Taking new truck to the saltwater beach?

2 wheels

Tremor Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction Points
5
Location
Washington DC
Current Ride #1
2026 250 Tremor g'zilla
I've taken all but my 2026 F250 to the Outer Banks. Although I do not drive in the surf, the salt spray when running in the sand is hell on vehicles. Now I'm thinking about taking the new one. What do you all do to protect your trucks from the ravages of salt spray when spending time on saltwater beaches?

Also, how low can I safely take tire pressure with OEM Tremor wheels for pretty soft sand?
 
Personally, I don’t worry about the salt air/ sand. Like you, I don’t drive in the water. I just give her a good bath underneath as soon as possible. Soap and water. A foam cannon is great for this. My 2015 with 150k on the clock had very very little rust underneath.
If you want to go apeshit, get some Fluid Film and spray her undergarments before you go. It will provide a protective barrier.
I have taken the stock tires down to 30 psi. The low pressure warning comes on, but who cares. I left them at that even running on paved roads to dinner/ bars. Just know that the truck will handle differently as the tires will roll on the wheels. While I have not tried it, you might be able to go low enough on the TPMS settings in Forscan or with OBD Link to eliminate the low pressure warning.
 
If you want to go apeshit, get some Fluid Film and spray her undergarments before you go. It will provide a protective barrier.


Salty panties!

Wait... what?

Speaking of apeshit:


2 minutes if that
 
Personally, I don’t worry about the salt air/ sand. Like you, I don’t drive in the water. I just give her a good bath underneath as soon as possible. Soap and water. A foam cannon is great for this. My 2015 with 150k on the clock had very very little rust underneath.
If you want to go apeshit, get some Fluid Film and spray her undergarments before you go. It will provide a protective barrier.
I have taken the stock tires down to 30 psi. The low pressure warning comes on, but who cares. I left them at that even running on paved roads to dinner/ bars. Just know that the truck will handle differently as the tires will roll on the wheels. While I have not tried it, you might be able to go low enough on the TPMS settings in Forscan or with OBD Link to eliminate the low pressure warning.
This. Plus definitely foam gun and flush out the insides of the boxed frame rails. The little bit of salt exposure you'll get on the beach is nothing compared to the salt and chemicals used on roads in the snow belts. I fluid film the chassis and also inside the boxed frames on my new trucks. Most steel body Superduties here in New England now have major body rot issues but the old school frames are still solid because they're open channel and easy to wash and protect. Now that aluminum Fords have been around long enough the aluminum bodies are still holding up great but we are starting to the see boxed frames have rot issues with salt and dirt and moisture getting trapped in there and people not flushing the frames out.
 
Bonneville salt flats
stuck out in the middle of nowhere
clay slick gummy crap under the salt

i went to 10psi to get out of this mess.

loaded for travel i weight in at 9500lbs. drove 15miles at 10psi till i got back to the gas station to air up.

stuck
about 12 miles out
20250905_113558.webp
20250905_113608.webp
20250905_113515.webp
20250905_113522.webp
20250905_113531.webp


tires at 10psi
20250905_172411.webp
20250905_172429.webp


back to50psi here
20250905_174636.webp


good luck
 

Attachments

  • 20250905_113539.webp
    20250905_113539.webp
    616.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20250905_123835.webp
    20250905_123835.webp
    494 KB · Views: 2
Bonneville salt flats
stuck out in the middle of nowhere
clay slick gummy crap under the salt

i went to 10psi to get out of this mess.

loaded for travel i weight in at 9500lbs. drove 15miles at 10psi till i got back to the gas station to air up.

stuck
about 12 miles out
View attachment 274813View attachment 274814View attachment 274815View attachment 274816View attachment 274817

tires at 10psi
View attachment 274820View attachment 274821

back to50psi here
View attachment 274822

good luck
What tires?
 
Bonneville salt flats
stuck out in the middle of nowhere
clay slick gummy crap under the salt

i went to 10psi to get out of this mess.

loaded for travel i weight in at 9500lbs. drove 15miles at 10psi till i got back to the gas station to air up.

stuck
about 12 miles out
View attachment 274813View attachment 274814View attachment 274815View attachment 274816View attachment 274817

tires at 10psi
View attachment 274820View attachment 274821

back to50psi here
View attachment 274822

good luck
Not even you can get a sidewall puncture out there in the flats🤣 !
 
Last edited:
I would have no problem taking the tires down to 30 psi or even 25 in the sand. I always have my Milwaukee 18v air compressor in the tool box so I can air up when I get back to the pavement
 
Back
Top Bottom