1st 1,000 miles complete tonight - MPG

rhines81

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-250 XLT Tremor 7.3L - Rapid Red
I did a few checks on my MPG during the 1st few tanks of fuel and I was coming up with about 8-10 mpg (100% non-interstate miles), meanwhile the computer was stating between 12-13 mpg. I did not document anything officially because it's a break-in period. Going forward, I will do the hand-calculations for the next 4-5 tanks and figure out the actual average mpg and compare that with the computer mpg. This will probably take me another month or so to do and I will provide an update to this post when I get my results. There will also be interstate miles added from here on out too. I ran across this video on YouTube on how to 'calibrate' the computer mpg vs the real-world mpg... I did a quick search on this forum and didn't see it posted anywhere, so here is the link:

I did a few checks on my MPG during the 1st few tanks of fuel and I was coming up with about 8-10 mpg (100% non-interstate miles), meanwhile the computer was stating between 12-13 mpg. I did not document anything officially because it's a break-in period. Going forward, I will do the hand-calculations for the next 4-5 tanks and figure out the actual average mpg and compare that with the computer mpg. This will probably take me another month or so to do and I will provide an update to this post when I get my results. There will also be interstate miles added from here on out too. I ran across this video on YouTube on how to 'calibrate' the computer mpg vs the real-world mpg... I did a quick search on this forum and didn't see it posted anywhere, so here is the link:
I think I ran across that video a few weeks ago before my truck arrived. Glad you shared here as I had forgotten about it and I'll be making corrections as well. ?

I was scratching my head about those numbers he came up with until it dawned on me that he was talking about the real world mpg to the lie-o-meter RATIO!

Thanks for posting!

932 miles so I took it to the dealer today for oil and differential fluid break-in change

12.2 mpg total
10.9 around town

Hoping it gets some better. I’m planning a trip through the Ike gauntlet with 6500# of TT and I’ll report back.

I was going to run the numbers as I just crossed 1,000 miles....but I tried sport mode last night so I will wait for the next tank!!!

You will keep getting better as probably after 4-5,000 miles. I am afraid to see my mileage on my 7.3. just flipped 205 miles on it. I just love the V-8 gas sound of it.

My truck sucked at 1st 8-9mpg took about 1.5k for my mileage to come up. Each fill up is 29-30 gallons putting a pen to it has been
14.8-15.6mpg
45 freeway
45 highway
10 city
20210421_191942.jpg
20210421_192022.jpg
20210421_143438.jpg

I live 7 minutes from work. With 1300 miles (90% city) literally going stop light to stop light, I'm at about 10.5. It seems to be getting better with each fill up but I just installed the pedal monster so I may get set back at the next fill up. I did notice the very few times I had it at freeway speeds that 14-15 seem very doable. I echo @LT75 and @PapaRaptor , I enjoy it too much to care about a few MPGs.

700 miles here. I live in the mountains so up and down hills. About 60% freeway and 40% city (just a WAG) and steady 12 mpg on normal mode and conservative driving. 70-75 mph average on freeway.

Passed 1000 yesterday. Admittedly mostly highway miles but pretty chuffed with 18.8 overall! I also admit that I'm in danger of having my Man card revoked for keeping the cruise set to 65 most of the time and using Eco mode. Going on a 2 week trip with the 9000 pound TT Sunday so that will be interesting.

I'm at about 10 weeks of ownership and at 5700 (had about 3000 miles of sled trips in there). I've gone up about 0.5-1.0 MPG from new, overall.

Back