Another Strike possible next week

LT75

Tremor Addict
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2024 F-250 Platinum CG 7.3L
man that sucks. I have a truck in production right now. Im sure the mood in the place is great for building a truck

Based on all of the continued quality issues we discuss here on 23s/24s, it seems like Ford has been highly successful at "eroding the skilled trades". These effing workers are amazing. They can't even snap 2 pieces of plastic together correctly and have been given everything they asked for.

I know the mantra is buy American made but with Ford being the largest US employer of the top 4, and they have had the worst quality over the last 3 years, it kinda makes you rethink that mantra.

I get your point, but the Skilled Trades aren't the ones building the vehicles.
Well they should move the few skilled workers they have to the build lines.

These companies should have gone fully robotic, as much as possible, long ago. Our delivered products would be MUCH better. I don't think many of these auto assembly workers could hold real jobs elsewhere, based on all of the assembly problems we see on American brands. It is pathetic.

The plant and local union are butting heads over skilled trade cuts. Most of the local contract language is about skilled trades.

1000004804.jpg

I wonder if this has anything to do with the CEO stating 10B profit AND discussing moving production overseas because he thinks the unions are greedy.

Ford has lost so much money on electric vehicles it’s unbelievable. It sucks they have been cutting cost on some things but I get it. Any business would be forced to cut cost after loosing that kind of money.

Been shopping for a nice loaded up SUV for the wife. She said "what about an Exlporer?"

I looked at the local dealer's inventory. They have like 40 2024's in stock. All the nice ones (Limited, Platinums), have all the nice things stripped out with "credits". So I suppose I you want a Platinum with no massaging seats, no 360 cameras, but a big "Platinum" stitched into the dumb seats, you could waste $58k on that. LOL. Or you could buy a an absolutely dripping Hyundai Palisade or Kia Telluride for $8 grand less and every option you're paying for and more.

GOOD JOB FORD. :ROFLMAO:

Been shopping for a nice loaded up SUV for the wife. She said "what about an Exlporer?"

I looked at the local dealer's inventory. They have like 40 2024's in stock. All the nice ones (Limited, Platinums), have all the nice things stripped out with "credits". So I suppose I you want a Platinum with no massaging seats, no 360 cameras, but a big "Platinum" stitched into the dumb seats, you could waste $58k on that. LOL. Or you could buy a an absolutely dripping Hyundai Palisade or Kia Telluride for $8 grand less and every option you're paying for and more.

We were in a similar situation, however we went with the explorer… it’s made in USA by Americans, and we go out of our way to support anything made by Americans in USA.

Mine has said in production since last week
Mine has been in production since the 8th. I might regret getting spray in bed liner instead of line x. Although I'm hoping it's done by Monday or Tuesday and gets out before shit hits the fan.

Update, Mine has a date next to in production so I'm assuming it's actually getting built right now? Previously it appeared "in production" w/no date

Last edited:
Geez. I’m scheduled for 3/18;
looking like this will add another several weeks to an already ridiculous wait time

Had a 20 Explorer ST and it was an absolute pile... Glad I sold it! In hindsight I should have got the wife a VW Atlas or something else, oh well lol.

Back