Tires Just Delivered - Weird shape

boisefly

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F350 Tremor 7.3L
Just had my 37s delivered. 1 of the 4 tires has a more “expanded” sidewall than the others.

Here’s one of the three:
IMG_0569.jpeg

Here’s is the tire that looks expanded:
IMG_0570.jpeg

Does anyone have feedback? I’m not an expert on tires so I’m confused…

I saw this happen to and mentioned by @Alpoba in another thread I believe and the store exchanged it for him, as it wasn’t worth the risk.

I saw this happen to and mentioned by @Alpoba in another thread I believe and the store exchanged it for him, as it wasn’t worth the risk.

Damn, could it be the one which i returned?

Where did you order it from?

It’s deff. something you don’t want to mount. The shop which mounts 37s all day long, 35 years in business, owner said he would not trust it. I returned it.

Attachments

• IMG_0941.jpeg
    IMG_0941.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 68
Damn, could it be the one which i returned?

Where did you order it from?

It’s deff. something you don’t want to mount. The shop which mounts 37s all day long, 35 years in business, owner said he would not trust it. I returned it.
Ordered it from Tire Buyer. Would be crazy if it’s the same tire…

At 400$ a pop that be one expensive swing:)

I ordered it from Simpletire, it went back to their return warehouse in Murray, Kentucky.
Simple Tire and Tire Buyer are the same company. That said, the tire shows it shipped from NC.

Simple Tire and Tire Buyer are the same company. That said, the tire shows it shipped from NC.

Yep, I doubt its the same tire. I didnt want to bother with asking Toyo, but i wonder what they would say…

I ordered a 5th for spare from Amazon, it is shipping from a warehouse in Los Angeles, CA.

Never seen this before.. could it be something as silly as the "expanded" tire being on the top of the pile? While the rest saw compression from the weight of other tires. Just a thought

Never seen this before.. could it be something as silly as the "expanded" tire being on the top of the pile? While the rest saw compression from the weight of other tires. Just a thought
Maybe so. Maybe it’s not an issue. I submitted a question about it to Toyo. Someone in their call center will have to give me their highly technical feedback hahaha

I wouldn’t even have noticed or given it a second thought before mounting. It’s rubber and going to be mounted on a wheel. Who cares what it looks like unmounted🤷‍♂️

I have had very tough time with 37s before, nitto ridge grapplers were impossible to balance, after 2 road force balances with no success i got rid of them. If one wants to take a chance on it, it’s your money and time. I was happy to send it back, especially after someone who does this for a living said he wouldn’t trust it on his truck.

I have had very tough time with 37s before, nitto ridge grapplers were impossible to balance, after 2 road force balances with no success i got rid of them. If one wants to take a chance on it, it’s your money and time. I was happy to send it back, especially after someone who does this for a living said he wouldn’t trust it on his truck.
Yeah I’m for sure sending it back. Already sent tirebuyer a return request. I’m patient enough to wait for a new tire. Thanks for your feedback!

Tires should not be stacked. I know people do stack them but they are not supposed to be. Especially given the weight of the bigger sizes.

Tires shipped from overseas can be deformed to fit in a smaller space. I had ATV tires that were crazy deformed to fit in a smaller space. Took them two weeks in the sun to deform back to their original state.
Cheers 🍻
P.s. buy USA

Tires shipped from overseas can be deformed to fit in a smaller space. I had ATV tires that were crazy deformed to fit in a smaller space. Took them two weeks in the sun to deform back to their original state.
Cheers 🍻
P.s. buy USA

These at3 37s are made in USA, including the deformed one i had. Precisely, they are manufactured in White, Georgia.

Attachments

• IMG_1302.jpeg
    IMG_1302.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1303.jpeg
    IMG_1303.jpeg
    889.5 KB · Views: 35
Back