2021 Order Submitted

You see I didn’t even know what smogging a vehicle meant. So I will learn. That’s why this forum is great for me. I’m sure I’m going to make people chuckle with my dumb ass answers at times. It’s alright. But can’t wait till Thanksgiving to really learn what it means to be a Proud Diesel Truck Owner.
smogging is a CA thing. Some other states have piggy backed.

Here's a history lesson. Goodyear tire company, GM, Standard Oil and some other players bribed ('lobbied') Sacramento to not building public transit infrastructure (subways or elevated trains) and instead put that money into freeway development so people would drive everywhere and buy more cars, tires and petroleum products. The corrupt democrats that run CA gladly obliged and sold the state's air quality away, fucking over its citizens. Predictably, it came back to bite everyone in the ass as you can see on a sunny day looking at the brown cloud of cancer hanging over the city as you sit in 5 hour traffic jams.

Did something change recently? I've only lived in CA for about 2 years but I could have sworn passenger cars got smogged every other year and same with non commercial diesels...I'll have to poke around the DMV site a bit. I know if you get over 11499 gvwr you're in a different reg tier, not commercial but it's a different reg, and maybe that pushes the smog frequency up?

I think this is what I was looking at before, maybe it's outdated: https://www.smogtips.com/diesel-smog-test.cfm#:~:text=Diesel Smog Check - Since 2010,similar to their gasoline counterparts.&text=There will be no tailpipe emissions inspection.

A smog is like $40 at test only places so if that's the only issue it's not nearly enough to stop me from getting the 6.7. I really can't wait to move back to real America and out of this commie cesspool though. All the sunshine in the world isn't worth the never ending money grab from Sacramento and all the liberal BS in this state.
This whole country is going down the shit hole. NY is a bit worse. They don’t convict anyone. They let all these jerk offs out and they shoot someone else and get arrested and get out on bond again and again. Insane. But you got it pretty bad also.

If you do up your truck bring it to CJC Off-road. I wrote the wrong name before. A Carli 2.5 Pintop suspension with a tort-ion sway bar and fabricated radius arms and a high mount stabilizer for the front. Then a full progressive spring pack with an air bag.

They have a video on Utube that says this is how Ford should have built the Tremor. Now I’ve never owned a HD Pickup so I’m only able to research it on Utube. But it says you can do a high speed off roading and also ride on the road with out the bouncing. Another video showed how the dude was going 70mph on a dirt road FLYING.
I’m all in with my dream truck so I’m going to make it as sweet as I can possibly get it. I’m not going to trade her in. I’ll keep her for a very long time. So check it out on Utube brother man. Let me know what you think.

This whole country is going down the shit hole. NY is a bit worse. They don’t convict anyone. They let all these jerk offs out and they shoot someone else and get arrested and get out on bond again and again. Insane. But you got it pretty bad also.

If you do up your truck bring it to CJC Off-road. I wrote the wrong name before. A Carli 2.5 Pintop suspension with a tort-ion sway bar and fabricated radius arms and a high mount stabilizer for the front. Then a full progressive spring pack with an air bag.

They have a video on Utube that says this is how Ford should have built the Tremor. Now I’ve never owned a HD Pickup so I’m only able to research it on Utube. But it says you can do a high speed off roading and also ride on the road with out the bouncing. Another video showed how the dude was going 70mph on a dirt road FLYING.
I’m all in with my dream truck so I’m going to make it as sweet as I can possibly get it. I’m not going to trade her in. I’ll keep her for a very long time. So check it out on Utube brother man. Let me know what you think.
no point in buying a tremor if you're putting a different lift/level kit and suspension on it. Better off just buying a regular SD and then putting all that stuff on. That's why most people who seriously build up their Jeeps just start with a sport rather than a rubicon since there's not a lot of point in paying for all the rubicon goodies (other than arguably the transfer case) if you're just ripping most of it out to put aftermarket stuff on it.

that Carli kit on the website is $3500...plus labor. The Tremor package is cheaper since no labor as it's already on the truck.....all that moeny for a kit that adds the same lift as the Tremor already has. Not money well spent IMO. you can add stabilizers and sway bars without adding all that other unnecessary shit for under a grand.

