WANTED WTB: Tremor wheel for spare tire

Ok - I will bite. Why? Are you rotating them into the mix?

@Vermonster for me it is for two reasons:
1) Having an equivalent spare
2) Adding an additional tire into the rotation to extend tire life overall. This also always keeps me with a known good spare over the life of the truck when I do have to replace tires

I am looking for a set locally and will be happy to divide and ship if I find one at a fair price.

Factory steel wheel spare is a 17” wheel with a 17/ /245 Michelin street tire on it.

Here are pics of factory spare next to stock wheel and tire (Duratrac)
My truck definitely came with a matching DuraTrac for a spare. Havent pulled it down yet, but have seen it while rolling around under the truck during my pre-delivery inspection. Was explicitly on my list of things to check for.

So I’m very intrigued by your situation.

Ok - I will bite. Why? Are you rotating them into the mix?
Yep I plan on rotating it into the mix.

It’s something that’s irked me in the past, having a 5th tire but not using it. Will help with ensuring the spare is inflated, in good condition, and the same size should I need to use it once the tires are further along in life.

Problem with rotating in the spare is a 5th TPMS sensor that is likely to interact with the rear TPMS signal receivers, right?

I replaced my 18" spare with a 20" wheel and tire so I don't have a big a difference in circumference if I had to run it a few hours if on a trip - the differentials do not like wheels spinning at different rates at high speed or long distances

I’d be willing to work out a shipping situation with y’all.

Awesome! Will start a private chat with you and the first 3 other folks who expressed interest to figure things out (@Modman, @SKEME_SOLO, @Spill010).

Anyone else who expressed interest, I'll loop you in if any of the other folks bail out for any reason.

Additionally, other sellers feel free to use this thread to sell your wheels to other folks on the thread who expressed interest in buying singles. :)

Awesome! Will start a private chat with you and the first 3 other folks who expressed interest to figure things out (@Modman, @SKEME_SOLO, @Spill010).

Anyone else who expressed interest, I'll loop you in if any of the other folks bail out for any reason.

Additionally, other sellers feel free to use this thread to sell your wheels to other folks on the thread who expressed interest in buying singles. :)
@Modman is out - wants a wheel and tire combo, not just the bare wheel.

@NickinColorado you're up next! Looping you in.

I'm very confused about folks not having a matching spare tire from the factory (on a steel wheel). Just crawled under my truck to triple-check and I got a matching spare from the factory.

9B66790A-B951-4CDE-B247-EAF5E26A3889.jpeg

B74C7DCD-B54E-4CA9-9F91-EC89FCBF2009.jpeg

39DC3B31-3025-4B8F-9254-0D997DAC4EE1.jpeg

Factory steel wheel spare is a 17” wheel with a 17/ /245 Michelin street tire on it.

Here are pics of factory spare next to stock wheel and tire (Duratrac)
Hmmm I have 2 complete sets one off a 2020 tremor and the set on my 2021 tremor both have duratracs on the steel spare . Did they make a change to the 17 inch spare ?

Isnt it bad to run a smaller spare on one wheel? Secondly you can buy single tremor wheels new online.

To all looking for spares. I actually will have 4 as soon as my 2022 comes in. I have a 2020 currently and bought 4 extra rims with tires just to get one spare. I’ll end up having 3 extras to those that want a factory wheel for a spare. I’m in the Sarasota Florida area but could ship if needed.

Someone pulled a fast one on him. It definitely should have a matching duratrac for the spare

And using a spare with an outside diameter that much smaller could be catastrophic. Especially if he’s in 4wd

Attachments

• 9164ABE8-AD29-487D-BD81-EBECB021FDD0.jpeg
    9164ABE8-AD29-487D-BD81-EBECB021FDD0.jpeg
    311.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Isnt it bad to run a smaller spare on one wheel? Secondly you can buy single tremor wheels new online.
You can buy OEM singles online? For how much?

I know you can buy them from the dealer, but it’s $1200 for a single wheel (asked the parts department the other day).

I have seen refinished ones for $350ish but not close to that brand new... Always open to learn though!

The wheels that were on my 2017 F250 were exactly like our tremor wheels except chrome. I Wonder how much it’d cost to have one painted

Attachments

• 302A46A0-28AE-4990-B811-F968B368AAB0.jpeg
    302A46A0-28AE-4990-B811-F968B368AAB0.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 23

I’ll be in Austin at the end of the month so you don’t have to worry about shipping.

My spare is the same as the rest. I have it in my bed because of my train horns. Now with the extra rim I'll just swap tire then find something to attach the rim to truck bed.
20211017_123231.jpg
20211017_123217.jpg
20211017_123213.jpg

Back