Any problems with your panoramic sunroofs?

Way more pros than cons. Being in the shop we gotta lube em up about ten percent of the time I would say 5 out of 100 trucks has issues with the roof. I guess keep a tube o lube with you and your good!

2019 F-150 has it. No issues. I rarely open the glass, but the kids love opening the shade part. I don't like it open to air, but I love it open for light. So I ordered the tremor with it for sure.

I have seen a number of issues with the panoramic sunroofs on the f150... Have any of you experienced this on your tremors? I am hoping with an hd truck with a stronger frame their may be less body flex therefore causing less issues with the panoramic sunroofs.
I like the glass roof on my GT500, but may want a roof rack sometime on the Tremor. Adding some nice cab lights up there.

2019 F-150 has it. No issues. I rarely open the glass, but the kids love opening the shade part. I don't like it open to air, but I love it open for light. So I ordered the tremor with it for sure.
Same, I rarely open them but being able to control light in the cab is why I get them.

If your worried make sure you have premium care esp. Retail prices for a new frame for piano roof is like 6 grand. So if your warranty is expiring soon make sure you check the roof out

I just got a 21 F250 Tremor (12 days old) and after 3-4 days the sunroof randomly opens on its own, I am not using the switch at all. Usually, it does it right after I start it up. The S/R switch will only vent it, but not open it. When it opens I have to cycle the sunshade all the way back, then forward to the midpoint and then close it, that is when the S/R switch will close the sunroof. Lately, I find that if I keep the sunshade completely closed it does not happen near as much. Because the switch is inop normally, the dealer thought the motor is bad. They told me the motors are on backorder. Seems either the senors are bad or programming is bad.
Thoughts or similar issues?
Thanks

I just got a 21 F250 Tremor (12 days old) and after 3-4 days the sunroof randomly opens on its own, I am not using the switch at all. Usually, it does it right after I start it up. The S/R switch will only vent it, but not open it. When it opens I have to cycle the sunshade all the way back, then forward to the midpoint and then close it, that is when the S/R switch will close the sunroof. Lately, I find that if I keep the sunshade completely closed it does not happen near as much. Because the switch is inop normally, the dealer thought the motor is bad. They told me the motors are on backorder. Seems either the senors are bad or programming is bad.
Thanks
Hmm. Electronics operating on their own, without provocation. Have you considered calling these guys?

1630278245618.jpeg

Thanks
It sounds more like a switch problem or a loose connection that is being affected by the shade opening and closing. I hate when they assume it is the "motor" that is "on backorder" without doing any type of electrical troubleshooting to determine the real problem. :mad:

Thanks
I'd make them check it out for real, but if it turns out to be backorderd parts have them pull the fuse so at least it stays closed. You'd hate for it to open one last time on it's very last breath and then die.

There are some videos from Ford on reseting the sensors. I think those are more focused on the don't close on a hand sensor, but I've had those same type of sensor cause problems on car windows before. Might be worth looking into doing a reset.

I'd make them check it out for real, but if it turns out to be backorderd parts have them pull the fuse so at least it stays closed. You'd hate for it to open one last time on it's very last breath and then die.

There are some videos from Ford on reseting the sensors. I think those are more focused on the don't close on a hand sensor, but I've had those same type of sensor cause problems on car windows before. Might be worth looking into doing a reset.
Sounds like it needs to be calibrated. Your dealer will be able to do it for you.

Thanks a lot for the insight. I have an appointment set up.

I opened my sunroof the other day and the rubber gasket fell into the truck. I can’t locate the the gasket for the opposite side. My 2021 Platinum Tremor is now at the dealership for the sunroof plus windshield and axle housing recall,(informed today my truck failed the axle inspection). Parts on order, Ford recommends not using the truck until the housing is replaced. Dealership doesn’t have any loaner vehicles, all are being used by people waiting on parts.

I opened my sunroof the other day and the rubber gasket fell into the truck. I can’t locate the the gasket for the opposite side. My 2021 Platinum Tremor is now at the dealership for the sunroof plus windshield and axle housing recall,(informed today my truck failed the axle inspection). Parts on order, Ford recommends not using the truck until the housing is replaced. Dealership doesn’t have any loaner vehicles, all are being used by people waiting on parts.
that’s when you tell them to give you your damn truck back. I had this happen years ago with a dealer.

My sunroof began making some noises when I go over bumps or have the chassis twist. If I open it (tilt or slide) it stops. I am guessing I need to use some silicon around the body and rubber gasket. Is this what others do?

Dupont Krytox is what Ford recommends. You need to clean and lubricate the seals. I am just not a fan of these panormic sunroofs (Or sunroofs in general), just a big potential for problems. Now my wife has had them in three vehicles without a problem, however we never open it. My sister has a '22 Navigator and that is the only thing that broke on it so far.

Back