jasoncw

Tremor Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F350 Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
2017 SHO
For those who installed this, did you have a fitment issue with the factory tray? The cutout for the tray is about 1/8” too short. Tray is exactly 12” long, cutout is about 11
7/8”. Are earlier year trays slightly shorter than 12”?

6691657F-0108-48DC-B9C8-0FFFE6F60C31.jpeg

Mine fits but it has to go in pretty much straight up and down and comes out the same way

Last edited:
I have to force mine in to the point that if I push it all the way down, I might not be able to get it back out without damaging it.

This may be a dumb question but could you link the product that fits '22 or let me where you get these? I can only find the full safe and would like the half safe.

I got mine from Apollo Optics

For those who installed this, did you have a fitment issue with the factory tray? The cutout for the tray is about 1/8” too short. Tray is exactly 12” long, cutout is about 11

View attachment 59972
I swapped mine with my 21 F150 tray and fits perfectly and looks the same. Then put my F350 tray in the F150 which also fits perfectly, but wouldn’t fit on the safe frame at all.

I helped a buddy install this safe in his ‘22 and had the same issue. The tray from my ‘21 fit perfectly, but the one from his ‘22 did not. Seems like there has been a change in the tray between model years.

I got mine from Apollo Optics
Thank you

My tray is VERY tight also. I have to force it in. It’s a bit of a struggle to get it out, but it comes out.

Same…. 2022 doesn’t fit

View attachment 59972
Any luck filing edges?

View attachment 59972

Are these more secure than the cheap one from Ford?

Could you sand/Dremel it down to fit?
I honestly haven’t really looked at it to see if it’s doable. I rarely remove the tray so I don’t think about it, until I have to remove it again. It’s annoying, but I wouldn’t change it because I really like the safe. You’ve got me thinking though.

Reactions: Gus
@dmitt29 Good catch, 😂 Congress is not involved!!!

Does anyone happen to have a part number for a tray that fits? I just installed the E&G and have the same issue with the coin/valet tray not fitting in my '22. Anyone with a pre-'22 that doesn't have the safe want to trade? :)

Back