What did you do to your Tremor today?

Since they are arriving at dealerships, someone will be bringing one home soon. Tell us about your modifications, upgrades, repairs and customizations!

Ed
I am looking for a brush guard like a ranch hand that won't mess with the adaptive cruise or the front camera. Any recommends?

I have been talking with Road Armor about their stealth bumpers front and rear, and they indicate that at least for the front, there is a redesign needed. The redesign is not for the frame, which they say is the same, but for the body-work, so I assume the camera and adaptive cruise could be parts of the issue. Unsure about Ranch Hand or others.

Ed

First modification in the works. I ordered a BakFlip MX4 cover that will be here Friday. Next, if I can figure out where to mount it, is a Viair 485C onboard air system.

Has anyone had any experience with this? https://www.builtrightind.com/products/builtright-industries-mbrs-fseries-kit-superduty

Ed
I have built right products for my Raptor and have just the rear racks to hold my rotopax cans and fire extinguisher. I tried some other brackets that broke after 6 months. So far these work great. I also have the rear seat release and two velcro tech panels, all first quality.

On the air system, I know a lot of guys have been frame mounting them on the passenger side. My concern with that location is the amount of mud and road salt that could accumulate up in there. With the Raptor, there’s no room under the hood for onboard air, I have been using the ARB portable kit for air down/refill. I am hoping there’s enough room under the 7.3 hood to place a compressor and then find a spot under the bed for the tank away from the tires.

BakFlip came in and I installed it at lunch. Easy install, looks great!

Thanks Uncas! I ordered the bed panels and will give them a try.

For me on the air, there is no room under the hood on the 6.7 for anything else, and I'm not sure I like them outboard of the frame. There is quite a bit of room behind the transfer case inside the frame rails however. It wouldn't be directly in line of the tires for mud and stones if it will all fit. I need to do a bunch of measuring. I will also wait on the Built Right panels. The compressor setup might fit nicely on one of those. I'll keep everyone posted.

Ed

For me on the air, there is no room under the hood on the 6.7 for anything else, and I'm not sure I like them outboard of the frame. There is quite a bit of room behind the transfer case inside the frame rails however. It wouldn't be directly in line of the tires for mud and stones if it will all fit. I need to do a bunch of measuring. I will also wait on the Built Right panels. The compressor setup might fit nicely on one of those. I'll keep everyone posted.

Ed
Someone beat us to it.
1578022582353.jpeg

I was afraid the underhood space was tight on the Diesel, my 08 F350 was shoehorned in there. I want to do a tank also, even if it’s only a gallon or two for Hellwig bags. The ARB dual compressor in the photo is pricey but it’s fast, can run continuously and will still fill a tire if one compressor fails. This setup won’t work for me since I want a truck camper. I will probably keep the portable one I have for my wife’s 4Runner since I will have to unload my Raptor for the Tremor. If the 7.3L has the room under the hood, I would mount a ARB compressor there and put a Viair tank outboard of the frame with something like this.
1578024166830.jpeg

I laid under the truck for a while, and behind the T-case there is plenty of room for compressors, but there is no way a 2.5 gallon tank would fit there, even by itself (length is the issue). I could put the compressors there and the tank outboard of the frame rails. Still thinking. I don't want too much stuff in the bed if possible, as I do use it to haul things that the air system would be in the way from time to time.

Ed

I laid under the truck for a while, and behind the T-case there is plenty of room for compressors, but there is no way a 2.5 gallon tank would fit there, even by itself (length is the issue). I could put the compressors there and the tank outboard of the frame rails. Still thinking. I don't want too much stuff in the bed if possible, as I do use it to haul things that the air system would be in the way from time to time.

Ed
I think the VIAIR compressor might be better for under bed mount. I don’t think it has fans. The ARB has two fans that would probably get clogged with dirt, dust or water under there.

So far, very much. I really like the low profile and the look, and that I essentially can still access all my bed space except a couple inches at the top of the front bedrail where it attaches.

I will wait until driving in the rain to give a final opinion. I really like how easy it is to use, and that there are no additional keys to keep track of like my neighbor's rolling cover.

If it does a good job keeping the weather out, it is a winner.

Ed

I will also keep an eye out for tips on an on-board air system. I had a complete VIAIR system on my 2005 DRW and it worked great. When I sold that truck, the new owner thought that was the best feature of the truck.

Ed
That is exactly where I mounted my compressor on my 17. Its a good location and the compressor stayed clean there. Plus I didn't have to drill and tap the frame. I can get a picture of the instal from the current owner over the weekend.

That is exactly where I mounted my compressor on my 17. Its a good location and the compressor stayed clean there. Plus I didn't have to drill and tap the frame. I can get a picture of the instal from the current owner over the weekend.
Thanks! I would love to see the setup.

Ed

Most of the parts to install my Viair system have arrived. Will probably start building brackets tonight. Still planning on putting the compressors inboard of the frame rails behind the transfer case on the drivers side, and the tank outboard of the frame on the passenger side.

Ed

Sounds like
Most of the parts to install my Viair system have arrived. Will probably start building brackets tonight. Still planning on putting the compressors inboard of the frame rails behind the transfer case on the drivers side, and the tank outboard of the frame on the passenger side.

Ed

That sounds like a solid plan, Ed. Did you get the 1 or 2 gallon tank? And did you get a skid plate for the tank?
We would love to see photos of the finished product.

I'm starting the bracket to mount the compressors behind the t-case. I am in "no weld to the truck" mode, so this is a bolt on to a cross-member. I am going to use chains as a fail-safe to ensure if any bolts loosen and fall out, I don't drop a pair of compressors on the highway to hurt someone.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 366
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 376
Back