Progressive Spring Packs on Tremors

As this is a Tremor forum and I just have a poor mans F250 and couldnt possibly fathom the awesomeness of owing one
Dont get it twisted. The discussion has do with measurements and geometry of a tremor, i dont care what you’re driving and i cant speak for every other Superduty and what the progressive leafs would do its height.

You sir must have a different experience than most. I see alot of guys in the thread i posted that have had the ass end raised up. Mine did as well (however mine isnt a tremor) I have a 2017 fx4. So with yours not raising the rear seems a bit off.
When my truck was done and sat "dead level" (and actually 1" lower than my OEM springs when measured to the bottom of the trailer hitch) I was a bit surprised - Cody at CJC told me this was the "revised/updated" spring pack for the Tremor - looking to get the dead level look - prior versions had held the A$$ end of the truck up higher by 1" - 1.5" or so - in fact he offered to get a earlier set from Carli for me and swap mine out if I wanted to make the change. I decided to stick with the level look, which I like.

Those prior to March 2022 install would have the raised style rear springs with more arch in the pack resuling in higer rear end and trucks after March of 2022 likely have what I have and @Alpoba has on his truck - so you can have two trucks, different iterations of the spring pack and have different outcome in the height of the rear.

All in all, those with the level look bend can add a 1" to 2.5" block in the back and get the desired rake. Those with the older style don't have the option to drop the rear, it is what it is once the bend is set into the spring pack.

Last edited:
When my truck was done and sat "dead level" (and actually 1" lower than my OEM springs when measured to the bottom of the trailer hitch) I was a bit surprised - Cody at CJC told me this was the "revised/updated" spring pack for the Tremor - looking to get the dead level look - prior versions had held the A$$ end of the truck up higher by 1" - 1.5" or so - in fact he offered to get a earlier set from Carli for me and swap mine out if I wanted to make the change. I decided to stick with the level look, which I like.

Those prior to March 2022 install would have the raised style rear springs with more arch in the pack resuling in higer rear end and trucks after March of 2022 likely have what I have and @Alpoba has on his truck - so you can have two trucks, different iterations of the spring pack and have different outcome in the height of the rear.

All in all, shose with the level look bend can add a 1" to 2.5" block in the back and get the desired rake. Those with the older style don't have the option to drop the rear, it is what it is once the bend is set into the spring pack.
That is a bunch of good information and helpful. I wonder if it is just for the tremor package? Since they are the same as the others.
@Alpoba not getting it twisted i was just being a smart ass. As supercup said even people with the same exact truck can have different outcomes.

That is a bunch of good information and helpful. I wonder if it is just for the tremor package? Since they are the same as the others.
@Alpoba not getting it twisted i was just being a smart ass. As supercup said even people with the same exact truck can have different outcomes.
I don't think the spring pack change I noted was specific to Tremor - it is for the "package" from Carli - so regardless of Tremor or non Tremor - I would expect similar outcomes on non-tremor trucks when compared to non-tremor trucks and Tremor trucks to Tremor trucks as far as rear height changes go. But ont 100% sure on that - CJC would know the answer!

It makes me feel better to read these posts. I've spent days, weeks even, trying to figure out what the progressive springs do to the tremors. Every post I've read was a different answer. CJC didn't even have a solid answer. Carli has sent my 15 calls to voice mail so I've given up on that avenue.

I think the approach is to bite the bullet and see what results I get.

I get it, we’re here to help others not get confrontational. These systems are complicated and educating oneself is really important. Also, picking a qualified installer is just as important, as i ended up chasing multiple issues before i finally got the pintop to a perfectly tuned state. I could have avoided all of the issues if from the get go i went with the shop that knew what they are doing. If something is not installed precisely to spec, or adjusted to compensate for minor deviations based on Carli’s recommendation, the truck will ride worst than stock. Geometry issues are tricky to figure out and have a huge effect on ride quality.

@idrivea2022tremor try to get a hold off @BLACKCHERRY and have him
confirm that your setup will work. Better safe than sorry.

It makes me feel better to read these posts. I've spent days, weeks even, trying to figure out what the progressive springs do to the tremors. Every post I've read was a different answer. CJC didn't even have a solid answer. Carli has sent my 15 calls to voice mail so I've given up on that avenue.

