2022 6.7 drivability issues (light throttle bucking)

R32GT-R

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F350 King Ranch Ultimate 6.7 Tremor - Antimatter/Stone
Current Ride #2
1998 Nissan Patrol/Safari TD42t - i6 IDI, 1989 Nissan R32 GT-R
has anyone else experienced light throttle drivability issues? it seems to happen in and around the 3->4 and 4->5 upshift and downshift.

i have experienced, bucking (on/off throttle) w. a constant pedal application, also when taking off from a slow roll up to a traffic light which turns from red to green w. light throttle the engine bogs and feels like its about to stall.

all of the time it happens w. light throttle applied (<10%)

w. heavy throttle input it drives just fine w. lots of power.

2022 w. 1800 miles

Personally and from my experience you need more break in time for the transmission. My transmission took close to 5,000 miles before it started to smooth out. Pretty smooth now and generally are happy with the transmission other than Ford's torque management programming which sucks. Other than the fuel economy I prefer the 6.7l / 6spd in my '15.

I'd take it in... The tcu might need reprogrammed or something.

I don't think that is normal imo

has anyone else experienced light throttle drivability issues? it seems to happen in and around the 3->4 and 4->5 upshift and downshift.

i have experienced, bucking (on/off throttle) w. a constant pedal application, also when taking off from a slow roll up to a traffic light which turns from red to green w. light throttle the engine bogs and feels like its about to stall.

all of the time it happens w. light throttle applied (<10%)

w. heavy throttle input it drives just fine w. lots of power.

2022 w. 1800 miles
Yep. Exactly what happened to me when my Tremor was new. It would startle me sometimes rolling up to a red light. Went away on its own.

It does briefly come back after long road trips. For example, after driving on the interstate for 1,200 miles in 2 days I notice it shifts a little rough for a day during in town driving.

2020 6.7 here 40,000 km , deleted at 28,000

I find most of the time it shifts rough into 3rd from 2nd ( light throttle ) worse if the engine isn’t fully up to temp and the jump from 4th to 6th stutters and lags ) all other shifts are smooth

I have 1050 miles on my 6.7. it shifts smooth as butter unless I have the engine brake on then it downshifts very harshly in the lower gears like 3rd to 2nd to 1st.

I was just about to post again on this light throttle bucking issue, than realized I posted several years ago... still having issues.

maybe a TPS with a faulty sensor ?

by light throttle input, I mean like 5% maybe 3% in very slow traffic.. its very annoying

23,000 kms (14,000 miles)

Last edited:
I was just about to post again on this light throttle bucking issue, than realized I posted several years ago... still having issues.

maybe a TPS with a faulty sensor ?

by light throttle input, I mean like 5% maybe 3% in very slow traffic.. its very annoying

23,000 kms (14,000 miles)

In the two years since you first noticed it you haven't mentioned to the dealer? They didn’t give you their feedback?

It's the nature of the beast. These 6.7L motors/transmissions don't like a light throttle. Shift to Sport Mode (turning off the Advance Trac nanny features), see what happens. Maybe turn Exhaust Brake to Auto or On just to see how it drives.

In the two years since you first noticed it you haven't mentioned to the dealer? They didn’t give you their feedback?
i do everything i can to avoid the dealer here in Canada, it either gets worse and is replicateable each and every time or i just live with it.. i am work to much to trace issues with the dealer over several days/weeks.

It's the nature of the beast. These 6.7L motors/transmissions don't like a light throttle. Shift to Sport Mode (turning off the Advance Trac nanny features), see what happens. Maybe turn Exhaust Brake to Auto or On just to see how it drives.
this is very likely the case, truck designed to pull and work.. not cruise in traffic.

I am considering buying another small gasoline powered vehicle next year when my son gets his licence, issue resolved.

Back