‘24 Owners Who Removed Tailgate

...The [camera] one I got from camera source works perfectly in my '24. I believe they use an OEM camera, so that would make sense.

The one I bought off of ebay was supposed to be OEM but you never know and it didn't work. Others have bought random ones off ebay and they work for one pickup owner but not the next. There is another ebay seller that removes OEM ones from trucks and sells them and some have had success with his, but some have not. So still not sure what is allowing some cameras, with the same part number, to work or not work on a give VIN.

I was given two numbers to call to speak to Ford further about this issue:

1-800-232-5952
1-800-392-3673

I'll be calling today. If everyone took 10 minutes to call them it would help keep pressure on.

I'll give it a whirl! Did you have your dealership appointment and the result was "You call Ford"? Or has the dealership not yet looked at the truck? Curious if you were given these numbers by the dealership, Ford website chat, or some other source. Thanks.

I'll give it a whirl! Did you have your dealership appointment and the result was "You call Ford"? Or has the dealership not yet looked at the truck? Curious if you were given these numbers by the dealership, Ford website chat, or some other source. Thanks.

I got the numbers from Ford chat. I haven't had time yet to get the truck into my dealer.

I have the same exact issue, have not gotten to the dealer yet.

@Chadx I have a very similar setup to you - non Tremor Lariat SC 7.3, STC #103. You also camped with my buddy from Co. Springs!

View attachment 158283
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Beautiful!!!! Come on over to the Overland Camper thread with that beauty and tell us a little about it!

IMG_2118.jpeg

Number 73 here, 12,500 miles on it already and still can’t say enough great things.

I took my '24 F-350 into the dealer a couple of weeks ago and they originally thought it was a cable pin-out mismatch issue. They did open a ticket with Ford but there is still no resolution. Last I talked to the service writer he said they thought it might be a "module" issue, which I interpreted as meaning more than just a cable pin-out issue.

Took my truck in last Friday to the dealer. Service confirmed the issue and wrote a ticket. Said hopefully Ford comes up with a fix soon. About all the can do currently is reprogram the truck to ignore the tailgate and reprogram it when I put the tailgate back on. At least they did update the latest Sync software update that failed to load with the auto update.

Took my truck in last Friday to the dealer. Service confirmed the issue and wrote a ticket. Said hopefully Ford comes up with a fix soon. About all the can do currently is reprogram the truck to ignore the tailgate and reprogram it when I put the tailgate back on. At least they did update the latest Sync software update that failed to load with the auto update.

Glad they opened a ticket for it.
Reprogramming (even seasonally) would be great and my dealership first said that was something they could do. I said do it since it was already there. Once they tried, they said the computer wouldn't let them reprogram the truck to ignore the tailgate on Lariat and above. I see from your previous post that yours is a "2024 F350 Lariat with the ultimate package". So did they try to reprogram it to ignore the tailgate and was it successful? I have since programmed some changes to my '24 Lariat with FORScan, but not found anything to turn off the tailgate check. So curious if you had it programmed, intend to, or are not going to even bother trying? Thanks.

Glad they opened a ticket for it.
Reprogramming (even seasonally) would be great and my dealership first said that was something they could do. I said do it since it was already there. Once they tried, they said the computer wouldn't let them reprogram the truck to ignore the tailgate on Lariat and above. I see from your previous post that yours is a "2024 F350 Lariat with the ultimate package". So did they try to reprogram it to ignore the tailgate and was it successful? I have since programmed some changes to my '24 Lariat with FORScan, but not found anything to turn off the tailgate check. So curious if you had it programmed, intend to, or are not going to even bother trying? Thanks.
Sound like the did try the programing to ignore the tailgate but when they did the camera did not work. For now I just intend to live with the message so that I can still use my extra camera. Does FORScan have a Pickup bed configuration option? According to the service report the option to ignore the tailgate is in Pickup bed configuration. Attached it the description from my service report.
IMG_7853.jpg

My service writer told me the same thing yesterday... that they could program it for when the tailgate is off, and then when it is back on again. They did acknowledge that Ford is working on a solution so that the tailgate delete harness works as it was intended. I also had the AC issue (evidently common) crop up within the last 2 weeks and they said Ford is also working on a solution for that. I have read about compressors and various components being replaced, but my service writer said it was a "programming" issue with the internal ambient temperature probe and the "Auto" strategy, not a mechanical issue. We'll see.

Back