Riding on Carli

22F250

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
done! riding on Carli 3.5 pintop with all the goodies. guys if you're on the fence about spending the money and have any possible means to do so, do it and do it as soon as possible. its incredible and doesn't look too bad either. get the torsion bar and both stabilizers. best $12K you can spend apart from the motor. grinning from ear to ear for hours!

Attachments

• tempImageBxQERj.png
    tempImageBxQERj.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 668
Last edited:
Beautiful truck. I have the same suspension on order…should be arriving soon. Truck on the other hand, probably months away. Who knows? Did you consider going with the 5.5 lift? I thought about going with the add-a-pack for tow/haul, but really wanted to experience a smoother ride this time, so also went with the full spring setup. If tow/haul becomes that important, I’ll get a 450. Wondering if you would please comment on 2 or 3 specific circumstances/conditions you find to be strongly improved over stock, with the Carli 3.5 set up? Thanks much.

Considered but there was little point for me to go up 2 inches and have to shim the drive shaft. also with 35’s it looks better to me. Don’t want 37’s. That said, deavers in the rear a must again only my opinion and if needed will get airbags. Everything about the front set up is smoother and the softer tires coming will only make it even better. It’s just overall better. Less shudder on harsh bumps and more composed. Quality is felt. Hope that helps

I am curious who is saying that besides the BDS salesman?
Local off-road aftermarket custom shop - Quote "Nothin' wrong with the Carli but you can have the same ride and a lower cost with the BDS"

Being told the BDS suspension provides the same ride without payin' fer a name
I've driven a 21' f250 6.7 w/ BDS 2.5 radius arm kit with fox shocks and dual fox SS. It had 35x12.50r20 on it. It was very smooth and plush. I was just driving on the street though, no offroad. Thier kit on bds website with options this truck had goes for $2800. Similarly equipped CJC commuter setup with RA and upper and lower SS is about $4500. After driving the BDS setup I would personally consider it as a solid option while keeping in mind CJC has an amazing reputation especially when it comes to off road. I've driven about 20 super duties 'including 20/'21 f250/350 SB/LB 7.3/6.7 tremor/non-tremor and the BDS f250 I drove was the smoothest one compared to the stockers and it was noticeable.

I have the Carli 4.5" starter kit on my 2012. Was really great. I have the Carli 3.5" backcountry with full leafs for the rear in my garage waiting to go on my FX4 in 4 weeks. I did not opt for the Tremor cost knowing I was going to put the Carli lift on and new wheels/tires. I have wheels and tires sold already. I can put a limited slip in the front diff and don't need to rock crawl this beast. I got an X3 XRS max for that.
Carli and Ikon are top lifts for these heavy trucks. I ran a lot of washes out here in CA in my basic Carli and it would soak those up with ease. I recall it have around 12"/10" travel front rear. Stock Tremor can't do that.
I guess I would have to research BDS to see what it's travel is after installed.
If high speed ruts are your game then go Carli. It's built for desert racing.
If you just want lift for big mud tires and go mudding then get the cheaper stuff. My 6.0 had Pro Comp on it and the front leafs sagged after 18 months. Pulled those off and put Deaver leafs in.

Last edited:
Anyone have any emperor knowledge of this kit compared to the Carli 4.5” Back Country full optioned system?

2017-2021 F250 & F350 6.7L ICON 4-5.5in Stage 3 Coilover Conversion System K63153​

What's Included:
  • Radius Arm Drop Kit
  • Front 4.5in Box Kit
  • 2 Rear 2.5in Aluminum Series Shocks
  • 5in Rear Block Kit With Built In Bumpstop
  • Adjustable Track Bar Kit
  • Rear 17in U-Bolt Kit
  • 2.5 VS Series Remote Reservoir Bolt-In Coilover Conversion Kit
  • Dual Steering Stablizers and Mounting Kit

Fitment:
  • 2017-2021 F250 & F350 Super Duty

Anyone have any emperor knowledge of this kit compared to the Carli 4.5” Back Country full optioned system?

2017-2021 F250 & F350 6.7L ICON 4-5.5in Stage 3 Coilover Conversion System K63153​

What's Included:
  • Radius Arm Drop Kit
  • Front 4.5in Box Kit
  • 2 Rear 2.5in Aluminum Series Shocks
  • 5in Rear Block Kit With Built In Bumpstop
  • Adjustable Track Bar Kit
  • Rear 17in U-Bolt Kit
  • 2.5 VS Series Remote Reservoir Bolt-In Coilover Conversion Kit
  • Dual Steering Stablizers and Mounting Kit

Fitment:
  • 2017-2021 F250 & F350 Super Duty
I'm curious about this as well. Why not go with the stage 4/5/6? Just curious

Ugh. $12k. My wife would kill me.
I only spent $6K on my Carli Back Country 2.5" with Fox Shocks, Add-a-Packs, Torsion Sway Bar and dual steering stabilizers. My truck rides like an F150 when empty and tows great!

Would she let you live for $6K? 🤑

done! riding on Carli 3.5 pintop with all the goodies. guys if you're on the fence about spending the money and have any possible means to do so, do it and do it as soon as possible. its incredible and doesn't look too bad either. get the torsion bar and both stabilizers. best $12K you can spend apart from the motor. grinning from ear to ear for hours!
Congrats, Timothy! Glad to hear it's as good as you'd hoped it to be! (Dan here, we'd been corresponding via email)

I received an email about my $6K price, asking what I did NOT add. I do not see the post, but I will answer it anyway.

I did not do the Full Progressive Leafs, as I wanted to keep my 1-ton factory leafs for towing.
I did not do the Radius Arms, which are mainly for looks, unless you have a wheel with more than 5" of backspace.

Check out my build thread for the full details on the truck.

Back