Rock sliders

I called White Knuckle as well today and encourage anyone else who's interested to do the same. The more people showing interest, the better.

I'm torn, do I need rock sliders... no. Do I like the factory steps, I love em. Do I want rock sliders... absolutely.

I'd really like a clean looking skid plate as well. Ford killed it with raptors and rangers. Wish we got something like that.

I'm torn, do I need rock sliders... no. Do I like the factory steps, I love em. Do I want rock sliders... absolutely.

I'd really like a clean looking skid plate as well. Ford killed it with raptors and rangers. Wish we got something like that.
They have IFS, super duty trucks run a solid front axle so that skid plate is not possible on these trucks.

Reactions: ccw
They have IFS, super duty trucks run a solid front axle so that skid plate is not possible on these trucks.
Aware of that. I was referring to how well ford designed it on those trucks. Westin makes a ok looking front bumper with front skid plate.

Anybody remove their running boards and install real rock rails? If so, what brand and how long?
I just hurt my truck by not having any

Cool, I’ve seen those and a few others. I’m on the fence about spending the money on them or not. Please let me/us know how they are!
I like how the OEM Tremor boards protect against thrown up rocks from the tires. The rock sliders wouldn’t offer as much protection at first glance. Maybe they’re the same width, not sure.

I like how the OEM Tremor boards protect against thrown up rocks from the tires. The rock sliders wouldn’t offer as much protection at first glance. Maybe they’re the same width, not sure.
Me too unless you bend them, like my wife did. I think I can bend them back a bit. She slipped off a rock on a trail that we all thought she had

Me too unless you bend them, like my wife did. I think I can bend them back a bit. She slipped off a rock on a trail that we all thought she had
Any photos of the damage?

I am in the same boat - I need more of the "step" than I do the pinch weld protector, but don't get me wrong. While they would be super awesome to have for the added protection and peace of mind, I also do not intend to use my truck to crawl rocks.

I can live with paint scratches and pin stripping, both of which my truck is now full of, but wrinkled metal -- I am cuttting it off there (no pun intended).

If I see a trail that can potentallly wrinkly my tin can, rest assured I am picking a different line.

While these trucks are very capable nowadays, not to mention after some nice User mods, we've got to be realistic; they're big and they're heavy.

I've seen the White Alumiduty on what appears to be rolling on 40s crawing these gnarly trails -- indeed incredible but I am not putting my truck through that kind of stuff.

If anything, I would go from my current 35s to 37s to give me the extra height and tackle the trails in that fashion yet staying away from extreme danger areas.

In a perfect world, if somene can come up with sliders-steps, I'd be all over it.

In a perfect world, if somene can come up with sliders-steps, I'd be all over it.
While looking for a set of running boards to replace the rusted old rock rails on my Power Wagon, I came across this page where a number of the products claim to be both rock sliders and steps. Some may be more cosmetic in nature but maybe not all. Probably can't hurt to put in your truck specs and see what pops up.

https://realtruck.com/c/exterior-accessories/nerf-bars-running-boards/sliders/

I like the stock Tremor boards enough that now I want something similar for my old truck. 😁

I like the looks of the RRO sliders, and if they perform as well as they claim, I'd be happy with that. I'd like to add sliders for the sake of extra protection/insurance, but I want the keep the "step" feature of the OEM running boards. I could be wrong, since I'm just going off of their pictures, but it looks like the RRO sliders wouldn't be compatible with the AMP side steps. So there is also that to consider. Until I find a slider with more of step for the front and rear seats, I'll stick with the OEM boards. I'll be following this thread.

Any photos of the damage?
Nothing worth interest. It was sort of fixable with a crowbar, and the body damage is negligible. I will add some touch up paint but I'm not worries about rust obviously

This is the best I can get

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpeg
    IMG_0172.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 59
Bumping thread again.

Found these, but no pics of the option with the tube rail. https://www.randyellisdesign.com/store/p136/rock-2250.html

I want the sliders to be tangent with the widest part of the door panel, to prevent door dings from other car doors.

Please, everyone reading this thread, please keep reaching out to White Knuckle. They haven't produced any for F250/F350 still. I sent an email a few minutes ago.

[email protected]

Last edited:
If they’re not using 1/4” thickness minimum on frame plates, you’re wasting your time on these big rigs. 3/16” is not strong enough to mount to the frame.

Last edited:
I spoke to White Knuckle and they recommend calling them instead of emailing. Please call/text them so they know how interested the community is for the sliders.

This is still on their radar for development. The lady mentioned they do afford door ding protection, so that is a plus! The optional top step plates are also removable.

White Knuckle: Phone: 442-231-7566 call or text

I spoke to White Knuckle and they recommend calling them instead of emailing. Please call/text them so they know how interested the community is for the sliders.

This is still on their radar for development. The lady mentioned they do afford door ding protection, so that is a plus! The optional top step plates are also removable.

White Knuckle: Phone: 442-231-7566 call or text
When I come out and see a chip or mark in the Powdercoat of my sliders i laugh, cause the door of the car that did it is gonna have a nice fold in that area

@surfscottydog This is what I plan to get ^
Am I the only one slightly concerned with them thinking the average weight of our trucks is 5,000lbs? I've not scaled mine but online searches are returning ~6400-6500lbs.

700 lbs to break a single fastener is concerning. Assuming thats correct, thats seems... low. I get there are 9 but they're spread out.

1715783700687.png

Last edited:
Back