37x12.50/r18 Toyo Rt Trail Pressure

Cold, rear is at 46 and front is at 53, I’ll keep you posted. The front obviously with the weight of the engine has a good contact patch.
I think you’re getting overly concerned about this for no real reason. Noticing it is good, but there’s no need to worry.

When our rigs are empty back there, they’re basically just floating across the pavement.

This is where tire rotation is key—swap those fronts every 5K~ miles and the wear should even out due to the engine weight as you mentioned.

Toyo's are generally made out of a harder rubber compound, but once the rears are moved up front, they’ll start rounding out those outer edges and vice versa.

I run Toyos on another SD and have noticed that no matter how low I go, they still wear flat when empty, but that’s the beauty of rotation—they balance out once moved to the back.

As already warned, be cautious when running tire pressure too low if you’re towing; keep those pressures appropriate for the application.
 
37x12.5R18 Toyo RT Trails, on OEM Tremor wheels,

blasting back from Moab to Texas.

I have an estimated 1500# of stuff in the bed of the truck



1790681028784.webp
 
37x12.5R18 Toyo RT Trails, on OEM Tremor wheels,

blasting back from Moab to Texas.

I have an estimated 1500# of stuff in the bed of the truck



View attachment 272712

I run Yokohama Geo MTs on the Tremor with full time land surveying gear in the bed ~ 2K # and keep the rears at 51 cold. The steers I go up a tad and run them at 57. Rolling (hot) pressure typically increases those values by 4-5 pounds. This has resulted in a perfect wear considering the soft rubber on the MTs. My rears don't ever become flat although it does wear them enough to keep a uniform wear on all fours. I also rotate every oil change and balance once a year.

I can see how the pressure used here by @MVI reflects the harder compound of the Toyos providing a good ride while still keeping an even wear, pending a routine rotation as stated.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MVI
I probably over rotate them, 5 tire rotation every 4000 miles - 5000 miles max
If you consider this a problem, I also do the same given the fact that I do not run on mileage for oil changes but rather engine hours. I become easily paranoid when I see rears start to flat and the next tire rotation isn't already scheduled so because of that I just dance them around every time that drain plug gets busted loose.
 
Boy, you guys are softies around here. I run R/T trails on my 450 at around 65-70 for daily driving. :ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside these have been good tires. They don't get rotated; did about 35k on my first front set (DD'ing DRW diesel for nearly 30 years, IME that's decent slinging that weight around like a rally car, generally do 2x front pair for every rear set), at 50k on original rear set and bet they have 10k more in them. All in all, pleased with the wear on them.
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom