Turnaround for a 2022 F350

TremorF350MI

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F150 and Mustang GT
Hello
I love this group. I ordered an F350 Diesel in August. I have not heard anything with regards to the order from Ford. The dealership says it has been ordered. Based on this group’s experience with orders, is it safe to assume the turn around time is at least six months?

Thank you

Welcome to the forum @TremorF350MI 🍻

A member posted his complete ordering schedule a couple of days ago and it took about 4 months:

Dates:
Ordered: 6/22/2021
COVP Submitted: 7/8/2021
VIN Assigned: 8/12/2021 (Build week Assigned 9/13/2021)
In production: 9/8/2021
Window Sticker: 9/9/2021
Built: 9/16/2021
Shipped: 9/20/2021
Delivery window: 9/23-9/29, 9/30-10/6, 10/4-10/11, 10/11-10/17, 10/12-10/18, 10/13-10/19, 10/19-10/25
Delivered - 10/21/2021
Picked up - 10/22/2021

Check out this thread for more details:

See my schedule above that Modified posted. My shipping time is definitely at the high end of the range for Michigan but assuming you don't have AS or 5th wheel you should get a build date and VIN soon. If you didn't get the original confirmation email from ford your dealer might not have attached your email and it would be worth asking them for any updates. Once you get a VIN there are multiple trackers online that you can follow it along.

Hello
I love this group. I ordered an F350 Diesel in August. I have not heard anything with regards to the order from Ford. The dealership says it has been ordered. Based on this group’s experience with orders, is it safe to assume the turn around time is at least six months?

Thank you
I think you posted a reply in the wrong tread but I have bed liner and Lariat with a lot of bells and whistles so you still shouldn't be long. Hope you get it soon. Till then ask us any questions you have and we will do our best.

Hello

Thank you
My entire process from order to delivery was 2 weeks shy of 6 months. I think things are moving a little faster so you shouldn’t have to wait as long. As someone mentioned above, it depends on the options you ordered. For instance, if you ordered adaptive steering, you will probably be waiting a while But if you ordered basic stuff it could be a couple of months from start to finish.

Hello

Thank you
Hello
I ordered the same truck in the same month. I too haven’t heard a thing. Six months is what I am guessing too.

I ordered on 4 Oct; built 16 Nov and shipped on 17 Nov.
I didn’t have AS, 5th Wheel, or bed liner so I am assuming that’s why it went so quick

See my schedule above that Modified posted. My shipping time is definitely at the high end of the range for Michigan but assuming you don't have AS or 5th wheel you should get a build date and VIN soon. If you didn't get the original confirmation email from ford your dealer might not have attached your email and it would be worth asking them for any updates. Once you get a VIN there are multiple trackers online that you can follow it along.
Do you mean 5th wheel gear or 5th wheel prep package? Is 5th wheel prep slowing down orders?

5th wheel prep was listed as a constraint on the last posted constraint list from like 2 weeks ago.

From what I gathered it has not been on there before or at least not long running like the bed liners or the adaptive steering has been.

I ordered mine with it and im not changing my order unless it shows up to be a long running constraint which I cant believe it will.

With all the frustration and negative time line turn around on trucks in this forum, is there anyone with uplifting news that will keep me from just going and picking up a used 2-3 year old truck? (Saw the one guys from a day or so ago)

Ordered 1/21, (yes I know others have waited much longer than me). Tremor Lariat, 6.7, no BAP, no 5th wheel, no bed liner, no back up assist. Patience isn’t my strong suit, but some have ordered after me and have trucks in hand and others are still waiting at a year now. Thanks all

With all the frustration and negative time line turn around on trucks in this forum, is there anyone with uplifting news that will keep me from just going and picking up a used 2-3 year old truck? (Saw the one guys from a day or so ago)

Ordered 1/21, (yes I know others have waited much longer than me). Tremor Lariat, 6.7, no BAP, no 5th wheel, no bed liner, no back up assist. Patience isn’t my strong suit, but some have ordered after me and have trucks in hand and others are still waiting at a year now. Thanks all
My buddy has one on order for a long time. He found a sweet deal on a lightly used F150 kinda base XLT. He is driving the living crap out of it and has already made arrangements to trade it in once his new beast arrives. The dealer is hurting so bad for inventory he will pretty much break even on the deal now and has a " loaner"

@CooterB222 what dealer did you order through? That does have some impact but is not a guarantee of long or short wait in and of itself...

I ordered mine August 19th 2021. Today makes it 11 months and I have no build date and no VIN. Standard cab duallie diesel XLT 4WD with a bunch of options, but nobody will tell me which ones are holding it up. A few months ago the dealer thought it might be the snow plow prep package so I deleted that but it did not seem to help. It does have the 5th wheel prep which I see mentioned above, but the dealer nor Ford marketing mentioned that to me. Neither the snow plow prep nor 5th wheel prep need chips which is what we have been told is the big problem. The chat person on the Ford web site said that the only specific thing she has heard is the 4G LTE WiFi which is standard feature. They have added a delete option for that with a $20 credit on the configurator page recently. Maybe that will help. As mentioned elsewhere in this forum they are now shipping them without particulate sensors that we will have to have installed later, but I can live with that. I wish they could tell me what the problem items really were so I could adjust my order accordingly.

Back