6.7l diesel w/10speed MPG

What kinda fuel mileage do you think we'll see with the new 6.7l diesel with the new 10 speed tranny? 20mpg on the highway w/o towing?
Im running 15 with 37 MTs

So I have completed the first 2 legs of my road trip and my 3rd leg to back to Tennessee from Utah this is was I am avg but I was getting 8mpg when climbing the rocky mountains forgot to get a picture but the whole trip I am avg 13.2 right now with 15 hours of idling at the camp site to charge batteries and offroading idling but I am towing a 2500lbs flatbed 18ft trailer with a 1999 Jeep XJ that weights about 4250lbs and all out gear and extra shit ... With clothes I am going with another 1000lbs and with the truck it not bad
Was expecting more around 16mpg but the mountains kill mpg but this TRUCK PULLS IN 10TH GEAR UP A MOUNTAIN THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!! the biggest thing that kills mpg is the fucking speed limits it fucking 80 here .... Which when going 80 with a trailer the truck get 11.4 mpg and 70 is 12.5 and 60 is 14.5 .... Speed kills mpg so I have been going 65 to 70 even when it is 80 bec6 fuck all the fucking bumps that start up trailer sway.... The colorado roads are the worst roads I have ever towed on .... It will make you have trailer sway above 50 mph .... But flat runs or kansas ZERO Sway at 80 .... I know I need sway control... But didn't think a 8000 lbs truck needed it for what I am pulling but the truck does amazing and the exhaust brake is doing great to hold the truck on the Ike gauntlet going 65 down that Huge mountain perfectly zero issues ... I am happy I went with the diesel it makes driving easier when you don't have to worry about your speed just steering

Attachments

• 20200905_111541.jpg
    20200905_111541.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 20200903_074659.jpg
    20200903_074659.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 104
I found pretty much the same just got back from Colorado trip with enclosed trailer. I can't believe the 80 MPH speed limits and the conditions of the roads. The faster you go the worse the mileage. But my buddy was in a 7.3 gasser behind me and kept asking me to slow down going up the mountains and going down the mountains with the engine brake and adaptive cruise I never used the brakes. He is putting a new set of front pads on right now. My mileage was double his, we had to stop for fuel all the time for him. So don't complain too much about the diesel MPG. It does burn more in the states that make you burn the bio crap. I think it's only up to 20% but that crummy fuel is not good for MPG.

So I have completed the first 2 legs of my road trip and my 3rd leg to back to Tennessee from Utah this is was I am avg but I was getting 8mpg when climbing the rocky mountains forgot to get a picture but the whole trip I am avg 13.2 right now with 15 hours of idling at the camp site to charge batteries and offroading idling but I am towing a 2500lbs flatbed 18ft trailer with a 1999 Jeep XJ that weights about 4250lbs and all out gear and extra shit ... With clothes I am going with another 1000lbs and with the truck it not bad
Was expecting more around 16mpg but the mountains kill mpg but this TRUCK PULLS IN 10TH GEAR UP A MOUNTAIN THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!! the biggest thing that kills mpg is the fucking speed limits it fucking 80 here .... Which when going 80 with a trailer the truck get 11.4 mpg and 70 is 12.5 and 60 is 14.5 .... Speed kills mpg so I have been going 65 to 70 even when it is 80 bec6 fuck all the fucking bumps that start up trailer sway.... The colorado roads are the worst roads I have ever towed on .... It will make you have trailer sway above 50 mph .... But flat runs or kansas ZERO Sway at 80 .... I know I need sway control... But didn't think a 8000 lbs truck needed it for what I am pulling but the truck does amazing and the exhaust brake is doing great to hold the truck on the Ike gauntlet going 65 down that Huge mountain perfectly zero issues ... I am happy I went with the diesel it makes driving easier when you don't have to worry about your speed just steering

I found pretty much the same just got back from Colorado trip with enclosed trailer. I can't believe the 80 MPH speed limits and the conditions of the roads. The faster you go the worse the mileage. But my buddy was in a 7.3 gasser behind me and kept asking me to slow down going up the mountains and going down the mountains with the engine brake and adaptive cruise I never used the brakes. He is putting a new set of front pads on right now. My mileage was double his, we had to stop for fuel all the time for him. So don't complain too much about the diesel MPG. It does burn more in the states that make you burn the bio crap. I think it's only up to 20% but that crummy fuel is not good for MPG.
Must be 3.55 gears on 7.3L or getting sick of pulling hills at under 3MPG :ROFLMAO:. Seems most of the rocky mountain states suffer from shit roads and high speed limits. On thing to keep in mind most trailer tires are typically not rated to run at 80 for sustained amount of time. Learned that one the hard way after blowing 3 tires on a WY ATV trip with a old sled trailer a few years ago. Went out and ordered a new trailer after that trip so wouldn’t be stuck at 55 since that was all I could find for that trailer. For me 70 is more than fast enough and within specs of all my trailer tires now.

