be a long time. Same with my 2012 Raptor has BFGs 17' ( stock ) 27,000 miles and not even half done. They last a long time.
Yeah, I run E on my Tacoma, and did the same with my JKU, to get a thicker sidewall to resist puncture off-road. A few years back there were lots of complaints about weak sidewalls with Goodyear Duratracs. The problem was mostly with their C rated tires; the E rated ones had thicker sidewalls (albeit still thinner than similar tires from Toyo, Nitto, and BFG).

That sounds a little funky to me, because you can usually buy KO2s in different load ratings (typically C for midsize trucks, and E for a Super Duty). Check out this website, it has info on every tire made by the major manufacturers, and it is very easy to use. I've provided the link to the KO2 page, but you can look up any tire you want:

According to this website, you can buy a KO2 in 35x12.5 R17 in either C or E Load Rating. If you are running 18-inch wheels, it looks like all your options are E rated. But I would think you would want an E-rated tire on a Super Duty.
Yeah I know. The KO2 E load is rated at 800 pounds less than the factory tire though. That was the issue.

Yeah I know. The KO2 E load is rated at 800 pounds less than the factory tire though. That was the issue.
thats a good point to always compare the data from the factory originals with the exact size you plan to go with. Tires vary even the diameter, crazy how it's different on 35 x12.50s shouldn't they all be the same diameter ?????

I am trending towards the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Just need a decent sale to pull the trigger. When do tires typically go on sale?

I am going to go with the Nitto Ridge Grappler. Searching the internet, April and November are the best times to buy. So April I’ll pull the trigger if I can wait that long. I don’t like the duratac much. They wander way too much!

I am going to go with the Nitto Ridge Grappler. Searching the internet, April and November are the best times to buy. So April I’ll pull the trigger if I can wait that long. I don’t like the duratac much. They wander way too much!
I would order them now, some places have them on BO. I love mine, I was going to put the factory ones on for winter but once you swap out, its hard to go back.

I haven’t noticed any rubbing, but I also haven’t taken mine off pavement yet. Not sure if If run into any issues if I was fully articulated with the wheel cranked. I did have to do some trimming. Here is a (poorly taken) photo of where the shop had to trim and how much space I have now. Also a photo of the trucks current stance. All that said, once I wear out this setup, I may well go with a carli set up
Love the stance of your rig, also makes the factory rims look better

Mickey Thompson Baja Boss forget those two
All 4 are available in 305/70/18 load range E, work with Tremor wheels and 35" OD.
MT Baja Boss A/T LT305/70R/18 tires are due out in April with 50,000 mile warranty

"Mickey Thompson wins at SEMA with new hybrid all-terrain"

Attachments

• Baja Boss AT.png
    Baja Boss AT.png
    929.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I am struggling to make a decision between these two tires for my new Method 701 HD wheels. I am going to buy 35x12.5R18 tires. I need help deciding which one.....
Good morning. I have ran the ridge grapplers for 3 sets on my work truck and they have been great. I actually have 5 for sale 35x12.5x18. They are great for heavier vehicles. Compare the load ratings and hands down Toyo/Nitto beats everyone.

That sounds a little funky to me, because you can usually buy KO2s in different load ratings (typically C for midsize trucks, and E for a Super Duty). Check out this website, it has info on every tire made by the major manufacturers, and it is very easy to use. I've provided the link to the KO2 page, but you can look up any tire you want:

According to this website, you can buy a KO2 in 35x12.5 R17 in either C or E Load Rating. If you are running 18-inch wheels, it looks like all your options are E rated. But I would think you would want an E-rated tire on a Super Duty.
The MTs on my Raptor are E rated and I carry full pallets of concrete with air bags. C may be good for airing down on a small jeep?

Good morning. I have ran the ridge grapplers for 3 sets on my work truck and they have been great. I actually have 5 for sale 35x12.5x18. They are great for heavier vehicles. Compare the load ratings and hands down Toyo/Nitto beats everyone.
I now have ridge grapplers on my Tremor, they are that exact size and they are night & day difference over the stock Duratracs. ????

I have been running Cooper STT Pros but they are a little short (34.5 x12) 295/70 18. They are super aggressive and rated at over 4000 lbs each for towing...also getting a little noisy as they wear. Nitto ridge grapplers in 35x12.5 seem to be the best compromise while maintaining towing capacity...but still looking as I put miles on these......would love to stay with the Cooper Brand (which includes Dick Cepek and Mickey Thompson)........

I vote Nitto Ridge Grapplers!

I had a set on my last truck and they were amazing.

As soon as I burn through the stock tires on my Tremor, I'll be getting another set of Ridge Grapplers.

I bought the Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.5R18 tires and just received them today! I had two separate Discount Tire stores tell me they wouldn’t sell them to me because the load rating index is 128 and the truck specs 129. Well I bought them off eBay from discount tire direct for cheaper. Go figure...I’ll post a couple pictures when they are installed soon.
FDF22CCB-4E74-44BF-ABB2-272C3B9AB05E.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought the Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.5R18 tires and just received them today! I had two separate Discount Tire stores tell me they wouldn’t sell them to me because the load rating index is 128 and the truck specs 129. Well I bought them off eBay from discount tire direct for cheaper. Go figure...I’ll post a couple pictures when they are installed soon.View attachment 20275
Those look good, Briski. I have a set on order from a local dealer. They said about seven business days and I can’t wait to get them installed. The Duratracs feel too loose for me on the road.

I bought the Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.5R18 tires and just received them today! I had two separate Discount Tire stores tell me they wouldn’t sell them to me because the load rating index is 128 and the truck specs 129. Well I bought them off eBay from discount tire direct for cheaper. Go figure...I’ll post a couple pictures when they are installed soon.View attachment 20275
Your gonna like those tires - Nice scoop! I bought the same set (5) from Discount Tire locally and they balanced and installed them. Kinda strange what you had to go through. Glad it worked out.

Latest Discussions

Back