Rotella t6 oil shortage ?

Just picked up 4 gallons off the shelf at Oreilly. Picked up 3 gallons at the same place a couple months ago. 31 bucks. I can’t find it anywhere else in stock. Have enough for two oil changes now at least. Will continue to buy when I come across it.

Wow, at $31 a gallon you're getting into the "premium" oil price range.

Wow, at $31 a gallon you're getting into the "premium" oil price range.
It’s getting worse. I get dealer prices on Amsoil but it’s not on Ford’s approved oil list. I was tempted to ignore that detail. Will definitely ignore it when it’s out of warranty. I consider T6 to be among the top tier for diesels though.

It’s getting worse. I get dealer prices on Amsoil but it’s not on Ford’s approved oil list. I was tempted to ignore that detail. Will definitely ignore it when it’s out of warranty. I consider T6 to be among the top tier for diesels though.
It never has been on Fords approved list or any other manufacturer. I have been using it on all of my domestic vehicles for over 30 years now. The German vehicles like MB and BMW (the 2021 X5M comp is going in week after next) just use factory oil because I do not change them myself. Too big of a PITA with everything that has to be taken off first to change the oil.;)

It never has been on Fords approved list or any other manufacturer. I have been using it on all of my domestic vehicles for over 30 years now. The German vehicles like MB and BMW (the 2021 X5M comp is going in week after next) just use factory oil because I do not change them myself. Too big of a PITA with everything that has to be taken off first to change the oil.;)
I been changing my Audi oil, Its not too bad. Was using the Amsoil like I do on everything else however, it turns black really fast on my Audis. Both have tunes and mods. So I changed back to Liquid Moly from Germany. I still like the Amsoil for my Fords.
Amsoil has a lot of legal material on the web site as to warranty and legal rights so I am not concerned about my warranty with the use of Amsoil. I can't believe how that price jumped up too. inflation really sucks.

I been changing my Audi oil, Its not too bad. Was using the Amsoil like I do on everything else however, it turns black really fast on my Audis. Both have tunes and mods. So I changed back to Liquid Moly from Germany. I still like the Amsoil for my Fords.
Amsoil has a lot of legal material on the web site as to warranty and legal rights so I am not concerned about my warranty with the use of Amsoil. I can't believe how that price jumped up too. inflation really sucks.
I seen that price jump damn $42 gallon with preferred customer acct

Price isn't as bad if you buy a drum (even a 30 gallon)
thats horrible! was at Fleet Farm and the shelves were empty, not much available for oil they had the Mystic store brand and some Pennsoil

Price isn't as bad if you buy a drum (even a 30 gallon)
Yeah I just looked works out to $35.60 per gallon. Maybe after I run out of my stock I’ll do that I can’t wrestle with a drum right now ( shoulder surgery)

Yeah I just looked works out to $35.60 per gallon. Maybe after I run out of my stock I’ll do that I can’t wrestle with a drum right now ( shoulder surgery)
I'm going to get a drum dolly/hand truck before I order a drum. They have free liftgate service on the Amsoil website.

I can’t argue with y’all’s logic. All my Fords (currently one, ha) use Amsoil. I’ve been using it for 25 years or so in just about everything, excluding the TDIs, but that’s because it was convenient to buy in kit form from ID parts while I was getting filters.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I've been looking since the start of the year and haven't been successful in finding 5w-40
Well the oil never arrived at the store and everyone is filing claims. Called the "Customer Solutions" group and the oil is now discontinued so no hope of getting more any time soon. :(

Rotella has stopped making T6? Or tractor supply isn't carrying it anymore?
I suppose it is a TSC thing, but don't really know. The TSC rep didn't have any information

Our Wally World is back to full stock at $25/gallon.

Amazon has 5w-40:

Screenshot_20221108-183748_Amazon Shopping.jpg

FYI I was at a nearby harbor freight, they had a ton of rotella in stock, both 15w40 and 5w40… I didn’t look at the price.

Latest Discussions

Back