23 SD Platty longbed @ Philly Auto

Huge ugly front air dam is the main reason I ordered a Tremor.
Honestly, if thats the main reason then you’re overpaying $4250 for something that a. you can either do yourself at home by cropping that air dam or .b simply buying a tremor valence for about 150$. No need to waste all that dough on a tremor package.

Especially on 2023 now that Tremors wont have fender flares and all these trucks will pretty much look the same vanilla, aside for stickers, which most will be removing anyways since that 🍊 looking crap has to go.

I’ve never used cat filters before or looked into them, I did not know spe was considered “shady” I’ve been a long time Cummins guy so on this site and a powerstroke site is the first I’ve heard of them. It does look like a nice design though that makes filter changes easier quicker and cleaner, wonder if there’s Baldwin or Donaldson that have the same thread as the head they’re using
The SPE guys are terrible to work with. Most of their products are quality, and I have many on my truck. But if you have any issue at all with a product (my disaster prevention kit did not fit - not even close), if you can get a hold of them (almost impossible to do), they say some BS excuse and then tell you you’re doing it wrong. I sent them pictures showing the issue. No response, they just me a replacement part, which was the exact same part that didnt’ work.
Spoke to a diesel shop out here about some other work I want done, and we got on the SPE subject. He said the same thing. Quality products, but customer service is not existent. He even placed a large order with them, got a tracking number, and it wasn’t working. Called another buddy with a shop in another state that worked with them. They found out they both were sold the same order, and given the same tracking numbers for their orders. So, I have avoided SPE ever since the part didn’t fit. I had placed a large order with a lot of stuff, so I was already committed. But had I known ahead of time, I would have bought everything somewhere else. The HSM upper/lower fuel filter swaps are better than the SPE setup anyway, and use the filters @Himni mentioned, so you get a quality setup with better filtration.

The SPE guys are terrible to work with. Most of their products are quality, and I have many on my truck. But if you have any issue at all with a product (my disaster prevention kit did not fit - not even close), if you can get a hold of them (almost impossible to do), they say some BS excuse and then tell you you’re doing it wrong. I sent them pictures showing the issue. No response, they just me a replacement part, which was the exact same part that didnt’ work.
Spoke to a diesel shop out here about some other work I want done, and we got on the SPE subject. He said the same thing. Quality products, but customer service is not existent. He even placed a large order with them, got a tracking number, and it wasn’t working. Called another buddy with a shop in another state that worked with them. They found out they both were sold the same order, and given the same tracking numbers for their orders. So, I have avoided SPE ever since the part didn’t fit. I had placed a large order with a lot of stuff, so I was already committed. But had I known ahead of time, I would have bought everything somewhere else. The HSM upper/lower fuel filter swaps are better than the SPE setup anyway, and use the filters @Himni mentioned, so you get a quality setup with better filtration.
I didnt get to the disaster kit yet, but everything ive seen and heard so far pointed to S&S and this being the only product that i would go with eventually.

On the same topic, anyone confirm its the same CP4 pump on the HO 23s?

I didnt get to the disaster kit yet, but everything ive seen and heard so far pointed to S&S and this being the only product that i would go with eventually.

On the same topic, anyone confirm its the same CP4 pump on the HO 23s?

Chalk another one up for the S&S kit.

I’m going with that as well, which is what spurred me and the diesel guys discussion about SPE

Honestly, if thats the main reason then you’re overpaying $4250 for something that a. you can either do yourself at home by cropping that air dam or .b simply buying a tremor valence for about 150$. No need to waste all that dough on a tremor package.

Especially on 2023 now that Tremors wont have fender flares and all these trucks will pretty much look the same vanilla, aside for stickers, which most will be removing anyways since that 🍊 looking crap has to go.
Dude, I already have it (since August 2021). I said it was the main reason, not the only one.

I don’t like the H&S one I watched several videos on it including arods it just doesn’t make sense to me how they do it and keeping the under hood filter plus the cutting lines is no bueno, the spe one reminds me of doing an airdog on a Cummins eliminating the factory bullshit. Thanks for letting me know about the horrible cs though that alone will keep me away from them, guess I’ll stick to stock filters then

I’ve never used cat filters before or looked into them, I did not know spe was considered “shady” I’ve been a long time Cummins guy so on this site and a powerstroke site is the first I’ve heard of them. It does look like a nice design though that makes filter changes easier quicker and cleaner, wonder if there’s Baldwin or Donaldson that have the same thread as the head they’re using

I don’t like the H&S one I watched several videos on it including arods it just doesn’t make sense to me how they do it and keeping the under hood filter plus the cutting lines is no bueno, the spe one reminds me of doing an airdog on a Cummins eliminating the factory bullshit. Thanks for letting me know about the horrible cs though that alone will keep me away from them, guess I’ll stick to stock filters then

I like the idea of their design and having both filters underneath but I don’t trust them and the way they explain the WIF sensor shows how clueless they are about stuff.

I don’t know if their are filters that would fit from Baldwin or Donaldson but I’m certain there are but would have to research to find them.

