Swim, bike, or run? Or any of those?

Sccritterkiller

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'90 YJ
That’s coming my way too. October 1 is bow. November 13 is rifle. I don’t carry 45 lbs though - maybe I should weigh my gear…oh man. I bet I carry just less than that on day one. Day two I leave all the “may need” stuff back at camp. Lol in Vermont you can get away with that mostly.
I still have to add another 25# or so before season...last yr the back quarters of the elk I shot were around 58lbs each. I dont like to do a bunch heavy rucking for trianing but I do like to get a couple 60-70# rucks in before season...so the suck doesn't smack me too hard when I am coming out heavy...without water and food my pack is 20-30# depending on weather...when it's colder it gets heavier with tent stove, cold weather bag, more calories, and puffy layers added.

OP
Vermonster

Vermonster

Dude - Where's my truck?
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2011 BMW E90 335i XDrive (modded to be faster and stronger)
Current Ride #2
1974, BMW 2002 (building project), 2021 Subaru Ascent (Wife's car), 2015 Ducati 899 & 2000 Ducati 748 Mono
I still have to add another 25# or so before season...last yr the back quarters of the elk I shot were around 58lbs each. I dont like to do a bunch heavy rucking for trianing but I do like to get a couple 60-70# rucks in before season...so the suck doesn't smack me too hard when I am coming out heavy...without water and food my pack is 20-30# depending on weather...when it's colder it gets heavier with tent stove, cold weather bag, more calories, and puffy layers added.
Bad ass beast! You’re not screwing around!

ftchmup

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Rapid Red Tremor
Can’t get my head around road biking, debating the road bike purchase (Training tool). But I love the mtn bike thing. Got the kids into it. My younger is a senior racing high school NICA. I have been coaching 5ish years. We fat bike also.
29598716-0476-4C1B-8AA0-09919BF359CE.jpeg
F376CF8A-8F54-45C6-A648-6FD45D4A6BF1.jpeg

5.8 Venom

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
21' F250 445ci Lariat Carbon Grey
Current Ride #2
2014 Shelby GT500
Can’t get my head around road biking, debating the road bike purchase (Training tool). But I love the mtn bike thing. Got the kids into it. My younger is a senior racing high school NICA. I have been coaching 5ish years. We fat bike also.
You know, when I first started road, I rode early before work and it was great. Where we lived, not a lot of cars, so no exhaust, just me an a bunch of bored cops who got used to me going down the road. Now that I am retired, I dont ride as early and riding road is really better when you are in a group, its much safer. Plus and hour of hills/trails on a MTN bike gets you a solid workout like an 1 1/2 or 2 hours on the road.

So if you're thinking of going road and have empty roads to do it on, then great otherwise I recommend riding in a group.

Last edited:
OP
Vermonster

Vermonster

Dude - Where's my truck?
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
1974, BMW 2002 (building project), 2021 Subaru Ascent (Wife's car), 2015 Ducati 899 & 2000 Ducati 748 Mono
OP
Vermonster

Vermonster

Dude - Where's my truck?
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
You know, when I first started road, I road early before work and it was great. Where we lived, not a lot of cars, so no exhaust, just me an a bunch of bored cops who got used to me going down the road. Now that I am retired, I dont ride as early and riding road is really better when you are in a group, its much safer. Plus and hour of hills/trails on a MTN bike gets you a solid workout like an 1 1/2 or 2 hours on the road.

So if you're thinking of going road and have empty roads to do it on, then great otherwise I recommend riding in a group.
That’s so true. I have some ultra bright LEDs on my bike, and still cars get right up close. Texting is a major concern of mine, but I also have the typical coal roller go by me and try to cover me with soot and occasional Subaru STI with a rev limiter bang. When I ride at the crack of dawn it’s awesome. Like a wildlife sanctuary!

OP
Vermonster

Vermonster

Dude - Where's my truck?
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
Not into any serious biking but I alternate lifting weights and running every other day. Trying to get ripped..lol.
I’m building a weight / cardio room at my home. Slowly buying items and waiting to finish it off. I hope it’s my winter paradise! I think that is important no matter what you do in life.

NickinColorado

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'22 F350 Lariat on order
Current Ride #2
'20 Husky TE300i
First Responder
Career Firefighter
Rad. If you ever find yourself in Bellingham I’ll be your tour guide: https://www.trailforks.com/region/bellingham

View attachment 33831
That photo I posted is from Mohawk! I end up out there for at least a few weeks every year! Was supposed to be there in June for a month this year and decided to hit a tree the week before leaving. Spent 5 days in the hospital instead with a broken pelvis, L1-5 vertebrae, and a rib. I’m all good and riding again now though. At 37 getting a little old for this shit though 🤣

I should be out there next August for almost the entire month. Canada better be open!

sillawydna

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'21 Tremor 6.7
That photo I posted is from Mohawk! I end up out there for at least a few weeks every year! Was supposed to be there in June for a month this year and decided to hit a tree the week before leaving. Spent 5 days in the hospital instead with a broken pelvis, L1-5 vertebrae, and a rib. I’m all good and riding again now though. At 37 getting a little old for this shit though 🤣

I should be out there next August for almost the entire month. Canada better be open!
Canada is open now if you’re vaccinated!

37, I’m still breaking stuff and I’m 50. You have at least two decades of good fractures to look forward to.

Check out Darrington too text time. I think Out of The Blue may be the best trail in Washington if you like it steep, loose, and rooty:

Loshad

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2021 F350 Platinum Tremor 6.7
Back before I quit road riding I went up a local paved mountain road. I remember starting down it. Next thing I knew there were was a bright light and some dude was asking me who the president was.

"Uh, Abe Lincoln?"

Wrong answer. I'd been 'snoozing' for 3 hours! The 'tape' was forever erased of the 2 miles down from the top! Never did figure what happened but it was either a front blowout or maybe I hit some sand. I clearly went into the ditch as my front wheel had a 90 degree indentation almost to the axle! I musta launched over the bars and tried to do a mid-flight roll as we could see the impact point on the helmet at about the hairline. Hardshell helmet was broken. Nothing on me was but man was I sore for a week.

PRIWI

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2019 Ford Raptor; 2015 Audi R8 Performance; 2016 VW GTi
I've done numerous sprint's/Olympics and have finished 13 x 70.3 and finished 1 x 140.6 back in my homeland New Zealand in 2016 in 14hr's 31 mins! If you're in the market for a good tri bike let me know- I've got a 2015 Giant SLR with Di2, Dura Ace etc... I've retired from both 70.3/140.6's now and do the occasional Olympic/Sprint here and there to try and maintain some sense of fitness. Also past rugby player in NZ, Middle East and USA- long since retired.
View attachment 33787
Current ride: 2018 Trek emonda SL6 with profile design carbon tri bars and Zipp 404s. I’ve been toying with getting a tri bike (and a mountain bike to play with family) but shit. Hard to find and super expensive knowing I’ll finish mid-pack. Lol 😂

Loshad

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2021 F350 Platinum Tremor 6.7
From Kiwiville to Sin City? That's a double whammy of culture/environment shock! Have you done your Haka in Harrah's?

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge