What the Hell was that noise?

Sano

Tremor Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2024
Messages
24
Reaction Points
37
Location
So Cal
Military
USAF Vet
Current Ride #1
2026 F-250 TREMOR
Current Ride #2
2017 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I recently decided to upgrade from a Base 2021 XLT to a new 2026 Lariat with more bells and whistles. I just returned from a 1000 mile road trip and was parked in the garage getting my bag out of the back seat when I hear something that sounded like an electric drill struggling to bore a hole. It sounded like it was coming from the rear end and lasted 2 to 3 seconds. It was pretty loud and startled me when I heard it. Doing a search for weird noises on this site yields nothing helpful. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?
 
Sounds like the electric parking brake, it should show brake on the dash. When you start it and move the truck there’s a little resistance till in kick off.
 
I have autohold forscanned in my HO and that kinda sounds like the release of the e brake when I hit the accelerator.
 
Should come automatically on if you zoom on the reverse screen.
Looks like you guys nailed it. I remember toying with the bed camera on the way up the pass on the way home to see what was going on behind me just for kicks. Apparently doing that arms the e-brake so when you park and throw it in P it engages. Although when I heard it, it was delayed by about a minute. That is definitely the sound I heard. As always, this site rocks.. Thanks for the assist.
 
I don’t know about the camera part, but when I back up close enough to something to cause the proximity beep to go to a solid tone, it will apply the e brake automagically.
 
It will auto engage if you park on an incline as well, I believe it is anything over 2 degrees.
 
I don’t know about the camera part, but when I back up close enough to something to cause the proximity beep to go to a solid tone, it will apply the e brake automagically.
That was the first thing I disabled when I bought my truck. Can’t stand the reverse auto e-brake.
 
That was the first thing I disabled when I bought my truck. Can’t stand the reverse auto e-brake.
I actually don’t mind it too much. It’s convenient, to me, when hooking up trailers. It’s auto release. Tap the gas and go.
 
Back
Top Bottom