2023 Ford Super Duty Guide Released

If I'm reading the whole order guide correctly, the camera system got added to a different package. I believe it got added to the tow technology package.
The Camera system is integrated into the Copilot 360 system kinda simplifying the options packages and making each trim level unique in it's own way. XL AND XLT are considered entry-level with some added luxury for the Lariat! Price difference between trim levels averages around $2700. Ford is following suit with almost all manufacturers and saying you get what you get with each trim level!

Retuned 7.3 is down 5 hp and up 10 ft-lb torque. 430 HP, 485 ft-lb

Edit - I'm wrong, I thought the 7.3 had 435 HP originally. Looks like it has always been 430.

Last edited:
The HO option is a joke. Just another way for a Ford to charge extra money. It used to cost approximately $8k to go from a 7.3gas to a 6.7 diesel with the Tremor pkg. Now that the ‘base’ engine is the 7.3 they are going to charge you $12,495 for the HO diesel option and just under $10k for the derated diesel

I went on the build and price site and built a 2023 with the same equipment that I have on my 22 except the 6.7 went to the HO. 2023 price is $100,712 vs $90,000 for my 22. I think getting to the 6 figure price is a no go.

I went on the build and price site and built a 2023 with the same equipment that I have on my 22 except the 6.7 went to the HO. 2023 price is $100,712 vs $90,000 for my 22. I think getting to the 6 figure price is a no go.
I did the same for my 7.3 and it was almost $8,000 more

Just did the build, hate that they force the HO in the diesel, same build as last year is upto 92,000 for a lariat, are you kidding me ford, its nice but not that nice! They better offer 8,000 pco to customers, given interest rates these babies may not move like ford thinks that they are going too. May seriously look at the ram or Chevy as they seem to offer some more incentives or just hold out as the auro industry is going to feel the pinch in a few months with higher interest rates and the fall of the used pricing market.

Ran mine through the build and it was 99k! 9 k more than my 2022 but has more equipment because of the packages such as the generator. Will just take the winch off of my trade so left that off because I did that to mine after delivery because it was cheaper to do it that way and did not want to slow my build.

Noticed they aren't offering the black appearance package anymore?
You can force it on by selecting the black wheels-it adds the price but doesn’t update the picture

Ran mine through the build and it was 99k! 9 k more than my 2022 but has more equipment because of the packages such as the generator. Will just take the winch off of my trade so left that off because I did that to mine after delivery because it was cheaper to do it that way and did not want to slow my build.
Yeah, little bit of a jump from last year. My configuration came in at $103K... not including a few of the options that I'm planning to add like the Onboard Scales & Smart Hitch, Pro Trailer Hitch Assist, 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Trailer BLIS System.... I've already committed to my wife that this will be what I'll drive for the next 10 years, but with the overall price tag going well into the 6 figures, I may never own another new car after this one! :p

Noticed they aren't offering the black appearance package anymore?
Fords webpage "explore 2023" (not build and price) does show a black appearance package but its a late availability. Says available spring 2023. I'm sure it will hit on build and price soon.

They are but it's only on the XL and XLT trims!
I don’t see a black appearance package listed in the 2023 order guide at all, unless they’re calling it something else. Unless it has something to do with the J2 status? Who knows.

17L is the option code for the '22 black apperance package, so I imagine it will be the same for the '23 model year.

Found it interesting there were typo errors in the order guide..

Last edited:
Ordering the 2k Watt inverter deletes the dual alternator option. Why is that? It also deletes the interior 120 volt plug apparently.

Max fold seats can only be had in the 40/console/40 configuration, not 40/20/40 (bench seat) configuration.

Adding Ultimate Lariat package deletes “Removable Tailgate” feature. What does this mean?

Adding 360 degree cameras apparently pushes the build into Job 2 status with an internal code 99. I’m not sure I really need the cameras since I’ll be using a slide in camper rather than a trailer.

Ordering the 2k Watt inverter deletes the dual alternator option. Why is that? It also deletes the interior 120 volt plug apparently.

Max fold seats can only be had in the 40/console/40 configuration, not 40/20/40 (bench seat) configuration.

Adding Ultimate Lariat package deletes “Removable Tailgate” feature. What does this mean?

Adding 360 degree cameras apparently pushes the build into Job 2 status with an internal code 99. I’m not sure I really need the cameras since I’ll be using a slide in camper rather than a trailer.
It only 'removes' the 400 watt port because it replaces it with the 2KW one. It will still be there in the dash, and rear of center console.

One of the dual alternators becomes one that is 24 volts and 150 amps, meant ONLY for the inverter I'm pretty sure. So, this may be a downgrade in a way from the normal dual 12V alternator setup from prior years.

If the 24V alternator has different windings to also allow 12V out of it, then I retract the downgrade statement.

It only 'removes' the 400 watt port because it replaces it with the 2KW one. It will still be there in the dash, and rear of center console.

One of the dual alternators becomes one that is 24 volts and 150 amps, meant ONLY for the inverter I'm pretty sure. So, this may be a downgrade in a way from the normal dual 12V alternator setup from prior years.

If the 24V alternator has different windings to also allow 12V out of it, then I retract the downgrade statement.
I was going to say, I believe I read on the order guide that the invertor comes with dual alternators/batteries.

Roger that.

Was hoping it did not remove the interior port b/c obviously it would come in handy.

Latest Discussions

Back