BFG A/T K02 vs Nitto Ridge Grappler

Briski

Tremor Addict
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 6.7l Lariat Tremor Antimatter Blue
I am struggling to make a decision between these two tires for my new Method 701 HD wheels. I am going to buy 35x12.5R18 tires. I need help deciding which one.....

Attachments

• 1D2F3B17-FFE2-44DB-B7D0-355F85B99BE3.jpeg
    1D2F3B17-FFE2-44DB-B7D0-355F85B99BE3.jpeg
    482.7 KB · Views: 1,769
I was looking at the ridge grapplers because their weight rating is similar to the stock tires that Ford recommends. I actually had Discount Tire refuse to sell me KO2's because of that very reason. I have Black Rhino Arsenal wheels with the stock tires currently and am going to be putting 35x12.5 Ridge Grapplers on at some point in the near future.

I just purchased and replaced the OE Duratracs with (5) of the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I could not be happier. Although I only have 500 miles on them so far they are much quieter than the DT. Both tires have solid ratings, I particular like the look of the Nitto “DOT numbers in“ over the BFG. I have read that the NRG’s are not great in snow. Short winters and long summers here, so this was not a concern for me. Good luck with your choice!
5227DADB-8FD0-43F4-84DC-831204B09093.png

I like my Ko2's. You have to rotate them frequently in order for them to last. They do pretty good in all situations. No tire is perfect but the KO2 is good in most situations.

I’ve got 37 inch Ridge Grapplers on mine. I’ve no complaints so far. But not sure you can go wrong here.
Do you have any rubbing with the 37’s? I put mine on yesterday and ripped my weather tech front flaps off and still rubs on stock fender moldings. I’m pretty disappointed. I went with what I thought was a smaller offset -12. I think maybe the wider tires screwed me too... Man, I don’t want ANY rubbing.

Do you have any rubbing with the 37’s? I put mine on yesterday and ripped my weather tech front flaps off and still rubs on stock fender moldings. I’m pretty disappointed. I went with what I thought was a smaller offset -12. I think maybe the wider tires screwed me too... Man, I don’t want ANY rubbing.
I haven’t noticed any rubbing, but I also haven’t taken mine off pavement yet. Not sure if If run into any issues if I was fully articulated with the wheel cranked. I did have to do some trimming. Here is a (poorly taken) photo of where the shop had to trim and how much space I have now. Also a photo of the trucks current stance. All that said, once I wear out this setup, I may well go with a carli set up

Attachments

• 5AA5FF8B-5F76-46B7-AF0F-0D91386C3FA3.jpeg
    5AA5FF8B-5F76-46B7-AF0F-0D91386C3FA3.jpeg
    340.6 KB · Views: 588
  • E903239F-F0C7-4B3D-9F9E-639CC8C2573B.jpeg
    E903239F-F0C7-4B3D-9F9E-639CC8C2573B.jpeg
    404.9 KB · Views: 587
Both good options really, the only trouble I have had with BFG was balancing. My last set took multiple tries to get them balanced, tire guy said that BFG are good tires but sometimes can be difficult to balance easily. I’m interested in trying the toyo at3 or nitto exo grappler for my next set but have been pleased with the good years so far.

Last edited:
He’s also running The stock tremor rims if yours are -12 they’re sticking out farther

I was looking at the ridge grapplers because their weight rating is similar to the stock tires that Ford recommends. I actually had Discount Tire refuse to sell me KO2's because of that very reason. I have Black Rhino Arsenal wheels with the stock tires currently and am going to be putting 35x12.5 Ridge Grapplers on at some point in the near future.
Can you post a picture of the Black Rhinos with the stock tires?

I have the 35 x 12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Tremor and 35 x 12.50 BFG AT K02 on my Jeep Rubicon. I also have BGF AT on my Raptor for winter and Nitto Trail Grapplers for summer.

Both the BFG and Nitto are good in the traction department. Also very quiet, good in wet and dry. I have had the BFG brand longer and can say on multiple truck set ups that they last a very long time. well over 40,000 miles before you consider replacement.

If you want a good daily driver tire and are on the road a lot with lots of highway and a bit of off road the BFG AT K02 is what I would recommend. If you want a bit more aggressive look and better off road traction the Nitto Ridge Grappler. I plan to change to the Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Jeep Rubicon when the BGFs wear out. The main trouble with the BFG is mud. If you get into any they do not clean out. With my Jeep I can lock all 4 wheels and turn all four of them and several times I have had to do this where if the tires cleared the mud better I probably would have just been able to keep it in 4 wheel drive with out locking the axles.

Lastly the Nitto Trail Grapples ( they look like Super Swampers or BFG mud terrains) absolutely suck on wet pavement. They look cool, make lots of noise and will go though the mud, but I hate them on the Pavement especially wet pavement.

I have the 35 x 12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Tremor and 35 x 12.50 BFG AT K02 on my Jeep Rubicon. I also have BGF AT on my Raptor for winter and Nitto Trail Grapplers for summer.

Both the BFG and Nitto are good in the traction department. Also very quiet, good in wet and dry. I have had the BFG brand longer and can say on multiple truck set ups that they last a very long time. well over 40,000 miles before you consider replacement.

If you want a good daily driver tire and are on the road a lot with lots of highway and a bit of off road the BFG AT K02 is what I would recommend. If you want a bit more aggressive look and better off road traction the Nitto Ridge Grappler. I plan to change to the Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Jeep Rubicon when the BGFs wear out. The main trouble with the BFG is mud. If you get into any they do not clean out. With my Jeep I can lock all 4 wheels and turn all four of them and several times I have had to do this where if the tires cleared the mud better I probably would have just been able to keep it in 4 wheel drive with out locking the axles.

Lastly the Nitto Trail Grapples ( they look like Super Swampers or BFG mud terrains) absolutely suck on wet pavement. They look cool, make lots of noise and will go though the mud, but I hate them on the Pavement especially wet pavement.
Thank you for your input.! Any comments on how they do on snow and ice?
I live in Colorado so this is definitely a consideration.

Thank you for your input.! Any comments on how they do on snow and ice?
I live in Colorado so this is definitely a consideration.
Both are good in snow, the BFGs are not bad on Ice, Have not had much Ice experience on the Nittos yet.

Here's another good review on the Ridge Grappler:

I wonder if we'll see a new KO3 tire from BFG this year?
Thanks for the reviews. They certainly like the Nitto Ridge Grappler and answered a few questions I had on performance.

Back