Battery Upgrade - Odyssey ODX-AGM65 (65-PC1750T)

I just checked for a pair of Odyssey batteries at Autozone and they want $888, that’s a lot of money for batteries.

You are right, that is crazy expensive. I paid $329 per battery a little over a year ago before inflation went out of control. I have been putting the less expensive Interstate AGM batteries in all our Super Duty work trucks and getting the same results as the more expensive Odyssey battery. Don't have quite the same cold cranking amps as the Odyssey, but with two batteries doesn't seem to be an issue. https://www.interstatebatteries.com/products/mtx-65/2021-ford-f-250-super-duty-v867l

I just checked for a pair of Odyssey batteries at Autozone and they want $888, that’s a lot of money for batteries.

I noticed they have gone up in price (like most everything now). When I bought a pair they were 20% off through Napa and came out to around $250 each after core return.

I purchased these (2) Duracell AGMs with a full 48 month non-prorated warranty from Batteries Plus. I have not changed anything in forscan.
Left the cores with BP.
$460.06 out the door.

E06D06F3-4775-49B3-A333-EA7CB7A3AA69.jpeg

Update-

Little over two months and 2400 miles, and there is absolutely no battery acid leakage visible on either battery. I'll go another 2500 miles and check it again. Appears the lower setting helps.
Curious how your batteries have been holding up? Still no leaking with the lower setting?

I am starting to become a fan of this less known battery brand. We run their “flooded” commercial batteries in our fleet trucks and are seeing 8 years of trouble-free service on average before replacement. And our fleet trucks see everything from -30 to +115 deg F - mountain winters to desert summers. As soon as they come out with an AGM for my personal Super Duty, I will be switching away from Odyssey … great battery … just too expensive to justify anymore.

I just got my truck back from the Dealership. My truck is now 2 1/2 yrs old, 20,000 miles and it's on my 3rd set of new Batteries from Motorcraft.

That's just wrong on every level. You shouldn't have had to deal with that at all.

Filing the warranty claims costs Ford money. That may be the only way to get them to upgrade from shit batteries to something at least marginally decent.

I just got my truck back from the Dealership. My truck is now 2 1/2 yrs old, 20,000 miles and it's on my 3rd set of new Batteries from Motorcraft.
My motor craft battery just but the dust. I went with a flooded interstate mtp-65 hd battery, I paid $145 for it, it has a 30 month replacement. I thought about an agm battery but I didn’t want to deal with forscan or any potential issues from not reprogramming it.

Attachments

• IMG_1271.png
    IMG_1271.png
    253.7 KB · Views: 7
Fits per vehicle fitment search on the Odyssey battery website.
Appreciate it.

Well, the store that had them listed in stock doesn't actually have them, so on to the next option I guess.

Appreciate it.

Well, the store that had them listed in stock doesn't actually have them, so on to the next option I guess.
Had to order mine from the local authorized dealer as well. Took about a week to arrive. Worth it in my opinion. Over two years now with no problems and my Tremor sits for weeks in the winter without being started.

Had to order mine from the local authorized dealer as well. Took about a week to arrive. Worth it in my opinion. Over two years now with no problems and my Tremor sits for weeks in the winter without being started.
Yep, definitely want the Odyssey batteries after all my research.

But, we're traveling full-time and supposed to be heading out this afternoon. Probably going to have to go with whatever one of the local stores have in stock.

Looks like the NAPA Premium is the best in stock around us.

Back