Rate my build or make it better

OP should have mentioned he’s in San Diego.

Dying at all of the “add heated X” comments. 😂

My other clarifying question would be: What are you planning on towing?
We currently have a bumper tow trailer that is 7K GVWR and tongue weight of about 900lbs. We are happy with the trailer now, but as the boys get older, will probably get a larger trailer. Most of the models we like now for eventual upgrade are around 8-9K GVWR.

When you delete the carpet, what are you left with in the cab?
definitely yes on carpet delete; there's a thread specifically on that topic and it's actually looks really nice. still has insulation under the rubber so no loss of warmth/coolness and its normal sound deadening. I was expecting it to look like a rental truck, but it's nice!!!!

For the LOL San Diego crowd it really depends if he’s somewhere in SD county or SD city proper. There are plenty of spots near SD that freeze regularly. Toss in drives to Mammoth or Big Bear, etc.

I am not familiar with the Puck System. Is that just 5th wheel prep? Don't plan on having a 5th wheel (I like bumper towing), but in the off chance I change my mind, is that hard or not possible to do later?
Hitch can be dropped in on demand. Without - You've stuck yourself with the rails being bolted into the bed permanently. Also, resale perhaps... Nice to know that you have the option.

Also - CARPET DELETE - no questions!

Another vote for heated steering wheel. Also fifth wheel prep.

Have you considered the F350? You increase your payload significantly making that move. If you've considered the pros and cons, then all good.
My understanding with the Tremor, there isn’t really a difference between the f250 and f350 other than the number on the door (suspension, etc) . Am I wrong in my understanding?

My understanding with the Tremor, there isn’t really a difference between the f250 and f350 other than the number on the door (suspension, etc) . Am I wrong in my understanding?

You are correct.

Given your plans I’d stay away from the F350. The additional GVWR will just be more red tape and fees in CA for no benefit.

I’m from San Diego too!!! Definitely get the carpet delete. This is my first truck with it and I will never have carpet again. So easy to vacuum out quickly and pet hair comes up super quick. And for you non SoCal people, we call it SoCal cold. Meaning you wear a hoodie, but still have shorts on 🤣

I’m from San Diego too!!! Definitely get the carpet delete. This is my first truck with it and I will never have carpet again. So easy to vacuum out quickly and pet hair comes up super quick. And for you non SoCal people, we call it SoCal cold. Meaning you wear a hoodie, but still have shorts on 🤣
I've been known to wear the same thing in Michigan during the winter. Normally no flip flops though, that would just be crazy.

I just ordered my F250 Tremor. Been a long time coming, and I am excited to be graduating from my F150 and able to tow my trailer with more confidence. Here is what I ordered:
  • F250 Lariat in carbonized gray - 7.3L V8 4.3 ratio
  • Lariat sport appearance package
  • Lariat ultimate package
  • Ultimate trailer tow camera system and pro trailer backup assist
  • Upfitter switches
  • Adaptive cruise control
  • Ford spray-in bedliner
  • Quad beam LED lights
  • Adaptive steering system
Did I miss anything a seasoned Tremor owner would recommend? Any guesses on where my Payload will land?

Payload probably somewhere around 2700 with those options for a 250, maybe a little more.
See if you can test drive a truck with adaptive steering. Some like it, some don't.
Anyone can reconfigure your truck to their own tastes, but it's all you really.
I'd ditch the carpet too.
I'd also ditch half of your options, and add the diesel in SoCal for long distance driving/towing, plus I'd add the 5th wheel prep, just for resale value

Payload probably somewhere around 2700 with those options for a 250, maybe a little more.
See if you can test drive a truck with adaptive steering. Some like it, some don't.
Anyone can reconfigure your truck to their own tastes, but it's all you really.
I'd ditch the carpet too.
I'd also ditch half of your options, and add the diesel in SoCal for long distance driving/towing, plus I'd add the 5th wheel prep, just for resale value
Appreciate the suggestion…..thought long and hard about the diesel option.

With all of of CA crazy EPA requirements and fuel taxes, it would take me a long to time to pay back a Diesel engine that I don’t really need for my towing. Also, with all the traffic in SoCal, my around town trips would be rough on a diesel - wouldn’t get pushed as often as it would like to keep it clean.

I've been known to wear the same thing in Michigan during the winter. Normally no flip flops though, that would just be crazy.
Unless I am just taking the dog out quickly...

Another vote for heated steering wheel. Also fifth wheel prep.

Have you considered the F350? You increase your payload significantly making that move. If you've considered the pros and cons, then all good.
Cali rapes people over 10K GVWR

Given your plans I’d stay away from the F350. The additional GVWR will just be more red tape and fees in CA for no benefit.
This is exactly why I went the 250 route with mine. 2720lbs payload is more than adequate for my plans - current and future.

An F250 7.3L Tremor has 10k GVWR and 24.9K GCWR. This minimizes any legalities in states with more strict registration/licensing regulations for things like >10k GVWR or 26K GCWR, etc. The key in this scenario, for me, is that the payload will work and I never will get into a legality issue with the door sticker. I realize I have a larger factor of safety there due to commonality with the F350 but I don't ever intend on exceeding it. It really was the perfect scenario for me since I do like the aesthetics of the Tremor. I started out with a non-Tremor F350 but this ended up being less money overall, although I did remove some options so it was not apples - apples.

Back