Baja Designs Super Duty Lighting Solutions

I like the products and quality but my concern after looking at them is do they work with other manufacturers like say a ranch hand bumper? I really want a ranch hand front bumper but unsure if it would be these or the bumper, not both.

This kit would be designed around a Stock OEM bumper, so these mounts probably won't work with an aftermarket ranch hand bumper. Although we do offer lighting solutions that use a 3/8 mounting bolt or tab.

This is disappointing that it blocks the camera, it doesn’t should like a kit developed for the super duty specifically but rather something slapped together.

There is a rigid light bar another member mounted with a mod to the mount that doesn’t block the camera at all.

We appreciate your feedback! Unfortunately, during our R&D process the only way to fit our new XL Linkable in the cleanest position was to mount it in that location. The XL Linkable is taller than a traditional double row light bar. I can guarantee you this kit wasn't "slapped together", but engineered carefully for this truck. I'll be posting the picture today so everyone can see what's being blocked. (y)

Oh yeah, here's another picture of the truck with SDHQ's A-pillar mounts using our Baja Designs XL80s the customer added on afterwards.

1598540464690.png

We're a lighting company but we also design brackets for vehicle specific kits using our lights. Check us out, www.bajadesigns.com. (y)
It looks like you have a set that replaces the factory fog lights. Do you have a solution with a single square light that keeps the factory fog lights?

It looks like you have a set that replaces the factory fog lights. Do you have a solution with a single square light that keeps the factory fog lights?
They do, check the website for more details. Did some perusing last night and saw that. The one shown on the truck in this thread is like 1150$ for a pair (4 lights total). The single fog light per side is about 450$ for the pair.

I bought their flush mount S2 Pro, and will be flushing them into the pocket below the fog light. I'll post pictures when they arrive. I chose Amber of course

I bought their flush mount S2 Pro, and will be flushing them into the pocket below the fog light. I'll post pictures when they arrive. I chose Amber of course
Why the amber? I don't see why anyone would want an amber fog light.

Why the amber? I don't see why anyone would want an amber fog light.

Amber actually works better for poor conditions (rain, snow, fog, dust) because it cuts through rather than reflect and blind the driver. For example, turning on your high beams in a thick patch of fog. You don't necessarily see further, it just gets brighter in front of you which doesn't help. You want a light that cuts through and amber achieves that. BUT in clear conditions, a white light will help in terrain recognition and driver fatigue.

Amber actually works better for poor conditions (rain, snow, fog, dust) because it cuts through rather than reflect and blind the driver. For example, turning on your high beams in a thick patch of fog. You don't necessarily see further, it just gets brighter in front of you which doesn't help. You want a light that cuts through and amber achieves that. BUT in clear conditions, a white light will help in terrain recognition and driver fatigue.
Interesting, thanks for the explanation. I can't think of too many times I've needed amber light application but I'm sure they're much appreciated when one has them.

Hard to tell from the pics but it looks like there is a plastic piece on the bumper that was removed at each end of the light bar for the XL linkable bracket to mount. Is that the case?

For the dual fog lights. whats the difference between Pro & Sport white?

Hard to tell from the pics but it looks like there is a plastic piece on the bumper that was removed at each end of the light bar for the XL linkable bracket to mount. Is that the case?

That is correct. This customer opted not to modify the trim piece so he kept it removed. With the kit, there's instructions on what to trim and how to reinstall. Here's a better angle.

IMG_6031.jpg

Latest Discussions

Back