What window cleaner do you use?

I’ve used Sprayway since 1994. Always do it in the shade, spray on and let it sit for about 30 seconds to a minute. Then use terry cloth or microfiber towel to wipe/scrub and then buff with a second rag.

Years ago I read a tip to use newspaper for streak-free window cleaning. Been using windex and newspapers ever since.
I never believed that until I tried it...

As stated in the title, also what is your process? I can't seem to find a window cleaner that actually gets the windows clean. I have tried Napa, Invsible glass, ArmorAll, RainX and currently using Sprayway. I can't seem to find one that doesn't leave some kind of streaks. Not dirty looking streaks but leaves a greasy kind if streak that you can see when the sun shines on it and it glistens. Years ago I used to use Next Dimension window cleaner but I can't seem to find it any more.

For the process part, Next Dimension said to clean with a clean cloth the follow with another clean cloth to "buff" the glass. That process seemed to work really well with their product so it is the process I have used since. The windshield and rear window get cleaned twice before they get "buffed" because they are always the dirtiest. I have tried many different cloths and have found that 100% cotton cloth diapers seem to work the best for me. I have never had any luck with microfiber. These cloths are washed separate from any other laundry and not washed with fabric softener. These cloths are also only used for cleaning windows.

Any insight into what you guys use and how you do it would be greatly appreciated!
I just used chemical guys water spot remover gel, apply on and spray with chemical guys streak free window cleaner came out clean as can be. For added protection i sprayed on hydro view ceramic glass coating. You can find all the videos on youtube. Windows came out awesome. Its alittle work but no water spots or anything .

Best inside windshield cleaner I've found cost me $169. I've had to clean my windshield once in 4 years since I've had it.

Air-Blue 80 window tint;)

Sprayway...

And I use the clean then buff method.

Spray it on, scrub/wipe it off, then use a second dry towel to buff off any residue. I believe every cleaner leaves some kind of residue that needs to be buffed off.
I didn't realize that was a method I'm pretty sure that's the only way to do it. How else would one do it?

Try Adam’s window cleaner. Makes my windows look new.

Water is (well almost) free! 🤣🤣

I am a long time window cleaning fighter and happy to see this topic!
I always very concerned about the cleanness of my windows, (still I am, haha) and what I noticed after moving to the USA from Europe that somehow the vehicle windows has some film inside, for whatever reason! It's maybe the different air we have here? I have no idea why - and I still have a vehicle in Europe and whenever I go there, there is no any problem cleaning it. (I was trying everything...)
So, back to the original question, I met someone two years ago who said he is never using any dashboard cleaning stuff other than water, for the reason that when the car is sitting on on the sun, that material that was rubbed into the dashboard starts decomposing and it makes the film on the windshield.
I tried what he said and it worked for me. Since then I only clean my dashboard and every other plastic / leather parts of my interior with water only and my windows are much cleaner (I'm smoking in them, so nicotine is there...) and are easier to clean.
I am using rubbing alcohol for the windshield inside, I got that trick from my tint guy.
PS - that "new car" smell is carcinogen, somewhere I've read that even a 20 years old car should be driven with all windows down only, because even after 20 years all the plastic and other materials from inside the vehicle are highly carcinogen. I am leaving my windows down every single night for an inch or two (depend where I park it).

Spray a way or windex with vinegar for when the kids get the inside of the windows really greasy.

For the exterior windows, 0000 steel wool rinse off and dry then follow-up with some rainX or similar hydrophobic solution. Inside, typically not much other than a microfiber cloth, typically refrain from touching them, the dogs in the bag or the kid side I use something simple that wont mess up the tint.
Steel wool cannot get wet, if it gets wet it will rust, rust will scratch your windows. 0000 steel wool will not damage true glass, it will eat paint and some mirrors (like some side mirrors) that are coated mirror finished plastic. 000 wool will fk your shit up ONLY 0000 (4)

Use distilled water and 5-7 drops of dawn in a spray bottle. Use a fine scrubber or a razor blade, hand silicone squeegee to dry.

Back