I think the approach is to bite the bullet and see what results I get.
Given your goals stated in your original post - the commuter seems like the place to start to me- then after you put that on - if you need a better ride in rear do the full progressive springs and if the front still feels too stiff add the torsion sway bar - you can do it in steps and see what each step adds and/or takes away.

The Back Country will give you similar outcome, better shocks and more control towing - but a lot more $$$$ - and likely will not ride as good. So if ride quality is your # goal - Commuter seems like a good place to start.

GL finding right set up for you.

I get it, we’re here to help others not get confrontational. These systems are complicated and educating oneself is really important. Also, picking a qualified installer is just as important, as i ended up chasing multiple issues before i finally got the pintop to a perfectly tuned state. I could have avoided all of the issues if from the get go i went with the shop that knew what they are doing. If something is not installed precisely to spec, or adjusted to compensate for minor deviations based on Carli’s recommendation, the truck will ride worst than stock. Geometry issues are tricky to figure out and have a huge effect on ride quality.

@idrivea2022tremor try to get a hold off @BLACKCHERRY and have him
confirm that your setup will work. Better safe than sorry.
I'm pretty easy to get a hold of if you have questions :)

I'm pretty easy to get a hold of if you have questions :)
OP mentioned above 15 calls to Carli that went to voicemail so i figured he might have better luck just trying to reach you directly😉

OP mentioned above 15 calls to Carli that went to voicemail so i figured he might have better luck just trying to reach you directly😉
Yeah, we're working to get more people on the phones over here but it's a long process to get people smarter on our product line than the customers calling in. That said, with Tyler (the main guy on the phones over here) at SEMA, I'm returning all calls this week but we work almost exclusively off voicemail. That said, we're returning calls within 24 hours - emails within a few hours.

Scaling is tough right now, especially as the economy normalizes and demand pulls back; that said, we have a large, educated retailer network to be able to handle most of this inquiries and, for direct calls, we have something in the works to be able to better handle inbound call volume.

Yeah, we're working to get more people on the phones over here but it's a long process to get people smarter on our product line than the customers calling in. That said, with Tyler (the main guy on the phones over here) at SEMA, I'm returning all calls this week but we work almost exclusively off voicemail. That said, we're returning calls within 24 hours - emails within a few hours.

Scaling is tough right now, especially as the economy normalizes and demand pulls back; that said, we have a large, educated retailer network to be able to handle most of this inquiries and, for direct calls, we have something in the works to be able to better handle inbound call volume.
The labor market is a nightmare. Skilled or otherwise. I struggle finding staff for my business, too.

I think I've settled on a direction for my truck. I wasn't sure which direction to go. I've heard great things about the progressives in terms of ride quality but wasn't really looking to do a whole suspension change. That idea was kind of put to rest given the Tremor shocks aren't really designed for the progressive spring style. Given the 500$ difference between the Commuter and the Backcountry I think I'm just going to get the backcountry with the progressive spring pack. The lift in the front isn't required, for my needs, but it's not a deal breaker.

I would eventually like to get wider wheels/tires, not necessarily taller. One of the FT.com members pointed me to a shop in Temecula so I'm working with them on a quote. There's another shop in El Cajon I'm going to look at too.

The labor market is a nightmare. Skilled or otherwise. I struggle finding staff for my business, too.

I think I've settled on a direction for my truck. I wasn't sure which direction to go. I've heard great things about the progressives in terms of ride quality but wasn't really looking to do a whole suspension change. That idea was kind of put to rest given the Tremor shocks aren't really designed for the progressive spring style. Given the 500$ difference between the Commuter and the Backcountry I think I'm just going to get the backcountry with the progressive spring pack. The lift in the front isn't required, for my needs, but it's not a deal breaker.

I would eventually like to get wider wheels/tires, not necessarily taller. One of the FT.com members pointed me to a shop in Temecula so I'm working with them on a quote. There's another shop in El Cajon I'm going to look at too.
Hicken Motorsports in South Corona is who works on my personal rig - definitly give them a ring. They stock Carli, as well!

Hicken Motorsports in South Corona is who works on my personal rig - definitly give them a ring. They stock Carli, as well!
They are RIGHT across the street from my brother's house. Will definitely reach out.

Ordered a setup for my truck. The last question I have, at the moment, is the rear brake lines. I know the fronts will be replaced with stainless. Was wondering if anyone had their rears replaced at the same time? Figure if the brakes are being bled may as well do them all. If so, where did your purchase your rear set?

@BLACKCHERRY Does Carli make a set for the rears?

Back