What are these rear connectors used for?

Alpoba

Alpoba
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Can anyone tell me what these connectors are intended to be used for? They are located in the rear, driver side, right across from the spare tire. Can’t miss them if you have them.

The reason i’m asking is this: LimitlessAuto is selling this particular harness to run from the back to the running boards. While i love the idea, i really can’t cope with $150 cost of this harness. I would rather just find the circuit/plug and run my own wiring for a fraction of this cost. Problem is, i don’t know where this plug is in the back and i’m sure Rich won’t tell me without me purchasing his harness. Hoping our forum lighting experts can help find it. I dunno if the identified pictured connectors are it, i’m thinking probably not, but that’s a start, knowing what they are there for might be helpful to others.

Attachments

• 987EE515-CA7A-44A3-B617-145589B60AB1.jpeg
    987EE515-CA7A-44A3-B617-145589B60AB1.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 64
Those connectors are for the trailer connector installed in the bed if you have the factory fifth wheel option.

Those connectors are for the trailer connector installed in the bed if you have the factory fifth wheel option.
Thanks. I didn’t think of that, but it makes sense since i don’t have a fifth wheel package on mine.

So i’m thinking the one with more wires will likely have these circuits included:

Ground
Right Turn
Left Turn
Reverse
Running Lights
break light - maybe. I have to count how many wires are there, 5 or 6.

Is it possible to just add the 5th wheel plug to the harness if you have the connectors? Anyone have a part#?

Thanks. I didn’t think of that, but it makes sense since i don’t have a fifth wheel package on mine.

So i’m thinking the one with more wires will likely have these circuits included:

Ground
Right Turn
Left Turn
Reverse
Running Lights
break light - maybe. I have to count how many wires are there, 5 or 6.
It does. That's where I got the 12v power for my reverse LED pods

Back