Any problems with your panoramic sunroofs?

I didn't order one because of the issues, they are know to rattle, they leak and ford doesn't know how to fix it. They also can get kinda stuck. My old explorer had one and it literally flooded the interior, there was like 3 inches of standing water. Absolute junk

I had problems with my f-150 sunroof --- dealer was able to fix .. but ordered tremor without the sunroof so I wouldn't have a repeat ... I never use the roof so I do not miss it at all.

Last edited:
I hear the best bet is to keep them lubed up, that should give them the best life. Also clean them out good if you go offroad.

I've ordered my past 3 trucks, including this one, without the sunroof.

I had a sunroof explode on me out of nowhere on the highway about to leave town...BMW 135i I owned had creaks and rattles from parts in there and took 3 trips to the dealership to finally get it resolved when they replaced the entire thing.

I don't care how nice they are, I'll never own one again. Just more crap I don't use that could brake and make me hate the vehicle and wish I hadn't gotten it.

This is what it looked like after driving a few miles and getting home:
explodedsunroof.jpg

I think my case is pretty rare but if freaked me the f_ck out, super loud and had no idea how it happened. Nearly 500$ later out of my pocket as I didn't want to use insurance and I had a new one in.

Assuming you keep ur raptor in the garage? The tremor is to big to fit in my garage and will be kept outside. Its for this reason im extra concerned about this option with the weathering if the seals.

Yeah, both of the trucks stay in the garage now. My previous truck was a RAM 2500 and that sat outside most of the time. I didn't opt for a sunroof in that for the same reason. Besides, the money you save not getting the sunroof can go towards some mods!

I had a sunroof explode on me out of nowhere on the highway about to leave town...BMW 135i I owned had creaks and rattles from parts in there and took 3 trips to the dealership to finally get it resolved when they replaced the entire thing.

OUCH! Yeah that would freak me out as well.

Yeah, both of the trucks stay in the garage now. My previous truck was a RAM 2500 and that sat outside most of the time. I didn't opt for a sunroof in that for the same reason. Besides, the money you save not getting the sunroof can go towards some mods!

That $1500 sunroof would pay for a nice set of Methods :)

No issues on either one of my F150's but I didn't order it on my 2021 F250 because they aren't worth the money to me and I'll enjoy the extra headroom

That $1500 sunroof would pay for a nice set of Methods :)

Agreed if i order a truck im definitely not ordering a sunroof. But if i get impatient and buy one on the lot it seems it will have a sunroof. So many lariats and above that r sitting on the lots have the dang sunroof. The point of me starting this thread was to see if i could get talked into buying one off the lot, but im not sold yet.

Never had sunroof problem on any of my Trucks going back to the Ram days.
My Gen 1 Raptor is great. I do keep them in a garage and clean and maintained

My Audi has a few issues but its manageable ( also a high mileage Audi )

I've learned by experience, if the vehicle is going to be kept outside, no hole in the roof. If garage kept, maybe. That's why I ended up ordering my Tremor, the ones that had the must have options all had the moonroof but it is going to be kept outside, with a lot of trees around, meaning too much maintenance to keep clean.

I've learned by experience, if the vehicle is going to be kept outside, no hole in the roof. If garage kept, maybe. That's why I ended up ordering my Tremor, the ones that had the must have options all had the moonroof but it is going to be kept outside, with a lot of trees around, meaning too much maintenance to keep clean.
makes sense. also why I can't go bigger tires or lift on mine. 7 tall garage door at my shop and like to keep it inside. my house has an 8 but then I would move a bunch of shit around.

Any update on this now that we're 18 months out from the last post in this thread? Ordered mine without the moon-roof given all the horror stories but REALLY wanted it. I plan to use and abuse the truck (I off-road, a lot and the truck will have a 5.5" Carli Kit). I can't imagine a heavy hun of glass on rails is a great idea but it's too sexy to forget and move on, lol.

Any update on this now that we're 18 months out from the last post in this thread? Ordered mine without the moon-roof given all the horror stories but REALLY wanted it. I plan to use and abuse the truck (I off-road, a lot and the truck will have a 5.5" Carli Kit). I can't imagine a heavy hun of glass on rails is a great idea but it's too sexy to forget and move on, lol.
If you’re going to use it for heavy off roading I would stay away from the sunroof. But in the end it all depends on what you want. Like I stated in a previous thread. I’ve had 13 cars/trucks they’ve all had sunroof. The last two I can count on my one hand how many times I opened it. Decided this time to spend the extra money on something else.

Maybe Im just the unlucky one!
My 17, both my 18s, 19 and my 21 ?‍♂️ were moody or totally replaced.
My wife purposely ordered her Raptor with no panoramic roof..

My 2017 broke the tracks luckily I was able the push and help the roof closed before a rainstorm came , after having it repaired I haven't opened it yet and won't until it's traded in . Ordered new truck without .

I'm not a fan of sunroofs, for the reasons others state here. That said, I have had a few trucks (Toyota) with sunroofs and no issues. My Tremor does not have a sunroof. Glad it doesn't.

Back