no point in buying a tremor if you're putting a different lift/level kit and suspension on it. Better off just buying a regular SD and then putting all that stuff on. That's why most people who seriously build up their Jeeps just start with a sport rather than a rubicon since there's not a lot of point in paying for all the rubicon goodies (other than arguably the transfer case) if you're just ripping most of it out to put aftermarket stuff on it.

that Carli kit on the website is $3500...plus labor. for a kid that adds the same lift as the Tremor already has. Not money well spent IMO. you can add stabilizers and sway bars without adding all that other unecessary shit.
It was $3900 extra for the Tremor package with Rock crawl modes. Plus 18” rims with 35” tires I can get rid of to a buddy with a F-250. Plus lower front fairing or whatever they call it.
did

Smogged of my dads 04 150 5.4 was I think it was $70. The obd2 equipment is $35k alone. EPA and ca air resource board is awful!

Smogged of my dads 04 150 5.4 was I think it was $70. The obd2 equipment is $35k alone. EPA and ca air resource board is awful!
I think I paid under 60 for my wife's car late last year....I had $45 in my head but I do think it was closer to 60 because they charge you extra for the fucking certificate to take to the DMV!....I hate this state so much. This state would be paradise if it was run by republicans but it's damn near intolerable with the communist party of gender confusion running the show.

With gas prices in this state, I think the gas mileage of that 7.3 would kill me. Seeing folks getting over 20mpg with the 6.7 is awesome. My rubicon gets like 16 avg mixed highway/city. Purely around town it's like 11. brutal.

I think I paid under 60 for my wife's car late last year....I had $45 in my head but I do think it was closer to 60 because they charge you extra for the fucking certificate to take to the DMV!....I hate this state so much. This state would be paradise if it was run by republicans but it's damn near intolerable with the communist party of gender confusion running the show.

With gas prices in this state, I think the gas mileage of that 7.3 would kill me. Seeing folks getting over 20mpg with the 6.7 is awesome. My rubicon gets like 16 avg mixed highway/city. Purely around town it's like 11. brutal.
I’m hoping for 15mpg out of 7.3. Might be wishful thinking. Haha.
If same price for fuel and 20mpg(6.7) - 12mpg(7.3) it would take about 100k miles to break even.

It was $3900 extra for the Tremor package with Rock crawl modes. The FX 4
It was $3900 extra for the Tremor package with Rock crawl modes. The FX4 package with heavy duty suspension was 600$. Plus I gave the 35” tires as second set if I go as planned and get me 37” Ridge Grapplers n some 20” Fuel Mavericks. On top of it a get that Tremor decal which is a statement in my mind. And in the video the guy from CJC said he’d buy the Tremor and fix it up the same way. So to me it’s the real choice to chose the Tremor.
I researched this for awhile. I ordered a 2020 Platinum F350 in April. Traded in my 2010 Dodge Charger and put 4K$ and got 5K$ off MSRP because COVID shut everything down. And was told that I had to wait for Truck Plants to open. Waited till July and got a call saying a couple of more weeks till they start my build. I said I don’t want it anymore, I want a 2021. Salesman and sales manager weren’t thrilled but I said keep my deposit but give me another great deal when I can order a new 2021. Then I began researching more and more. I watched so many Utube videos for 2 months everyday. My wife was sick of it. Then was able to test ride a Tremor and thought it was so much better than the Platinum FX4. I have a bunch of sick ass Harley-Davidson’s. So now I’m done working hard labor as a NYC Construction worker and want to see this beautiful country and get a RV and bring my bike to Sturgis SD and check Arizona and Texas and Nevada and everywhere else. I worked hard my whole life and now want to enjoy the rest of my years before getting old. I’m 52 and with this world going down in flames I want to have a really nice dream truck and live life to the fullest with my old lady. And yes with a Tremor 5th wheeling a RV with my Limited CVO. Can you feel my friend.

