Truxedo Sentry CT

The latches protrude to the left and right of the truck. Not out the back like the pic you posted above. You can’t see the latches in my pictures because they’re recessed into the housing too much.
Correct that is how mine are on the CT - not vertical like @Lunch Box has. Maybe his is an older version?

Hmmm... It may be the angle but it looks too short. Mine looks the same as the pics @Vecman provided. If you let the cover naturally lay down without forcing it does the seal fall in the right location on the tailgate and past the cover rails? Just wondering if you erroneously received the correct rails but with a cover for a different truck?

Left and right side pictures posted below.

Double checked on the Velcro and it’s all slid forward
It doesn’t appear your latches a protruding out. Mine looks like @Vecman’s.

Edit, pic for reference.
77A0D6E5-DE24-46F0-90FD-530E9773FC6F.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmmm... It may be the angle but it looks too short. Mine looks the same as the pics @Vecman provided. If you let the cover naturally lay down without forcing it does the seal fall in the right location on the tailgate and past the cover rails? Just wondering if you erroneously received the correct rails but with a cover for a different truck?
Yeah it's the right cover. I messaged Truxedo. I think the latch cable is somehow too short, which isn't letting either latch stick out far enough to catch the lip on the rails

Yeah it's the right cover. I messaged Truxedo. I think the latch cable is somehow too short, which isn't letting either latch stick out far enough to catch the lip on the rails
If you can get to the end of the cables, there should be a set screw that holds the cable. Maybe you can adjust it.

If you can get to the end of the cables, there should be a set screw that holds the cable. Maybe you can adjust it.
I believe it's just one cable attached to the latch mechanisms on either end

I believe it's just one cable attached to the latch mechanisms on either end
Correct. It’s one cable, but each end should have a set screw that holds that cable to the mechanism. You might be able to loosen the screws to let some more cable out and then screw Them back down

Correct. It’s one cable, but each end should have a set screw that holds that cable to the mechanism. You might be able to loosen the screws to let some more cable out and then screw Them back down
Ahhhh that makes sense. I'll definitely give that a shot. Thanks!

Any luck?
It's been at the dealer waiting on a wiper arm motor replacement so I haven't been able to try. Truxedo support did suggest that I installed the rails incorrectly but that I'd possibly be able to adjust the cable length on the z-clip. Supposed to pick up the truck from the dealer tomorrow so I'll let you know!

You threw away the directions didn’t you. Lol
No I used the directions step by step. I don’t think the rails are the problem. The cable is too short. The latching tabs barely protrude an eighth of an inch if that.

I don’t throw out directions, because if something is wrong I don’t want a manufacturer telling me I installed wrong which inevitably happens.

No I used the directions step by step. I don’t think the rails are the problem. The cable is too short. The latching tabs barely protrude an eighth of an inch if that.

I don’t throw out directions, because if something is wrong I don’t want a manufacturer telling me I installed wrong which inevitably happens.
I really think that’s the issue - the latches are obviously not protruding, and so they can’t lock. Hopefully you get that figured out easily.

I really think that’s the issue - the latches are obviously not protruding, and so they can’t lock. Hopefully you get that figured out easily.
I agree, my latches stick out about 3/8 of a inch when open without tension on the cable.

Just checked mine and mine extends about the same amount. It’s always fit perfectly. Maybe have Truxedo ship you another one. Perhaps this one was somehow defective when it was made?

I got my truck back from the dealer today and removed the covers over the latches. The z clips were installed in the tightest position not allowing the tabs to protrude far enough. Adjusted to a different hole and it works perfectly.

Latest Discussions

Back