Who's getting a Bronco?

Are you going to buy a 2021 Bronco?

• Total voters
0 interest in quality

I can tell you haven’t looked at a Super Duty up close and personal. Or maybe any other Ford.

There hasn’t been an interest in quality for decades, and it’s shown in every product they’ve ever made, but for the GT.

Quality isn’t Ford’s thing outside of advertising.

I can tell you haven’t looked at a Super Duty up close and personal. Or maybe any other Ford.

There hasn’t been an interest in quality for decades, and it’s shown in every product they’ve ever made, but for the GT.

They started the "quality is job 1" back when the Taurus came out. That 3.0 vulcan engine was bulletproof. If only it was like that again. Those were the days

They started the "quality is job 1" back when the Taurus came out. That 3.0 vulcan engine was bulletproof. If only it was like that again. Those were the days

A bulletproof engine wrapped in a turd wouldn’t be the example I’d cite, but perhaps it was Ford’s best attempt.

To be fair, Ford isn’t alone in their culture of building junk. The Big Three are all guilty.

A bulletproof engine wrapped in a turd wouldn’t be the example I’d cite, but perhaps it was Ford’s best attempt.

To be fair, Ford isn’t alone in their culture of building junk. The Big Three are all guilty

Yeah. I guess id rather have a blue oval turd than someone else's lol

Interesting that you say that. I have owned many Ford trucks and cars for more than two decades. (F150s, F250s, Raptors, GT350, Edge, and now a Tremor) In all that time, I have never had to take one of them in for "quality" problems or warranty issues. In fact, most of them were never taken to a dealership, other than for oil changes and inspections.

My wife has owned Cadillac SUVs and cars for the last 10+ years, and I cannot count how many times her vehicles have been in for service related items. Some of them were repeated service on the same issue until they finally got it right. They used to offer free loaners and free oil changes for the first 4-years and 50K miles, but even that has gone away. For her next car, she is shopping for an Explorer ST.

Maybe I have been lucky, but I did not even consider the other two American car companies when shopping for my tow vehicle.

Interesting that you say that. I have owned many Ford trucks and cars for more than two decades. (F150s, F250s, Raptors, GT350, Edge, and now a Tremor) In all that time, I have never had to take one of them in for "quality" problems or warranty issues. In fact, most of them were never taken to a dealership, other than for oil changes and inspections.

My wife has owned Cadillac SUVs and cars for the last 10+ years, and I cannot count how many times her vehicles have been in for service related items. Some of them were repeated service on the same issue until they finally got it right. They used to offer free loaners and free oil changes for the first 4-years and 50K miles, but even that has gone away. For her next car, she is shopping for an Explorer ST.

Maybe I have been lucky, but I did not even consider the other two American car companies when shopping for my tow vehicle.

I'm not looking at quality in terms of the vehicle functioning. I've had both a 2020 and 2021 Super Duties, one a King Ranch, and one a Platinum. Both have quality issues. They were both painted with more defects than I care to count, both of them had misaligned doors and sunroofs, both of them were shipped with ill-fitting parts.

These are attention-to-detail things that shouldn't slip past, but they did and they do. Ford's factory employees have all the tools to do it right, so it's not the arrows in the quiver; it's the Indians shooting them who consistently miss the mark.

Truth be told, I'm a Porsche guy. I've had seven 911s, and will probably have at least seven more. When I think of quality, I think of Porsche. Perhaps Audi to a lesser extent. They'd fire people for shipping the junk that Ford thinks is deliverable.

I'm not looking at quality in terms of the vehicle functioning. I've had both a 2020 and 2021 Super Duties, one a King Ranch, and one a Platinum. Both have quality issues. They were both painted with more defects than I care to count, both of them had misaligned doors and sunroofs, both of them were shipped with ill-fitting parts.

These are attention-to-detail things that shouldn't slip past, but they did and they do. Ford's factory employees have all the tools to do it right, so it's not the arrows in the quiver; it's the Indians shooting them who consistently miss the mark.

Truth be told, I'm a Porsche guy. I've had seven 911s, and will probably have at least seven more. When I think of quality, I think of Porsche. Perhaps Audi to a lesser extent. They'd fire people for shipping the junk that Ford thinks is deliverable.
My Tremor has great fitting doors, I skipped the moonroof because I am in Texas, and the paint looks very good. As I said, I might have been lucky over the years with my Ford trucks.

I owned an Audi TT that had more quality problems than any of my Fords. It was in the shop for handsfree microphone and dashboard electrical issues several times in the two+ years I owned it. They never really got to the bottom of the problems, so I sold it and bought my first Viper, which was a hoot to drive, but cost me a ton of money to keep running. We looked at the Porsche Cayenne and Macan SUVs for my wife, but she did not like to drive either of them.

I guess we will see how the ST works out, as I am not convinced she will like it, but it will be better than her previous Cadillac SUVs.

My Tremor has great fitting doors, I skipped the moonroof because I am in Texas, and the paint looks very good. As I said, I might have been lucky over the years with my Ford trucks.

I owned an Audi TT that had more quality problems than any of my Fords. It was in the shop for handsfree microphone and dashboard electrical issues several times in the two+ years I owned it. They never really got to the bottom of the problems, so I sold it and bought my first Viper, which was a hoot to drive, but cost me a ton of money to keep running. We looked at the Porsche Cayenne and Macan SUVs for my wife, but she did not like to drive either of them.

I guess we will see how the ST works out, as I am not convinced she will like it, but it will be better than her previous Cadillac SUVs.
Had a new Audi start falling apart on a test drive.

Had a boss that drove Audi’s got so fed up with them he bought a Jeep, no shit a fucking Jeep.

I’m a Ford guy BUT will leave the wheeling to jeep. Owned several Jeep’s for wheeling and fords for pulling or hauling… just can’t do it!

Attachments

• D29CE433-59EB-4EEA-937C-48473A4C84B3.jpeg
    D29CE433-59EB-4EEA-937C-48473A4C84B3.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 5CA11049-2119-4EA0-9732-3EF5841D59C8.jpeg
    5CA11049-2119-4EA0-9732-3EF5841D59C8.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 23
Built in April, 2dr Black Diamond. Just waiting on the new roof. I've started to see them around me now so hopefully soon!

December 6th, the last build date of the year apparently.
Keeping my fingers crossed. Hoping it gets built at all, or changes to an earlier date
When was your reservation?
My reservation was 7/14 am.

If mine went to a 22 build I’d get the Green 7sp man Sasquatch Badlands. However I’d rather have the Antimatter Blue. Haha. Easier to put 35x12.5 MT on the Bronco than repaint

Back