Dude I appreciate your wisdom you shared with me. Thanks Bro

The F350 weighed I think close to 11,000lbs. It was a VERY HEAVY ride. It spun the tires even with the weight. But my wife and I both said it felt like a tank. F-250 felt like I could ride this as an everyday vehicle. Felt beefy as it was a Tremor. Now the F-250 I test road did have the 7.3L gas engine which is a lot lighter. I believe it was 7200lbs lbs. but with a diesel it’s going to closer to 8,000 lbs I think. I’d love to know to be sure the weight if anyone knows. I also saw something on line that said if you drive a F350 and are towing 24,000 lbs in certain states you need a CDL but if you tow the same amount in a F-250 you don’t. But F-250 is 21,000lbs from 5th wheel and 15,000lbs from the hitch it states. I also saw that you can haul more than what it states with a F-250. But I never towed anything. My first pick up. And me being a suburban Dude my whole life, that Reverse Back up assist is perfect for my Green Ass.
but I’ll learn. Also my friends old lady is my insurance agent and said the difference from a F-250 to a F350 was a lot as it pertains to a commercial vehicle in my state. Now the ins played no role in my decision. It was what the ride felt like for me.
And I just looked up the weight for a F-250 and F350. Same weight. Strange I really thought it was different. It surely felt different driving. Strange

Good off road review of the 2 motors.
I got the 7.3 and could not be happier. Sold my GMC with a duramax and will never look back. The new deisel is more complex and def fluid is a joke. Not to mention, I have driven both and the 600lbs of less engine weight is really noticeable in the way the truck handles.

I’m hoping for 15mpg out of 7.3. Might be wishful thinking. Haha.
If same price for fuel and 20mpg(6.7) - 12mpg(7.3) it would take about 100k miles to break even.
I have the 7.3 and I love it. 15 mpg is about right, but who buys a SD truck with mileage in mind. And can you make up the extra $ 8,500 in fuel savings buying the diesel?

My last truck was a GMC duramax, but I had a 32ft toy hauler. I'm done towing big heavy stuff and the 7.3 is so much fun to drive. Plus it sounds really good, has that muscle car kinda feel and sound!!

Good luck in your negotiations, many dealers are adding "market adjustments" to sell these trucks well over MSRP.

I went with diesel for several reasons. I will primarily use this truck for towing as well as the fact that they hold their value a little better than a gas model. Either way, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
I’d tell a dealer making “market adjustments” to pound sand and find one that will sell at or below dealer invoice. They are out there. I ordered my Tremor July 20 at $1,000 below dealer invoice which is of course several thousand below MSRP.

I’d tell a dealer making “market adjustments” to pound sand and find one that will sell at or below dealer invoice. They are out there. I ordered my Tremor July 20 at $1,000 below dealer invoice which is of course several thousand below MSRP.
this...car industry took a beating with covid. dealers playing games like this can eat shit. if anything I'd expect most dealers would be willing to deal and make up their losses on volume rather than nickel and dime a serious customer. I have no problem walking out of dealerships or even going out of state if necessary.

also wouldn't be surprised to see more dealers stocking tremors in 2021 given how popular they are.

I'm taking my build, when ready, to at least 5-7 area dealers and telling each one that the best price and least BS gets it. I don't sit in dealerships for 5 hours negotiating...you do that and you've already lost. I won't spend more than a half hour in a dealership when buying a vehicle. If I can't get your best price in 30 mins I walk, and I tell them that right upfront. Their waiting game is a psy-op designed to wear you down.

this...car industry took a beating with covid. dealers playing games like this can eat shit. if anything I'd expect most dealers would be willing to deal and make up their losses on volume rather than nickel and dime a serious customer. I have no problem walking out of dealerships or even going out of state if necessary.

also wouldn't be surprised to see more dealers stocking tremors in 2021 given how popular they are.

I'm taking my build, when ready, to at least 5-7 area dealers and telling each one that the best price and least BS gets it. I don't sit in dealerships for 5 hours negotiating...you do that and you've already lost. I won't spend more than a half hour in a dealership when buying a vehicle. If I can't get your best price in 30 mins I walk, and I tell them that right upfront. Their waiting game is a psy-op designed to wear you down.
I couldn't agree more. That's why I deal with my fleet guy. I don't even have to go it to the dealership.

Alternatively, there are plenty of people whos "wants" get in the way of logic. They want that badass truck and their financing gets approved at $8k over MSRP. The dealer wins the hand.

I couldn't agree more. That's why I deal with my fleet guy. I don't even have to go it to the dealership.

