Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

DangleChomp

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Silverado 1500
Here are a few photos from our first camping trip in the new Tremor. Did a week in South Dakota. Averaged 10.3 mpg with the 7.3 (getting about 15 mpg in daily driving).

_A730777.jpg

_A730766.jpg

PXL_20210912_155422994.jpg

Brokedown

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Military
USAF 76-80
Current Ride
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
We're hoping to go full-time at some point so we wanted something that was comfortable without being gigantic.
We ordered a 250RKS for the same reason. We've been full-time for 5 years living in a 45' motorhome. We will still live in the motorhome on our lot in FL (mid-November through mid-April) but travel in the 250RKS. Living the life!!!

AMTRV

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
22 F250 Tremor 6.7 Lariat Ultimate
Current Ride #2
40 Ford Coupe with 53 Merc
The ultimate setup... Tremor and Opus. Very nice!!!
Yes, this is my 2nd Opus. Should pull easily behind my ‘22 6.7L Tremor…..2 weeks away! Been pulling it with an 18 6.7L.
Wife and I do a lot of back country camping…..haven’t stayed in an RV park ever.
I must disclose that I’m a dealer and have been since Opus moved to the states. I carry several full lines of off-road campers.
Wife and I are planning a road trip to Alaska with the Tremor and OP15 late next spring. 6 weeks on the road….can’t wait!

fordguy74656

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
22 F350 6.7 lariat
Current Ride #2
Town Car
Let's see your rigs, talk camping and share favorite campgrounds. Here's my current setup. Its a 25 FBT Airstream. It has 900lbs tounge weight and weighs around 7300lb fully loaded. The wife and I love to camp at corps of engineers campgrounds, our favorite is Indian creek on Mark Twain lake in Monroe city, MO. Camping so far with all the new influx of campers hasn't been bad so far.

View attachment 4197
View attachment 4199View attachment 4200
Love airstream. So dang expensive. Even the old ones are a ton.

strykerpsg

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Military
Army (1991-2016)
Current Ride
2022 F250 King Ranch Antimatter Blue (25 SEP 2022)
Current Ride #2
2019 Challenger Redeye (5 JAN 2019)
Yes, this is my 2nd Opus. Should pull easily behind my ‘22 6.7L Tremor…..2 weeks away! Been pulling it with an 18 6.7L.
Wife and I do a lot of back country camping…..haven’t stayed in an RV park ever.
I must disclose that I’m a dealer and have been since Opus moved to the states. I carry several full lines of off-road campers.
Wife and I are planning a road trip to Alaska with the Tremor and OP15 late next spring. 6 weeks on the road….can’t wait!

Wife and I just got out notice that our 2020 ordered Black Series HQ21 has finally arrived. We will actually get a 2022 model at the 2020 price.

However, have always had an eye on the Opus trailers and if we don't like the changes made to the 2022 HQ21, we would love to hear more about the Opus line and it's benefits. I also want to be off road/grid as much as possible and have some benefits of a purpose built off roading travel trailer. With the HQ21's being their newest kid on the block, I haven't seen much feedback.

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to yours and other users comments.

AMTRV

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
22 F250 Tremor 6.7 Lariat Ultimate
Current Ride #2
40 Ford Coupe with 53 Merc
Wife and I just got out notice that our 2020 ordered Black Series HQ21 has finally arrived. We will actually get a 2022 model at the 2020 price.

However, have always had an eye on the Opus trailers and if we don't like the changes made to the 2022 HQ21, we would love to hear more about the Opus line and it's benefits. I also want to be off road/grid as much as possible and have some benefits of a purpose built off roading travel trailer. With the HQ21's being their newest kid on the block, I haven't seen much feedback.

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to yours and other users comments.
I ultimately went with the OP15 because it’s a single axle. I’ve pulled a few double axle off-road trailers and found the single axle with a lock and roll hitch fits my uses better.
We‘ve been over some extremely rough terrain in our ‘18 6.7 pulling the OP15 and I’m very pleased with the way it tracks on and off-road. Ground clearance is crazy and the suspension is as good as it gets. If the tow vehicle can get there the trailer will follow with no problem. The build quality is amazing.
I’m a dealer. We almost took on the Black Series line several years ago but backed off because of price.
We’ve been selling and using the Opus and TAXA Outdoors line of trailers for many years.….very pleased with the quality of each.
Just wish we could get enough supply to meet demand!

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge