QC Failures and POLL

Have you had a QC issue with your truck?

• Yes

Votes: 40 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 41 50.6%

• Total voters
how does this pass QC

The enormous backlog and acres and acres of lots full of unfinished trucks needing to go out. They're playing the laws of averages. The reality is that most people aren't that picky or have that great of attention to detail. Even if they do notice, now many people are actually going to go through the pain in the ass of having a brand new vehicle fixed for minor issues?

At least you got paint. Here's my "contribution" (missing paint below lower right corner of window). The dealer said they see a lot of this and even have a standing order with the local body shop to deal with these types of issues.

I looked around the back window and behind the top edge, there's a roughly 1/8" band of unpainted metal just above the seal between the window and the truck cab. The green primer is there but it's almost like they masked the window opening off before painting - which seems weird because I thought the bodies were bare when they went through paint.

We should start a "QC Fails" thread so everyone can post their photos of shame...

Attachments

• Paint.jpg
    Paint.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 196
I have 3 paint defects. Two where they painted over something and one with the clear coat that's about 2" by 2". All on the driver's side. I have yet to have it fixed. Want to enjoy for a little while first.

My windshield was scratched in couple places..I usually catch a rock or 2 a year and have to get it replaced so not worried about it...Dealership did more damage putting the winch on than it came from the factory..there were a couple small scratches in the paint that is not worth wasting my time getting fixed. At the end of the day it's a truck, I already scratched the bumper myself on a fence post...I dont drive trailer queens...not worried about paint.

The locking hub on one side had a pretty significant gouge in it. I saw it at the time of pick up but it mostly concealed behind the lug center cap. I decided I'd live with it then let the dealership techs mess around with it. Plus I got a steep discount and I was from way out of town making a day trip to pick up the truck so i didn't want to burn a lot of time on it.

The only birth defect my truck had was that my steering wheel was not straight…..took me 10 minutes to straighten ‘cause I didn’t want to wait for it to go back to service.
Everything else was very close to perfect.

Noticed my driver's door is not aligned and has a gap at the top. I also had interior trim not installed correctly. Who knows what else is wrong, but these are the only things I've noticed.
Same thing for my pickup. It is annoying as hell, especially considering the wind noise and squeak I get from it not being tight enough against the rubber seal. The easy fix is to thread 3/8" surgical tubing through the entire rubber seal but that is actually a pain in the ass. I'll probably have to take the pickup in and go through the bullshit debate on getting them to align and tighten the door.

Same thing for my pickup. It is annoying as hell, especially considering the wind noise and squeak I get from it not being tight enough against the rubber seal. The easy fix is to thread 3/8" surgical tubing through the entire rubber seal but that is actually a pain in the ass. I'll probably have to take the pickup in and go through the bullshit debate on getting them to align and tighten the door.
Yeah it sucks, I debated on taking it to the bodyshop for repair but my last experience at a Ford bodyshop local to me was less than ideal. Had to argue with the asshole reinstalling my interior trim pieces because he made a mess in my truck and was trying to rip pieces apart out of order and almost broke additional panels.

Yes, I’ve had a problem with my truck upon delivery. I was told by my dealer that the rear bumper got hit and chipped the paint. He offered me 2 options:

1. Repaint the bumper.
2. Replace the bumper.

After I saw the chips that he pointed out I started to look at the rear bumper much closer. I noticed only the passenger side corner was tweaked and I told him to replace the whole thing. I’m not spending this kind of money for a truck to have the bumper band-aided with a new re-spray.

But while driving around town, I pulled up next to another tremor. White lariat blackout diesel. While sitting in traffic I noticed the same exact tweak in his rear bumper corner as mine. It got me wondering what’s goin on with it.

With the small damage associated with the chips on mine, I find it hard to believe the truck got hit that hard to tweak the bumper this much and not damage any other part of the bumper. The paint is perfect everywhere else, the plastic is totally perfect as well.

End of the story is that mine is getting replaced and re-aligned regardless because that’s what my dealership agreed to do with it, but still frustrating.

Anybody else have this?

Attachments

• 50200A81-1FFA-43AA-9860-CAE307E926FB.jpeg
    50200A81-1FFA-43AA-9860-CAE307E926FB.jpeg
    404.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 0E068A41-1559-4F29-AC1A-F79B5BBFC92E.jpeg
    0E068A41-1559-4F29-AC1A-F79B5BBFC92E.jpeg
    459 KB · Views: 117
  • CAD4F570-C540-4EC5-87DC-E8FEFB8D6770.jpeg
    CAD4F570-C540-4EC5-87DC-E8FEFB8D6770.jpeg
    343.1 KB · Views: 118
Back