Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
Army
Current Ride
21 F250 7.3L Antimatter Lariat Ult/Blk Tremor
Current Ride #2
2001 Toyota 4Runner Limited
Anyone running a rear seat air mattress for quick naps while on the road? I used to just crawl back there with a blanky, but I’m getting old and have been thinking about this -

5A594B79-E2E5-43D8-8E6F-3D62CCA34679.png

For the dogs I just bought a crib mattress at target. Fits perfectly in the back with the seats up without losing access to the under seat storage bin.

I’ve laid on it and it supports my weight comfortably but I’m too tall to lay down with the doors shut so no solution will work for me to sleep that way but my dogs love it.

Cowtown Sleeper anyone? ???. I just learned about these on craigslist yesterday, honestly thought about putting it in the funny pictures and memes because of how it looked on that ad. Somehow I saw another one this morning (also on craigslist) and that is why I'm posting this. I highly doubt any of us will do one of these. They also have ones with more seats... They don't look horrible on the Super Duty though.
1627324003495.png
1627324041758.png

1627324054682.png

1627325194222.png

1627325208106.png

1627325216675.png

1627325136316.png

1627326236019.png

1627324256208.png

1627324329667.png

Sorry that there are bad inside pictures, I can't find any and I can't find that craigslist post.

This post is mostly a joke, unless it's not...

One of the edits: Found the craigslist ad!

Last edited:
If I was running a F450 hauling a 36 footer full of beer from Texarkana to Atlanta on the regular, the cowtown sleeper would be tits! Sadly, I am not. I’m 6’2” but can sleep semi-fetal in the back seat and be pretty comfy on long solo trips across the country. The rake of the rear seats sucks for that, and thought this might be the most economical way to solve the problem. Gonna do some more research, but would love to hear if anyone has experience.

Anyone running a rear seat air mattress for quick naps while on the road? I used to just crawl back there with a blanky, but I’m getting old and have been thinking about this -

View attachment 28813
I've been looking at these with interest, but since I ordered an ARE fiberglass cap I decided to go ahead and order the Airbed from the same company. Unfortunately it's on back order just like the cap. I think I'll like the room of the regular size matrass better.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LFMRWDO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The appeal of this for some commercial drivers may have to do with driving logs. One of you guys that really knows your DOT rules can help me with this, but it is my understanding that to log time in the "sleeper berth" requires that you have a sleeper berth. Think two drivers doing hotshot work with a big trailer. The berth area is defined by certain dimensions. For example, you can't call a reclined passenger seat a sleeper berth. There are minimum space requirements that I don't have time to google at the moment. In any event, this thing looks out of place on a tremor.

The appeal of this for some commercial drivers may have to do with driving logs. One of you guys that really knows your DOT rules can help me with this, but it is my understanding that to log time in the "sleeper berth" requires that you have a sleeper berth. Think two drivers doing hotshot work with a big trailer. The berth area is defined by certain dimensions. For example, you can't call a reclined passenger seat a sleeper berth. There are minimum space requirements that I don't have time to google at the moment. In any event, this thing looks out of place on a tremor.
That would be super interesting. Though I swear I've seen multiple hot shot drivers on YouTube who just sleep in their truck and don't have a dedicated sleeping area. Either on the reclined front seat or on the rear seat.

Definitely not an expert, or even an amateur, when it comes to those requirements, though.

I recall a story, not sure if it was true, where a guy removed the inner door panels on his rear doors on a Ram so as to get the dimension he needed for his berth. I think it also varies depending on whether your truck is a truck or a tractor. If a tractor, you can't run a pickup bed, flatbed or anything, just a hitch. When you start doing serious hotshot work, all the rules get really complicated. Like I think your trailer can only be 40' behind a truck, but can be 53' on a tractor. I think that is why you occasionally see what appears to be a really long trailer behind an F350/450/550 and it will have no bed at all. Just frame rails, mudflaps and a 5th wheel plate. But I am out of my area of expertise....if I even have such an area.

I recall a story, not sure if it was true, where a guy removed the inner door panels on his rear doors on a Ram so as to get the dimension he needed for his berth. I think it also varies depending on whether your truck is a truck or a tractor. If a tractor, you can't run a pickup bed, flatbed or anything, just a hitch. When you start doing serious hotshot work, all the rules get really complicated. Like I think your trailer can only be 40' behind a truck, but can be 53' on a tractor. I think that is why you occasionally see what appears to be a really long trailer behind an F350/450/550 and it will have no bed at all. Just frame rails, mudflaps and a 5th wheel plate. But I am out of my area of expertise....if I even have such an area.
Ohh ya the ones I'm thinking of are non-CDL hotshot, so that could make all the difference.

Cowtown Sleeper anyone? ???. I just learned about these on craigslist yesterday, honestly thought about putting it in the funny pictures and memes because of how it looked on that ad. Somehow I saw another one this morning (also on craigslist) and that is why I'm posting this. I highly doubt any of us will do one of these. They also have ones with more seats... They don't look horrible on the Super Duty though.
View attachment 28834View attachment 28835
View attachment 28836
View attachment 28842
View attachment 28843
View attachment 28844
View attachment 28839
View attachment 28846
View attachment 28837
View attachment 28838
Sorry that there are bad inside pictures, I can't find any and I can't find that craigslist post.

This post is mostly a joke, unless it's not...

One of the edits: Found the craigslist ad!
The old Cowboy Sleepers

Back