I have had no issues with the HSM upper and lower kits with the alternative filters from Baldwin and Donaldson that I’ve found. 3 micron for the water/fuel separator with an clear bowl on the bottom and 4 for the secondary filter. Separator far exceeds both oem filters and secondary meets oem. It would be nice to have both filter underneath though.

I might do an airdog or fass when I get the S&B tank to have everything underneath with even better filtration plus air removal.

Can't be quality products if they don't fit. :giggle:
Haha! Fair enough! Everything else I had from them fit flawlessly and really is good build quality. Disaster kit being the exception.

Payload scales
I'm aware that the truck has payload scales. But I can't imagine the only payload scales on the truck would be on the radius arms up front. One would think they would be measuring in the rear of the truck where the actual payload will be held.

On the F-150, in addition to the payload scales they also have ride height sensors for some adaptive suspension. I'm curious to see, as we get more info, if this has anything to do with suspension or is only for the payload scales.

Exterior lines. I didn’t hate the grill, nor the headlights. They are not my 22s, which i think will be iconic, but they are totally fine in person. What’s interesting is that platinum headlights are black plastic inside whereas lariats i saw on photos head chrome insides. Maybe this gives platinum headlights a more premium look. The rear lights look good, no need for any morimotos.

View attachment 110934

View attachment 110935

View attachment 110936

View attachment 110940

View attachment 110937

View attachment 110938

View attachment 110939

The new SD will actually have 3 different types of headlights from the factory, like the 202+ F-150. Lariat and King Ranch trucks optioned with LED headlights will have LED reflectors while Platinum and Limited edition trucks will have LED projectors.

Actually hsm lower kit comes with cat lol
CFA07E79-CF7B-49D1-B76D-EAD098F6A195.png

Actually hsm lower kit comes with cat lol
Yes, but accepts the other filters @Himni mentions, so that gets swapped out immediately. I wasn't sure about SPE setup being able to do that or not. Either way, SPE was more expensive also, and the whole CS issues as already mentioned

Actually hsm lower kit comes with cat lolView attachment 111222

Yes, but accepts the other filters @Himni mentions, so that gets swapped out immediately. I wasn't sure about SPE setup being able to do that or not. Either way, SPE was more expensive also, and the whole CS issues as already mentioned

Donaldson P553203 and bowl P569758 for the lower filter and Baldwin BF46228 for the upper

I'm aware that the truck has payload scales. But I can't imagine the only payload scales on the truck would be on the radius arms up front. One would think they would be measuring in the rear of the truck where the actual payload will be held.

On the F-150, in addition to the payload scales they also have ride height sensors for some adaptive suspension. I'm curious to see, as we get more info, if this has anything to do with suspension or is only for the payload scales.

The new SD will actually have 3 different types of headlights from the factory, like the 202+ F-150. Lariat and King Ranch trucks optioned with LED headlights will have LED reflectors while Platinum and Limited edition trucks will have LED projectors.
To do true weight measuring, the payload scale sensors need to be in all four corners. (Driver weight)

My next observation is on the quality of bed steps. On a 1/2 year at most, nearly new truck, the finish is gone at the side step edge. The plastic ends are not seating flush with body. See for yourself.

In comparison, i walked over to GMC and looked at the detail of their step. Perfect finish, perfect grip. (See attached photos) Embarrassing for Ford, really.

Functionality wise, as others have pointed out, the step is sitting too high. Im over 6 feet and stepping on and off wasn’t as comfortable as using my 2022 AMP steps, which on their own are perfect match for our height tremors.

Attachments

• 9D4E0778-7BB9-441B-B99E-37DA9766D447.jpeg
    9D4E0778-7BB9-441B-B99E-37DA9766D447.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 9D4AED0E-37DC-4C9C-9BF1-499A96751486.jpeg
    9D4AED0E-37DC-4C9C-9BF1-499A96751486.jpeg
    380.2 KB · Views: 57
  • C3D7E354-CB09-4F06-A787-A42A82118D96.jpeg
    C3D7E354-CB09-4F06-A787-A42A82118D96.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 56
  • E3198B91-BE7F-4533-B582-7850F594EA17.jpeg
    E3198B91-BE7F-4533-B582-7850F594EA17.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 2C20B039-9360-46E3-80CA-CCF4BDF16025.jpeg
    2C20B039-9360-46E3-80CA-CCF4BDF16025.jpeg
    323 KB · Views: 65
  • 891970C8-5D95-418B-9B4F-4FF622AF348A.jpeg
    891970C8-5D95-418B-9B4F-4FF622AF348A.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
My next observation is on the quality of bed steps. On a 1/2 year at most, nearly new truck, the finish is gone at the side step edge. The plastic ends are not seating flush with body. See for yourself.

In comparison, i walked over to GMC and looked at the detail of their step. Perfect finish, perfect grip. (See attached photos) Embarrassing for Ford, really.

Functionality wise, as others have pointed out, the step is sitting too high. Im over 6 feet and stepping on and off wasn’t as comfortable as using my 2022 AMP steps, which on their own are perfect match for our height tremors.

looks to be standard Ford quality :rolleyes:

Latest Discussions

Back