Must be 3.55 gears on 7.3L or getting sick of pulling hills at under 3MPG :ROFLMAO:. Seems most of the rocky mountain states suffer from shit roads and high speed limits. On thing to keep in mind most trailer tires are typically not rated to run at 80 for sustained amount of time. Learned that one the hard way after blowing 3 tires on a WY ATV trip with a old sled trailer a few years ago. Went out and ordered a new trailer after that trip so wouldn’t be stuck at 55 since that was all I could find for that trailer. For me 70 is more than fast enough and within specs of all my trailer tires now.
funny you mentioned the tires. I blew one out in the Mountains, put on the spare and we drove a bit slower to our final destination. My wife insisted we get a set of 4 new trailer tires before the trip home. I got them $23.00 each cheaper out in Colorado than at home and they are 8 ply tires. The tire store says he sells tons of trailer tires averages over 6 per day in that size alone.

800 miles on truck, I drive between Raleigh @ 315’ elevation & Sneads Ferry, NC @ 26’ elevation weekly. Driving easy and keeping it at 65 MPH on cruise control, pulling a tiny 5x8’ trailer with about 500 lbs in it.
I’m getting 21.5 MPG on mostly flat I-40 and 18 MPG in city.

Attachments

• 6E8F5502-B255-405B-B406-572FCC92399A.jpeg
    6E8F5502-B255-405B-B406-572FCC92399A.jpeg
    485.7 KB · Views: 158
  • B7EE6709-2015-45AE-818F-7A6D80C0AC0D.jpeg
    B7EE6709-2015-45AE-818F-7A6D80C0AC0D.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 159
I just drove back from purchasing my truck (2021 with a 6.7L) in Alabama, about 400 miles away. Caught some traffic for about 30-40 miles in Alabama and then cruised on the highway at about 75 mph. Dash read 18.4 mpg for the trip. Not bad considering the 75mph cruise I expect, and way better than the 12.5 I was getting in my 7.3L

Wouldn't mind a little increase after everything breaks in, but that a great start.

During my 1050 mile break-in I was averaging 21+ on the highway (but I stayed near 65) and 18 overall. In last 1257 miles towing 9000 lb trailer all over hilly and curvy NorCal I averaged 12.1. Was getting 13+ on I-5 at 62-63.

in town driving like an asshole i get 15. highway driving nice i can get up to 23-24. towing im averaging 11-14 with 8-13k# trailers mix of city and highway. the less red lights you hit the better lol

I'm at 2800 miles with 1800 towing my 9000 lb TT. Averaging
12-13 towing and 21 empty on freeways although 23 is common if the traffic is steady and I behave.

I took my new 6.7 with 300 miles on a 1400 mile trip last week. Half of it 70 mph and 30mph side wind average 19.4 mpg. Last half directly into 25 mph head wind at 75mph and averaged 14.6 mph. Temperatures in between 25 and 50 degrees. Overall, very happy with the result.

update on my mileage since this thread is popping back up. I'm tracking all mileage and fuel in Fuelio on my phone. My dash mileage is not even close to accurate. Usually shows 1.5-2.5 better than reality.

Over 8400 miles tracked now, mainly in Florida so warmer temps. Half my driving it highway, other half is city but my highway trips are 200 miles each way to North Florida. Highway driving is 75-80mph half the trip, 60-70 for the other half. Drive any slower around here and you will get run off the road by semi trucks passing you.

My overall average is 16.5mpg with no towing, just gear in my bed for hunt camp usually on my highway trips.

I’ve been hand calculating mine since I got my truck with similar results. Lie-o-meter is usually 1 to 3 mpg higher than reality. I’m at 18k and my best tank was just shy of 17mpg, worst was right at 14mpg, and average overall is 15.4mpg.

The good news is that I’ve seen virtually no difference since I switched to 37s.

I’ve been hand calculating mine since I got my truck with similar results. Lie-o-meter is usually 1 to 3 mpg higher than reality. I’m at 18k and my best tank was just shy of 17mpg, worst was right at 14mpg, and average overall is 15.4mpg.

The good news is that I’ve seen virtually no difference since I switched to 37s.

Interesting. For me hand calc is typically within .5 of the trip computer.

I also track every fill up with fuels app and my truck has been consistently 1.5-2 mpg “happy” on the digital readout.

I have a few tanks in the 17s, some in the 13s (towing my boat), a few in between and my lifetime mpg according to fuelly over the last 3900 miles is 16 mpg. I left south Alabama this morning and drove to Pigeon Forge, TN with a stop by Rock City in Lookout Mountain, GA and both tanks calculated at 16.6 mpg. I had 4 people, a bed full of luggage, coolers, food, drinks, etc., and ran 75 mph with the occasional few miles at 78-80 mph.

Although my 2020 F250 FX4 got a 1-2 mpg better than this, I remind myself that this truck is a Tremor package with small lift, 35” tires, and 3.55 gears as opposed to the stock tires, no lift, and 3.31 gears in my 2020.

I will also add that I tracked my mileage in my 2021 Denali Duramax (stock) over 9287 miles and had an average of 13 mpg. I did have more trips towing the boat with it but it consistently got worse stock than my Tremor.

My 6.7 gets better mileage than my 2020 Tacoma I traded in. Extremely happy!

Toyota should be ashamed they ruined that truck with the new engine and 6 speed.

Back