2guns' 2022 Iconic Silver Build Thread!

Have you gotten around to installing your diesel heater yet for your FWC? I am in the process of researching the install on our SD trucks but I am struggling to find an alternative to tapping the diesel tank for the straw/standpipe.

I know the cab chassis trucks come with a tap on top of the sender for easier upfits (just like the Sprinter vans we have installed these on numerous times) but I am coming short for the regular pickups.
 
I did! The S&B truck gas tank replacement came with an extra standpipe and that's what I used. The pump is mounted to the truck frame with a motorcycle gas quick disconnect for the diesel hose inside back left of bed. Works great for my application! No more mr. buddy heaters or propane for me and seconds to disconnect the gas/electric. Debated another tank stuck to the side of the FWC, but with the exhaust/intake on the side of the FWC it's pegged all the way to the other side of the truck (no heat or exhaust issues tho). Hope that helps and here are a few pics. Let me know if you have any more questions. Good luck on your install!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5074.webp
    IMG_5074.webp
    112.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_9268.webp
    IMG_9268.webp
    496.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_9269.webp
    IMG_9269.webp
    261.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9272.webp
    IMG_9272.webp
    63.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_9273.webp
    IMG_9273.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9275.webp
    IMG_9275.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 87
Exhaust off the side there. Forgive the mess.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9276.webp
    IMG_9276.webp
    43.2 KB · Views: 108
Exhaust off the side there. Forgive the mess.
awesome truck !! how are you liking the falken wildpeak at3w's ??
 
awesome truck !! how are you liking the falken wildpeak at3w's ??
Loving them! Quiet, good winter traction, no issues at all. I’d like to try their mud terrains next tire change.
 
Loving them! Quiet, good winter traction, no issues at all. I’d like to try their mud terrains next tire change.
cool. thank you, i have a set coming.
 
IMG_4206.webp


Another year, another Arctic circle! HIGHLY recommend the Dempster Highway.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4135.webp
    IMG_4135.webp
    321.4 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom