Another Strike possible next week

it seems like every year, there are fewer workmen that really want to work anymore. This is even more true (here) since the pandemic started in 2000. With the government handing out our money like it was free water for doing nothing, there was no incentive to do good work or to do much more than a minimum amount of work,
Can I get and AMEN!! I've worked hard over the years. And have earned everything I own. I have never asked anyone, at any time, for anything more than what I worked hard for.

Last I checked, we live in a free country. We all have the freedom to make choices. Thus, one doesn't like their work environment.. leave. It is a free choice to work in a better environment. Do not like the salary? Find another job. Or go to school and get further education or a skill in any trade you desire. And make more money. Don't like the benefits? Leave! Find other employment elsewhere.
Then when you eventually discovery Holy Gee, I actually had it pretty good. Maybe those will realize holding employers hostage isn't the smart thing to do in the long run. Employers will move to restructure to balance the scale out again. Or, close the doors and go somewhere where they are welcomed. Can't blame them if they do. And have changed my stance. American brands that made good effort to stay solvent in the US. But, forced to move out of country. Due to unreasonable company associates and Unions. I will continue to support them albeit not "manufactured" in the USA.

Blue

I just read on the internet that there has been a tentative agreement between the UAW union and Ford so, maybe NO MORE disruptions on your Super Duty trucks nor my daughters Expedition, hopefully. Good news!

Can I get and AMEN!! I've worked hard over the years. And have earned everything I own. I have never asked anyone, at any time, for anything more than what I worked hard for.

Last I checked, we live in a free country. We all have the freedom to make choices. Thus, one doesn't like their work environment.. leave. It is a free choice to work in a better environment. Do not like the salary? Find another job. Or go to school and get further education or a skill in any trade you desire. And make more money. Don't like the benefits? Leave! Find other employment elsewhere.
Then when you eventually discovery Holy Gee, I actually had it pretty good. Maybe those will realize holding employers hostage isn't the smart thing to do in the long run. Employers will move to restructure to balance the scale out again. Or, close the doors and go somewhere where they are welcomed. Can't blame them if they do. And have changed my stance. American brands that made good effort to stay solvent in the US. But, forced to move out of country. Due to unreasonable company associates and Unions. I will continue to support them albeit not "manufactured" in the USA.

Blue
Yep Blue: Sounds like we were raised very much the same. As young guys, my older brother and I worked for our dad in an aircraft accessory overhaul shop as mechanics. We always thought our dad was a slave driver and over intense but it wasn't until we went our own ways did we realize what an education and work ethic he had driven into us from his USAF WWII drive and demand for giving a full days work for a full days pay, ethic. Both of us did well because of our mental organization and work ethic and neither of us were handed anything Carte Blanch by anyone, including our Government. My older brother did spend 4 years in the US Navy and did learn many things that helped him all his life too. I wish our young workers had the same opportunity to learn what it takes to be a self made man, much like yourself, then be proud of your accomplishments and fruits of your own labors. I personally think it was a big mistake to stop the mandatory military draft so that these young guys could learn some discipline and how to take orders without getting angry. Anyway, that how I see it and my 2 cents worth here, Lance

Back