What did you do to your Tremor today?

Is Dana mostly silicone or plastic, does she have a good support structure to hold my rear end in place?
Mostly plastic. Yes, she's got your back no matter what.

I didn’t look for a gasket for the oil pan and just used Motorcraft TA-31 since that’s what Arod recommends. The trans pan uses the oem gasket the plastic oem pan uses.
I went ahead and purchased a new Ford trans pan gasket just as a precaution, didn't want to chance any weakness that the used one could have developed.

Nothing exciting ... I superglued the number pad on to the door. I noticed the top retaining clip had broken and the pad wasn't being help in place firmly. A little dab of glue on top and it's all fixed up.

Ceramic coating done. Turned out awesome.
IMG_8233.jpeg
IMG_8231.jpeg
IMG_8230.jpeg

I went ahead and purchased a new Ford trans pan gasket just as a precaution, didn't want to chance any weakness that the used one could have developed.
Yeah I wouldn’t risk using the old one since you need $200 in fluid to drop the pan and replace it when you already have an opportunity to replace it.

I would do the filter too while you have the pan off. Better changed too early than late.

Do you have 20 quarts of Mercon ULV already?

Interested to hear your thoughts once you get those installed.

For context, my truck starts squatting around 1700lbs. This is fine for my truck camper and anything I can put in it, but not so fine hauling my gooseneck.

I installed the kit as is. No cradles or anything.

I'm running Fox 2.5s in the rear (haven't had time for the fronts).

My gooseneck has its own really good suspension with the wheels at the back like a semi truck and was previously undetectable in the truck even driving 85mph. But the trucks suspension was nearly bottomed out (if any dot officers are reading this, I've scaled it and I'm legal).

I just put 1000 miles on the airbags unloaded aside from from camping gear in totes. On cracked but not awful roads with 5psi in the bags the air bags are undetectable, my wife couldn't notice them either. On bad sections of highway with big ridges or pot holes (like edges of bridges) the hit was more noticable.

I'm kind of willing to overlook how it rides on those 5% of roads of it's limited to when the truck is unloaded. Simply since I just don't expect to drive unloaded that often.

I just dropped my gooseneck on today and drove about 20 miles on country highway and 4 lane. I want to find a level spot to play with psi (my trailer has airride suspension too) and hitch height to get everything leveled out before I start forming an opinion.

I don't like how the overloads don't even touch at full compression of the airbags. So I will likely modify that slightly so they engage sooner. That way I can run a low psi in the bags too.

Other weird thing I wasn't expecting is that increasing psi in the rear also raises the front. So it's not as simple as I had thought to simply raise the rear.

Got this preview today from BW leather as he's working on my console lid now. It'll be what he calls 2 tone so the background will be black. I think it's coming out pretty nice. Can't wait to see it all finished.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240417_202608_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240417_202608_Instagram.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 84
Got this preview today from BW leather as he's working on my console lid now. It'll be what he calls 2 tone so the background will be black. I think it's coming out pretty nice. Can't wait to see it all finished.
Bad ass! Maybe you will catch him when he is live finishing it.

Good looking truck , better ride overal ? No more rockin and rollin quite as much ?

Designed and received my prototype for a tailgate guard. Needs some refining and maybe some enhancements but looks like its going to work. 1/8" 5052 Aluminum. I'll have it powdercoated matte black once I finalize the design
Uses a carriage bolt and the existing top hole on that post. Pretty easy to access backside with tail light removed.

IMG_9295 - Copy.JPG
IMG_9296 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Designed and received my prototype for a tailgate guard. Needs some refining and maybe some enhancements but looks like its going to work. 1/8" 5052 Aluminum. I'll have it powdercoated matte black once I finalize the design
Uses a carriage bolt and the existing top hole on that post. Pretty easy to access backside with tail light removed.

View attachment 153060View attachment 153061
Is this for security purposes? If so you may want to start a thread in this forum:

Bad ass! Maybe you will catch him when he is live finishing it.
Caught him working on it last night on his live it's coming out awesome. He really puts alot of time into these lids you can see why he charges what he does.

Replaced the polyethylene air hose from my under-hood ARB compressor to my air tank with braided stainless steel hose. Well, all but about 6 inches of it. Had been through nylon, polyethylene, heat shielded polyethylene, and now finally stainless. Each of the previous would work for a few months, but enough heat cycles and it would eventually blow out somewhere. Stainless is rated to about 500 degrees farenheit and 850 psi, so I hope this is a forever fix.

Last edited:
Since I removed the decals last week and didn't want to identify as a Tremor anymore, I've decided to transform back because, you know, you're allowed to do that nowadays.

Out with the old decal, in with the new. Ties in nicely with the wrap.

Purchased on Etsy by Four19Designs. Brian was very helpful. Highly recommend 👍

View attachment 151023
View attachment 151025
View attachment 151026
View attachment 151028
Ordered exactly that myself. How’d you get the old decal off?

Back