2guns' 2022 Iconic Silver Build Thread!

She is coming together nicely! Hit a snag with the Warn bumper as it doesn’t have an adaptive cruise bracket. THOR Off-road in Dripping Springs, TX (very happy with their service btw) is going to fabricate an integrated cutout bracket to make it work. I have the e-venture, but decided to hold off on it for a bit and run just the 3.5” full pin-top for a while.

I was a bit nervous about the bumper, but seeing it in person i am super happy about it. Can’t wait to show better pictures!!
 

Attachments

  • A216B1D3-D0A1-4B96-9DD8-F7A8AA600415.webp
    A216B1D3-D0A1-4B96-9DD8-F7A8AA600415.webp
    111.7 KB · Views: 329
  • C7868357-9DC4-4E45-8DE6-2E889F25AC5E.webp
    C7868357-9DC4-4E45-8DE6-2E889F25AC5E.webp
    210.6 KB · Views: 329
I think a few folks on here just shed a couple tears… 😢

But that bumper is a beast!!!
I hear ya man. It came down to install pricing. They hadn’t installed one yet so it was going to be a big install bill-essentially I’d lose the cost of the analog Kings. I figure now that the big system parts are installed i can do the e-venture in a weekend later down the road and have an extra set of the King shocks if needed it to sell😀
 
Finally got it back from the shop!!! Super happy with the build so far. I will post reviews/impressions soon.

Shop installed Warn front bumper/16.5 winch, front lighting, rear Rhino bumper/lights/full Carli Pintop system, 37s, and S&B tank.


29F3CBFE-6CBE-4EAA-9EDC-ACE5B163F128.webp
 

Attachments

  • D9694426-0A60-4939-B3C3-3D28F231CF88.webp
    D9694426-0A60-4939-B3C3-3D28F231CF88.webp
    469.5 KB · Views: 230
Awesome. Have fun and be careful!

Snap a few pics along the way.
 
Greetings fellow Tremor owners!

The move to Anchorage is complete! It has been a life long dream and wasn’t easy to make happen but it’s done! My late WWII grandfather and Vietnam Uncle, mentor, and best friend would be proud.

The ALCAN Highway is tough on vehicles. It’s paved the whole way minus the 100s of road construction miles, but the pot holes and frost heaves will find ANY weakness in your truck/trailer system and exploit the crap out of it.

The family (me, wife, 4yo, and dog) had planned on about 1.5 weeks trip and we did it in 4 days. 2x 15 hr and 2x 13 hr days from Minneapolis to Anchorage. The maxed out 7k trailer was stressful. You better hope your packing is good. I lost a trailer brake wiring harness, half a fender flare due to constant pelting of rocks, and the upper deck system was at failure point when we arrived. The combination of trailer, wife, 4yo, and dog we just pushed thru it and got there. Also, it’s broad daylight at midnight soooo you might as well just drive if you don’t have blackout curtains on your 4 wheel Camper 🤨😣😵‍💫😢😭.

We saw soooo much wildlife. 13 bears, moose, elk, bison, dal sheep, and coyote. Favorites below.
 

Attachments

  • 8C2F64F2-227C-4CDA-A60F-155AF392424F.webp
    8C2F64F2-227C-4CDA-A60F-155AF392424F.webp
    528.8 KB · Views: 128
  • FF4C88B0-C5C7-4628-B7DB-EC0016539BF0.webp
    FF4C88B0-C5C7-4628-B7DB-EC0016539BF0.webp
    176.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 6C74EB98-DE82-4137-B214-F257A08107C9.webp
    6C74EB98-DE82-4137-B214-F257A08107C9.webp
    761.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 9B678E11-63E3-4FBA-A9FB-572213F4B531.webp
    9B678E11-63E3-4FBA-A9FB-572213F4B531.webp
    158.2 KB · Views: 131
  • C0BD0EE1-FC74-4D4B-A140-F7DA527039B9.webp
    C0BD0EE1-FC74-4D4B-A140-F7DA527039B9.webp
    280.8 KB · Views: 130
I was able to take the Tremor and 4 wheel camper (Hawk Shell) out on its first real break in trip this weekend near Coopers Landing, AK.

Let me say….. the Carli Pintop 3.5 is the bees knees. Wow. Miles of washboard and you can’t feel a thing. It eats it up no problem and makes the off-roading very pleasant. I’m impressed. That said i know want the 5.5, 38s, fender flare delete, and 5.5 airbags 😂😂😂.

