Adaptive Cruise control and lane assist not working very well after truck got lifted?

J-Maxx

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2017 F-250 LARIAT 4x4 Diesel
Like title says. Put a Carli 4.5/5.5 kit on truck with 38’s and ACC and LA are almost unusable? Is there anything I can do?

Chances are, the cameras are going to have to be realigned to the new height. I know that after my accident, even though the alignment was not off, when they installed the new radar parts and replaced the front camera, they had to realign everything.

With any luck, you can get it done cheaper than the Ford dealerships collision center charged my insurance to do it. Shits expensive!

So what are others doing to address this? I don’t believe I’ve heard anyone talk about this yet besides this thread

Any idea if that would be a warranty coverage and if not, anyone done this and how much did it cost?

Owner installs lift that screws up the complicated systems is not going to be a warranty issue.
Yeah, that’s what I figured. Now to understand the cost to fix… and any potential warranty issues moving forward

Like title says. Put a Carli 4.5/5.5 kit on truck with 38’s and ACC and LA are almost unusable? Is there anything I can do?
It's probably just in need of some adjustments.
Maybe you should contact Carli to see what they suggest?

I have a 4" BDS on my truck with 37's and it didn't cause either of these issues.

Let us know what you find!

Yeah, that’s what I figured. Now to understand the cost to fix… and any potential warranty issues moving forward
I believe you have opened a can of worms if any future issues arise involving lane assist and ACC. Ford has a valid argument by lifting the truck those systems have been compromised even after they recalibrate, if they can even accomplish recalibration.

Hence a GOOD reason not to get ACC.

Hence a GOOD reason not to get ACC.
Certain trim packages come with it and cannot be deleted. Manufacturers don't take into consideration of their aftermarket counterparts. Basically it's going to come to a point you will have to order a bare bones truck in order to do aftermarket modifications without issues.

I'll never buy a vehicle for me without it again

When I added ACC to my non ACC 2022, there was a process in forscan where I had to calibrate the newly added front radar unit. You may be able to do that to yours to get it working correctly again. IIRC, I had to drive around for 20 minutes or so with laptop hooked up and forscan running during that process. YMMV.

As for lane assist, I keep that turned off, so can't help you there, but as others have mentioned I bet that's a camera adjustment.

When I added ACC to my non ACC 2022, there was a process in forscan where I had to calibrate the newly added front radar unit. You may be able to do that to yours to get it working correctly again. IIRC, I had to drive around for 20 minutes or so with laptop hooked up and forscan running during that process. YMMV.
Not that I want ACC that badly, but really interested to hear how you pulled this off. I searched the forum and couldn't find details posted by you.

The following link is the one I used from another board. I sourced some used parts and kept my cost to somewhere around $750 total if I remember right. Unfortunately, that truck was stolen last month. I do have a very similar replacement that came with ACC from the factory, but it's not a Tremor.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/...o-2022-f-250-6-7l-lariat-value-super-cab.html

ETA: It's very worth it. It keeps me sane when driving on the interstate boxed in with other drivers that don't know how to use CC especially when pulling the 5th wheel.

Certain trim packages come with it and cannot be deleted. Manufacturers don't take into consideration of their aftermarket counterparts. Basically it's going to come to a point you will have to order a bare bones truck in order to do aftermarket modifications without issues.

I can't agree more. Wish some stuff could be left off these trucks while keeping other options.

ACC is the only real thing I regret not getting a '23 for. I drive in traffic so much it would be nice. My wife's expedition has it and I love it.

Back