Project HeyFool

HeyFool

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F-350 6.7 Diesel Tremor
Still new here and barely had my truck for a month. Already starting to look at projects for it. I plan to do most the work myself if I can.

Big projects planned
  1. Install Ford Performance Winch by Warn (Will install myself thanks to the forums awesome help)
  2. Carli E-Venture 2.5 suspension fully loaded.
  3. Front grill light bar or Baja design lights
  4. Rear back up lights
  5. Air system
  6. Maybe train horn
  7. Then who knows…will get inspired from this great group of people

Got an insane deal on the winch from http://LevittownFordParts.com with 30% off. My local dealer in Cali couldn’t even come close. Was asking about $5k for kit and install. Got it for $2,417. Took about a month to get, but worth the savings. Gonna install it myself this month

0F62F711-5369-4923-A7C9-6C05CA835988.jpeg

Just setup an install date for my Carli E-Venture suspension for end of February with CJC off road (Earliest install date at the moment). Just need to think about wheels and tires. Deciding if I want to do it all at once or later. The Toyos are my top pick from other reviews, plus I had them on my F-150 and loved them.

The install was actually fun and not that hard. It took me about 5 hours. I was taking my time and had some issues getting the bumper back on. The most difficult part was getting the bumper to fit right after installing the winch. The winch control box was blocking my holes from an error on my part. I’ll post the electrical install tomorrow. Should have the winch project all completed by then.

I followed the instructions from ford and the Install video from ARod

CCF9BE27-A0D4-4AE5-8F8C-8CE85D6051A6.jpeg

I used a motorcycle scissor lift to keep the winch in place while I bolted it to the brackets on the truck.
ACB54C50-50F3-4BE3-99D8-DC5A0CFDC5BE.jpeg

482041DE-6819-4FEA-87E5-B206BE57596D.jpeg

A0214A72-9A57-4A50-8DE4-1891C7D3412E.jpeg

I installed the middle trim back, but had to make cuts to the columns to fit the winch faceplate. I think it looks clean and I am happy with the install.
1A008B9B-478E-4CE1-BEA4-72CFA5F51B43.jpeg

3CA8E8FF-5A28-4681-BDB2-4435239A4E53.jpeg

Beautiful truck ..!!

Interesting. My winch was installed without using any of the Up-Fitter Switches ..
Yeah the factory install sheet says to wire it directly to the battery. Honestly, it's probably overkill, but wanted the extra security in only allowing power to the winch with an up fitter switch activated.

Completed my Winch install. Here is my wiring setup. I ran the winch hot and neutral lines up on the front of the drivers side by the windshield washer fluid. I installed the solenoid to interrupt the power to the winch with an upfitter switch in the back right of the drivers side engine compartment. Everything is wired to the drivers side battery. I have one wire wrapped in a black tubbing for protection and for a more factory look. It runs along the top of the engine bay to the up fitter connection by the passenger side battery.

Completed wiring engine bay winch line Large.png

Drivers side battery connection for winch power and solenoid Large.png

Winch Solenoid installed Large.png

Pulling winch wire to drivers side battery Large.png

Winch Power interupter solenoid for upfitterswitch wired up Large.png

Upfitter Swtich Engine bay connections Large.png

Upfitter winch connection engine bay Large.png

Warn Winch with remote Large.png

Overview video of my winch wiring to up fitter switch

Is it just me or is that winch line thicker than stock (3/8”)?

Is it just me or is that winch line thicker than stock (3/8”)?
I think it’s just the camera angle. I didn’t change the winch line. Same that came from the kit

Can you please share with us the solenoid or relay you used? Was is something like this attached screenshot?
Screenshot_20221229-082744.png

Last edited:
nice install!

Went with Baja Designs Fog light kit. I went with the SAE Ambers that will be wired to my factory fog light switch and then the clear for the inner lights that are connected to an upfitter switch. This install was a little more time consuming, but worth it. I real like the end result. Will post that next.
Baja Designs Fog light kit superduty 2022.jpeg

Dewalt Impact wrench working on F-350.jpeg

The Dewalt 20 volt Impact wrench made this job a lot easier and had no issues removing the bumper bracket bolts.

Back