Step stool, ladder, box?

Trapper

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Ford Lariat TREMOR 7.3 Value
What do you all use for when your mother-in-law comes to visit?
She's old and mean, and there's no way she's climbing in my truck without something to give her a leg up.
Don't want her crapping her drawers straining to get in. I'd have my bride pick her up in the Bronco, but that's still in Vermonster land.
Any pics?

3822CA2B-94BE-4B98-BCB1-3328251E6736.jpeg

You can try stacking milk crates in this stair type of pattern for ease of getting up there.

mother-in-law

Shoot, I need something for myself to get access to the engine compartment if, for instance, I need to change a spark plug wire.

I was thinking something like this although I haven't measured yet. I may need to go to a two step aluminum stool - not sure... This may be good for adding an additional step to access the running boards without it being permanent, it has an 8.5" rise:

I like that it folds relatively flat for stowage.

Last edited:
I actually have that Gorrilla ladder under the backseat. Psychologically damaging necessity.
Does it work well? If so, I need to get one.

My wife came up with some cheap no-name version of something similar to put in our camper (probably smaller too) - I think the only way I’ll step on it is if it’s folded flat on the ground!

I built a Stairway To Heaven for my mum. She could only manage like 5" steps so the thing was 5' long and 2' wide! Took up half of my 5.5' F150 bed and weighed a good 25 pounds.

Yes . I used it to fill er up changing the oil first time this past week. I actually stole the damn thing out of wife’s rav 4 . She used it to reach the tie downs loading her kayak until we got a side lift style mount . Very stable and light. Big pluss how flat it folds.

Just got this from Tractor Supply. $53 plus tax. Made for getting on your horse, lightweight, and pretty indestructible.
Tested it out with my 86 year old handicapped mother who, by the way, has refused to get in my trucks for several years now.
I assisted, and she climbed in without complaint. Kind of bumped her head on the roof edge though, so have to watch that.
The running board is 21" and each step on this has a 7" rise, so just like any typical step.
Little slippery on the bottom sitting on a smooth driveway, so going to glue some rubber strips.
Nothing too steep or awkward for old ladies
ENvEUYlLRc2bOf%nBN9cVA.jpg

Last edited:
Good solution. Do you just throw it in the bed?

Good solution. Do you just throw it in the bed?
Well it fits by the back seat, so I put it there, but am probably going to drill a couple holes and attach a rope loop. I want to throw in the back, but also tie it securely by the tailgate when needed. My wife thinks it'll be good for the dog too when he gets older.

Back