Any input on the Landcruiser 250 from the hive?

TRAMPER

Your mind is a Weapon. Keep it loaded.
Tremor of the Month 🏆
Founding Member 📜
Joined
Jul 29, 2023
Messages
4,046
Reaction Points
11,772
Location
Behind Enemy Lines
Current Ride #1
2023 F350 XLT Premium Tremor, SAP, 7.3L
Current Ride #2
2023 F150 XLT Lightning, Extended range, 312A, Tow Tech/ Max Tow
Well, that day finally arrived, the day I’ve been dreading for a while, the day when it’s time to replace my beloved Ford with a shiny new Toyota.

No not my F350 Tremor, My F150 Lightning. That was my daily driver and main Fly Fishing vehicle.

Why now? When gas prices are screaming high would I replace an EV with a vehicle that runs on PREMIUM fuel? Well because of that prices on EVs are very very high and it seems like it’s just time for a new vehicle. The Lightning has been awesome but the one thing it never did well was offer me a place to sleep on fishing overnights. That 5.5ft bed just isn’t enough for me, maybe for @Optimus🤖 😉

IMG_0056.webp


Here she is, still at the dealer I will be picking it up later this week.

2027 LC 1958 with a few protection options (skids, sill protection, bumper guard, PPF on the hood and fenders) and a raised air intake in Ice Cap. It’s almost the exact vehicle I built out on Toyotas website.

Anyone have any experience with one? I’ve already bought it so please spare me the “it’s not a real Landcruiser” speech. It’s a Prado and it’s a turbo 4cyl hybrid. Full time 4wd, rear and center lockers, and more HP and torque than the old V8 version that cost 100k but no. It’s not a real LC.

Since this will be a daily for me I’m not going to build it out. New tires for sure (can you believe those stock ones???) and a drawer system that converts to a sleeping platform. Probably an internal rod rack as well. Going to try to keep this one a little more under the radar than the other beast I drive.

Besides Toyota reliability what drove me to this particular Vehicle is the hybrid system allows it to operate the HVAC overnight, heating and cooling with minimal engine running. People have been using the Prius and Sienna like this for ages so it’s a proven method.

Anyway, I don’t know anyone who has one and tbh I maybe see one a week out on the road. They sure aren’t common around here despite being in production for going on four years now. They’re also not common at any dealers around here, at least not in a trim package I would want.

So? What do you all think???
 
Last edited:
Traitor! You're buying a Toyota with a massive desert snorkel for fly fishing? What are you planning to do, drive straight into the river and suck the trout right through the intake? Enjoy sleeping in the fetal position next to your waders while I stretch out in the Tremor!

Here's a forum for ya!


Enjoy allllll the info you want in your "shinny" vehicle 😤.
 
No personal experience but a friend of a friend has one and loves it. I like it too A LOT too but that’s just from the outside looking in
 
My dad just got a 2027 LC and absolutely loves it, I’ll be buying my wife a GX550 OT+ soon as well, seems like a great platform.
 
has Toyota fixed all their engine issues? I think starting in 2021 or 2022 it went to 💩
 
has Toyota fixed all their engine issues? I think starting in 2021 or 2022 it went to 💩
It was the 3.5’s that had all the problems, the Tundra and the Lexus GX. This has a 2.4 4cylinder. Hahahaha even typing that is funny. It’s like 350hp and about 480 ftlbs of torque though. Hopefully it’ll be ok. I did buy 6 year 100k mile platinum coverage for it (it’s about 1/3 of what a Ford plan cost lol)
 
has Toyota fixed all their engine issues? I think starting in 2021 or 2022 it went to 💩
V35A in the Tundra is still a shit show and getting worse. It’s in the GX550 as well but that one is assembled in Japan. The reason my dad traded in his Tundra was because of the engine failure on a 2025 with 17K miles. $42k to replace out of warranty, lots of varying reports on pricing though.
 
My dad just got a 2027 LC and absolutely loves it, I’ll be buying my wife a GX550 OT+ soon as well, seems like a great platform.
Good luck finding one of those Overtrails. i looked around for one of those too. They’re bad ass, air compressor from the factory! Why can’t we get that in a Tremor, or Hell my new LC.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DFS
Well, that day finally arrived, the day I’ve been dreading for a while, the day when it’s time to replace my beloved Ford with a shiny new Toyota.

No not my F350 Tremor, My F150 Lightning. That was my daily driver and main Fly Fishing vehicle.

Why now? When gas prices are screaming high would I replace an EV with a vehicle that runs on PREMIUM fuel? Well because of that prices on EVs are very very high and it seems like it’s just time for a new vehicle. The Lightning has been awesome but the one thing it never did well was offer me a place to sleep on fishing overnights. That 5.5ft bed just isn’t enough for me, maybe for @Optimus🤖 😉

View attachment 274968

Here she is, still at the dealer I will be picking it up later this week.

2027 LC 1958 with a few protection options (skids, sill protection, bumper guard, PPF on the hood and fenders) and a raised air intake in Ice Cap. It’s almost the exact vehicle I built out on Toyotas website.

Anyone have any experience with one? I’ve already bought it so please spare me the “it’s not a real Landcruiser” speech. It’s a Prado and it’s a turbo 4cyl hybrid. Full time 4wd, rear and center lockers, and more HP and torque than the old V8 version that cost 100k but no. It’s not a real LC.

Since this will be a daily for me I’m not going to build it out. New tires for sure (can you believe those stock ones???) and a drawer system that converts to a sleeping platform. Probably an internal rod rack as well. Going to try to keep this one a little more under the radar than the other beast I drive.

Besides Toyota reliability what drove me to this particular Vehicle is the hybrid system allows it to operate the HVAC overnight, heating and cooling with minimal engine running. People have been using the Prius and Sienna like this for ages so it’s a proven method.

Anyway, I don’t know anyone who has one and tbh I maybe see one a week out on the road. They sure aren’t common around here despite being in production for going on four years now. They’re also not common at any dealers around here, at least not in a trim package I would want.

So? What do you all think???
I also drive a LC250 as my daily. It’s a great vehicle. The only complaints I have are the gas tank is a little small and the vehicle gets nowhere near the advertised mpg.
 
Owned several tacomas and 4-Runners a long while back. Each has it's purpose and were very reliable. Why buy new though? Plenty of them in great condition used.
 
Well, that day finally arrived, the day I’ve been dreading for a while, the day when it’s time to replace my beloved Ford with a shiny new Toyota.

No not my F350 Tremor, My F150 Lightning. That was my daily driver and main Fly Fishing vehicle.

Why now? When gas prices are screaming high would I replace an EV with a vehicle that runs on PREMIUM fuel? Well because of that prices on EVs are very very high and it seems like it’s just time for a new vehicle. The Lightning has been awesome but the one thing it never did well was offer me a place to sleep on fishing overnights. That 5.5ft bed just isn’t enough for me, maybe for @Optimus🤖 😉

View attachment 274968

Here she is, still at the dealer I will be picking it up later this week.

2027 LC 1958 with a few protection options (skids, sill protection, bumper guard, PPF on the hood and fenders) and a raised air intake in Ice Cap. It’s almost the exact vehicle I built out on Toyotas website.

Anyone have any experience with one? I’ve already bought it so please spare me the “it’s not a real Landcruiser” speech. It’s a Prado and it’s a turbo 4cyl hybrid. Full time 4wd, rear and center lockers, and more HP and torque than the old V8 version that cost 100k but no. It’s not a real LC.

Since this will be a daily for me I’m not going to build it out. New tires for sure (can you believe those stock ones???) and a drawer system that converts to a sleeping platform. Probably an internal rod rack as well. Going to try to keep this one a little more under the radar than the other beast I drive.

Besides Toyota reliability what drove me to this particular Vehicle is the hybrid system allows it to operate the HVAC overnight, heating and cooling with minimal engine running. People have been using the Prius and Sienna like this for ages so it’s a proven method.

Anyway, I don’t know anyone who has one and tbh I maybe see one a week out on the road. They sure aren’t common around here despite being in production for going on four years now. They’re also not common at any dealers around here, at least not in a trim package I would want.

So? What do you all think???
Congrats @TRAMPER !

The first time I saw one of these on the road I was like "whoa, what is that?". Really dig the styling and the functionality. Yes, as you stated it's not like an OG "J40" but the original wouldn't fit your requirements. For your use case sounds like this will fit the bill nicely. :cool:
 
Owned several tacomas and 4-Runners a long while back. Each has it's purpose and were very reliable. Why buy new though? Plenty of them in great condition used.
Well, 2027 is the first year that offered the raised air intake and I actually wanted that so…
 
Congrats @TRAMPER !

The first time I saw one of these on the road I was like "whoa, what is that?". Really dig the styling and the functionality. Yes, as you stated it's not like an OG "J40" but the original wouldn't fit your requirements. For your use case sounds like this will fit the bill nicely. :cool:
IMG_4701.webp

I had one of those as well. This new one is a lot more useful lol.
 
Back
Top Bottom