Tremor leveling kit

Your caster looks fine. But some like even higher caster for more “return to center” help. Too little caster and it can help introduce death wobble.

What click setting/position did you start with?
I started at 16 then went to 22 and just a few minutes ago, I took it up to 25 clicks (I know it says 24 clicks but mine has 26 clicks). Just got back and so far seems much firmer in a good way.

I noticed that on the lower setting I was still getting the steering wheel to swing from the center when traveling on a straight road with some uneven road surface. I’ll try the new setting more tomorrow on my commute to compare.

I will still look into a drop pitman arm as you suggested in your original post.

Attached is a short clip of what I mean. I believe it’s the so called bump-steer.

Attachments

• IMG_4766.MOV
    8.9 MB
I started at 16 then went to 22 and just a few minutes ago, I took it up to 25 clicks (I know it says 24 clicks but mine has 26 clicks). Just got back and so far seems much firmer in a good way.

I noticed that on the lower setting I was still getting the steering wheel to swing from the center when traveling on a straight road with some uneven road surface. I’ll try the new setting more tomorrow on my commute to compare.

I will still look into a drop pitman arm as you suggested in your original post.

Attached is a short clip of what I mean. I believe it’s the so called bump-steer.
Good info! Guess I should get on the ball ordering one as well. Seems like most people land between 14-20 clicks.

If you're hitting a bump with both front wheels evenly and that's the result, then yes, that's a perfect definition of bump steer. A longer pitman arm should solve that, but at the risk of additional lateral load (non-torsional) on the steering box. I've had an extended drop pitman arm on my old 7.3PSD F250 and have gone through a few steering boxes over the years due to shaft leaks - likely due to the added loading on the shaft from the longer drop pitman arm. Different steering box and a much older truck. But still a datapoint for me.
Another option, pull off the drop trackbar bracket and get a longer adjustable track bar. That'll put the track bar back parallel with the steering linkage.

Thank you once again for the info, it’s helpful and appreciated. Would the adjustable track bar also help with the steering wheel play in the center?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    12.3 MB
Thank you once again for the info, it’s helpful and appreciated. Would the adjustable track bar also help with the steering wheel play in the center?
Good info! Guess I should get on the ball ordering one as well. Seems like most people land between 14-20 clicks.
On my commute this morning, I noticed the higher the setting the less feel in the wheel on bumps, pot holes etc so definitely satisfied!

Play is dependant on so many link connections. Any improvement(s) you can make in the system joints will help. Carli touts this with their adjustable track bar - its quality with end links, etc.. But theirs is not adjustable once installed. Not a huge deal. Just an observation. The Rough Country bar is adjustable once installed to help dial in the centering of the front axle even further without removal. But not sure of its quality of end links.

Mines not a tremor but it’s a 2022 I’d definitely go with a Carli signature or commuter lift. I’m running 38x13.50s on mine

Attachments

• IMG_0545.jpeg
    IMG_0545.jpeg
    627.6 KB · Views: 53
Back