Ride quality control

I have noticed some improvement with my change over to Bilstein 5100's at 11.7k miles. The OEM shocks were soft and just let the truck just keep bouncing and it would just increase as I went down the highway.

I haven't towed with them yet, but they did help with the porpoising on my 150 when I swapped the rears out.
you got the p/n on those 5100s you put on for the tremor.

you got the p/n on those 5100s you put on for the tremor.
Here is where I bought mine:

I made my account, put them in the cart and then waited about 15-20 minutes. They sent me a $10 off code to finish the transaction, so I went back and bought them. Cheapest place that I could find at the time and had them in 3 days (I am in eastern Washington).

Swap was simple as can be. For the top of the front shocks, you either need a slim open end or just grab the oem housing with a set of channel locks. That is what I did as I was ditching them anyways and didn't care about scratching them.

Here is where I bought mine:

I made my account, put them in the cart and then waited about 15-20 minutes. They sent me a $10 off code to finish the transaction, so I went back and bought them. Cheapest place that I could find at the time and had them in 3 days (I am in eastern Washington).

Swap was simple as can be. For the top of the front shocks, you either need a slim open end or just grab the oem housing with a set of channel locks. That is what I did as I was ditching them anyways and didn't care about scratching them.
I’m assuming they will work for a 2022 too ?

Bilstein won't tell you yes because they haven't tried them yet, but I have seen posts on here and FTE where members have put them on 22's. Their website says they won't work for Tremors either, but they do.
Thanks for the info

I love my Tremor but tiny little expansion joints on the highway make it feel like an old wagon. Especially the rear end. I’ve aired down as low as 40psi. This helps but mpg gets bad. I keep them now at 50psi.
So here’s the question:
Will the ride be considerably better by upgrading to better shocks like a Bilstein, Fox, Icon, etc..?
I don’t really want to change to a lighter spring as I do tow and haul and not interested in air bags.
Well despite my previous comment…. I pulled the trigger on the carli commuter kit. I optioned with sway bar end links, full progressive leaf springs coupled with the ride-rite air bags. Will run the factory wheels and tires until they need to be replaced then most likely go to 17” wheel and 37” tire. Hopefully this gets me the results of comfort and capacity I’m looking for.

Well despite my previous comment…. I pulled the trigger on the carli commuter kit. I optioned with sway bar end links, full progressive leaf springs coupled with the ride-rite air bags. Will run the factory wheels and tires until they need to be replaced then most likely go to 17” wheel and 37” tire. Hopefully this gets me the results of comfort and capacity I’m looking for.
How did you set up come out? I ordered my front end kit but still figuring out what to do on the rearmed.

How did you set up come out? I ordered my front end kit but still figuring out what to do on the rearmed.
Absolutely love it. In all honesty the rear was top priority for me. The F350 spring pack that comes on the truck was way too harsh.

Absolutely love it. In all honesty the rear was top priority for me. The F350 spring pack that comes on the truck was way too harsh.
Thank you, and you have a great looking truck! I will likely follow suit and go for the full springs and add some airbags.

Thank you, and you have a great looking truck! I will likely follow suit and go for the full springs and add some airbags.
Thank you! Just to note, I did the 3.5 diesel springs which brought it up 2 5/8”.

Thank you! Just to note, I did the 3.5 diesel springs which brought it up 2 5/8”.
Cool. I put in my full order yesterday. 3.5 Carli backcountry w/ full progressive spring in the rear. Now for wheels and tires. Thanks for your help.

Updates on my setup and thoughts. I recently added 37x13.5r18 Falken RT’s on stock wheels, Fox ATS stabilizer, and 0.5” Bora spacers.

Over the weekend, I did some spirited (40-50mph) off-road testing on some farm field roads. These roads are fairly well maintained with some old ruts, potholes etc. What I can say by seat of pants is that the truck is far more comfortable off-road at those speeds than it is at same speeds on paved roads in the north Texas area. Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice on road but still feels like a Super Duty. Off-road, it felt more like my friends Icon equipped F150. It felt in its element.

I absolutely loved it and may have gotten half an inch of air under the tires a time or two. With all that said I feel there’s still room for improvement on the rear. So I’m now trying to get some comparison between sulastic shackles and the new carli shackles.

Back