Well, I’m a new old guy, 70 years old and just got my first Ford after six GM products.

Zeroto?

Tremor Newbie
Joined
Oct 1, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction Points
4
Location
Wyoming
Military
Army
Current Ride #1
2026 f250 lariat/tremor
Like I said I’m 70 years old the last six or seven new trucks I’ve had of all been GM mostly Gmc the last one being a Chevrolet. Anxious and curious to see how everything goes. Seems like no matter what brand you choose all those electronics I think get in the way! But that’s the old school in me sometimes I wish they had a manual transmission. But Progress is just that, Progress! Anyway, looking forward to reading some of the articles seeing what other people have to say the one I just got is a 2026, supposedly updated software to fix some of the 10 speed problems, but that remains to be seen. Another controversial area I am sure! Never been a big fan of all the aluminum that is used in a valve body, I don’t care who makes them aluminum is not as strong as steel in some areas. Anyway, I’ll say hello to everyone and again look forward to seeing and hearing and reading all the thoughts that are accumulated here. By the way, retired military and for those in the military, my favorite quote is “Rangers lead the way“.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5199.webp
    IMG_5199.webp
    168.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5191.webp
    IMG_5191.webp
    360 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5190.webp
    IMG_5190.webp
    165.4 KB · Views: 27
Welcome to the forum!
Didn't do too much leading while driving your GM's did you?
 
Welcome to our little corner of the internet! Love the color! I sometimes wish I had chosen the blue, but no one knew what it was going to look like when I ordered the truck.
Thanks for your service! 🇺🇸
 
Like I said I’m 70 years old the last six or seven new trucks I’ve had of all been GM mostly Gmc the last one being a Chevrolet. Anxious and curious to see how everything goes. Seems like no matter what brand you choose all those electronics I think get in the way! But that’s the old school in me sometimes I wish they had a manual transmission. But Progress is just that, Progress! Anyway, looking forward to reading some of the articles seeing what other people have to say the one I just got is a 2026, supposedly updated software to fix some of the 10 speed problems, but that remains to be seen. Another controversial area I am sure! Never been a big fan of all the aluminum that is used in a valve body, I don’t care who makes them aluminum is not as strong as steel in some areas. Anyway, I’ll say hello to everyone and again look forward to seeing and hearing and reading all the thoughts that are accumulated here. By the way, retired military and for those in the military, my favorite quote is “Rangers lead the way“.
Nice color on your rig. I came from a duramax chevy. Maybe the mongoose will change the game, but my Ford is superior in many ways and I won't be going back to GM anytime soon.
 
Back
Top Bottom