I had the the system installed by a shop (Thor Off-road, Dripping Springs, TX) including the full progressive springs and installed airbags on my own. I didn’t have the time to do the AirliftOne automatic system so i just have the air ports at my license plate. I needed them for sure for pulling the trailer and the truck still sags way to much for my comfort with the 4WC (four wheel camper) in the back. I might ask CJC to send me some constant weight springs. Idk yet on that. The airbags seem okay but i also like the idea of less electrical stuff and trying to find a place for my actual compressor plus the AirliftOne compressor is truck stressing me. Seems ridiculous to have 2 compressors and i don’t want a below truck mount due to the environment.

Anyways, Alaska is everything i could have dreamed of and more. It’s like Colorado but 1,000x better and has no sales tax. Here are a few pics:
A5DEAD11-7F07-45ED-9D7C-6D4F95325F28.webp
 

Attachments

  • FAE141D9-40E4-46D5-98E6-4FC9B1F35050.webp
    FAE141D9-40E4-46D5-98E6-4FC9B1F35050.webp
    454 KB · Views: 160
  • D3E84165-544E-4DC2-A750-58750DCA8C21.webp
    D3E84165-544E-4DC2-A750-58750DCA8C21.webp
    191.2 KB · Views: 158
Nice to see more AK folks on here. Tremor & FWC is a match made in heaven.
It’s official as i just got my classic yellow AK plates on Friday! Super excited to be here! Would love to meet up so let me know when you’re on the mainland and want to do some camping. I’m still dialing in the 4wc for sure. My plan is to put in a Webasto diesel heater that runs off the S&B tank. That’ll go in after a few renovations are done on the new house, but after this weekend i think I’ll need it sooner than later 😂😂😂
 
Great looking rig and I enjoyed the wildlife photos. Congrats on completing your journey safely. The Alcan can be a pretty challenging stretch of road.
 
AWESOME! Glad you and the family made it safely.
 
It’s official as i just got my classic yellow AK plates on Friday! Super excited to be here! Would love to meet up so let me know when you’re on the mainland and want to do some camping. I’m still dialing in the 4wc for sure. My plan is to put in a Webasto diesel heater that runs off the S&B tank. That’ll go in after a few renovations are done on the new house, but after this weekend i think I’ll need it sooner than later 😂😂😂
Will do! Yeah a good forced air heater is a must. I have a fully built out OVRLND on my GMC. But I only have a little propane wave 3. Doesn’t work so hot, just because it’s so wet, and the propane makes so much condensation. Plan is to eventually do a Dickinson with a removable chimney.
 
Will do! Yeah a good forced air heater is a must. I have a fully built out OVRLND on my GMC. But I only have a little propane wave 3. Doesn’t work so hot, just because it’s so wet, and the propane makes so much condensation. Plan is to eventually do a Dickinson with a removable chimney.
I love the Dickinson! They are so cool looking too. I wish they made a diesel version.
 
She is coming together nicely! Hit a snag with the Warn bumper as it doesn’t have an adaptive cruise bracket. THOR Off-road in Dripping Springs, TX (very happy with their service btw) is going to fabricate an integrated cutout bracket to make it work. I have the e-venture, but decided to hold off on it for a bit and run just the 3.5” full pin-top for a while.

I was a bit nervous about the bumper, but seeing it in person i am super happy about it. Can’t wait to show better pictures!!
Can you share any additional details on the ACC bracket? The Ascent is the best looking bumper I've seen (and I've looked at everything I can find) but I need the bracket.
 
Can you share any additional details on the ACC bracket? The Ascent is the best looking bumper I've seen (and I've looked at everything I can find) but I need the bracket.
Sorry for the delay…

ECBC5901-659F-4D1A-AD26-FE34CEE71474.webp


BE8B29D1-E54C-4515-8903-06FB44344A2B.webp
 
Can you share any additional details on the ACC bracket? The Ascent is the best looking bumper I've seen (and I've looked at everything I can find) but I need the bracket.

From talking to the install techs they said they’ve had difficulties getting the behind the grill relocation brackets to work properly.

What they did for my bumper is just drilled holes to relocate it in the hole that was already there. Seems to be working just fine and isn’t a hideous box on top the bumper.
 
From talking to the install techs they said they’ve had difficulties getting the behind the grill relocation brackets to work properly.

What they did for my bumper is just drilled holes to relocate it in the hole that was already there. Seems to be working just fine and isn’t a hideous box on top the bumper.
Thanks. They custom-fabbed that bracket, right?
 
Back
Top Bottom