Alternatively, there are plenty of people whos "wants" get in the way of logic. They want that badass truck and their financing gets approved at $8k over MSRP. The dealer wins the hand.
I will not talk finances until a price is agreed upon. Dealers dont like it but it's my way or the highway. I just tell the sales guy exactly what i want and when he starts trying to negotiate payments i just tell him im not worried about payments lets stick to the cost of the vehicle. If he asks how im paying i just say i will have that conversation in finance once we agree on price. If they ask to run my credit to save time i refuse and again say that can be done in finance as it takes 2 minutes.

I dont even let them know if i have a trade or not until we agree on the price because that gives them too much room to move money around.

When you do it this way it broadcasts loud and clear, yet politely, that youre not some dumb jerkoff they can screw and sets the tone for more honest and fair negotiations and they never get the chance to see youre approved for 8k over msrp until after a deal is locked in.

Every time ive done this ive had some pushback but usually not more than a few last attempts for them to try to regain control. And then i just say look im dead serious about buying this vehicle today, but if youre not willing to work with me this way i will go somewhere else so up to you...sell a car today or try to keep negotiating payments with the back of my head as you watch me walk away, and if i leave i do not come back.

I always take 10% off msrp as my starting point and make them counter. Ive always done pretty well with this strategy. I also refuse amy fees boyond tax title license and the destination fee on the window sticker. Any and all other fees are bullshit.

I got a F-250 Platinum Tremor Power Stroke in Silver for 3,290$ below MSRP. I got every option but the safe and the wench. I’ve heard 2 other people say they got it for 1000$ below dealer cost. I’m ok with it. I didn’t finance it either so I should have done better. So MSRP was $89,940 but got it for $86,649.
I built a 2020 F350 Platinum early April when they were only doing it on the phone. And NY was the worst place hit with COVID. I traded a 2010 Charger and put 4K$ down for that F350 Platinum. I waited till mid July and got a call saying in a week or 2 they’d start the build. I said Fuck that, I want out and want to build a 2021. The dealership said that I couldn’t but my Uncle is a big wig with the FBI I said that I’m NOT going to be taking advantage of. I’ll leave you my deposit, and I will order a 2021 with a good deal. So that was a 9200$ deposit.
They of course said 3K$ is the best they can do on my 2021 build and I got them to come down another 290$. So my hands were tied that I had to deal with them. But it’s ok. So all you out there that can snag it for much cheaper good for you.
My salesman wound up being somewhat of a friend. So if he’s the one making a few extra dollars on me it’s going towards his wedding.
I love this forum. It’s absolutely educational for my GREEN ASS. So thank you Dudes for all your WISDOM.

I got a F-250 Platinum Tremor Power Stroke in Silver for 3,290$ below MSRP. I got every option but the safe and the wench. I’ve heard 2 other people say they got it for 1000$ below dealer cost. I’m ok with it. I didn’t finance it either so I should have done better. So MSRP was $89,940 but got it for $86,649.
I built a 2020 F350 Platinum early April when they were only doing it on the phone. And NY was the worst place hit with COVID. I traded a 2010 Charger and put 4K$ down for that F350 Platinum. I waited till mid July and got a call saying in a week or 2 they’d start the build. I said Fuck that, I want out and want to build a 2021. The dealership said that I couldn’t but my Uncle is a big wig with the FBI I said that I’m NOT going to be taking advantage of. I’ll leave you my deposit, and I will order a 2021 with a good deal. So that was a 9200$ deposit.
They of course said 3K$ is the best they can do on my 2021 build and I got them to come down another 290$. So my hands were tied that I had to deal with them. But it’s ok. So all you out there that can snag it for much cheaper good for you.
My salesman wound up being somewhat of a friend. So if he’s the one making a few extra dollars on me it’s going towards his wedding.
I love this forum. It’s absolutely educational for my GREEN ASS. So thank you Dudes for all your WISDOM.
1598479044997.jpeg

View attachment 4146
[/
I even ordered custom placed trailer camera installed, so when I get an RV it’s paid for ad just bring my trailer in. 5th Wheel kit with Prep. And I wanted the deployable running boards. It wasn’t a charge but on the Platinum you must order it that way. Also a new feature of a bed step. I thought it was the one that comes with the bed door but it’s not. That one comes automatically with the Platinum. So bed step is a new feature and I don’t know if it’s worth it. I wanted that fucking wench but in NY you need a front license plate and I just didn’t go for it. So I hope this helps someone out.

Back