Pricing on F250 tremors

His current pricing can also be combined with discounts and pco.
Well thats up to the dealer they may have already priced those in

You can use xplan even if you have already ordered. Let me know if you want the truck built on the xplan site to give you the invoice price.
I'll take you up on that for my 2021 im about to Build/ Order!

Well thats up to the dealer they may have already priced those in
When you agree on a price(Msrp, invoice, so much under) prior to order it is always assumed that incentives when the truck arrives will be added to the deal.
Edit: Yes the dealer will make more in an xplan sale than a invoice sale.

This should be common knowledge. Which makes 500 back of invoice better than Xplan.

When you agree on a price(Msrp, invoice, so much under) prior to order it is always assumed that incentives when the truck arrives will be added to the deal.

This should be common knowledge. Which makes 500 back of invoice better than Xplan.
So why wouldn’t the deal be X-Plan less applicable customer rebates/incentives? If not, why would there be incentives specifically associated with X-Plan? If so, $500 less than invoice is not necessarily a better deal unless the rebate/incentive in question did not apply when using X-Plan. The X-plan price on any truck with an invoice price greater than $69,000 is going to be less than invoice.

Last edited:

The x plan formula is Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + $275. Or more simply stated .4% under invoice plus a $275 fee.

Bubzilla is right on. On a truck that invoices for $70k, x plan ends up being $5 below invoice. Doc fees are capped at $100 with x plan so this is where you need to do the math. For example, using the $70k invoice, $500 below invoice is not a better deal if doc fees are over $495. With the extra $500 x plan rebate currently offered, $500 below is definitely not a better deal.

Something else to consider is did the dealer use any eligible rebates to get to the below invoice pricing that would have gotten added on to the x plan price since most all public and private offers stack on the x plan price?

Last edited:

I just think that is a big assumption from my experiences dealing with dealers. and my experiences directly align with Pig9r.

I'm in Maryland and this comes up on the first page after I log into X Plan site.
View attachment 18017

this should be on top of the $250 rebate.
Yes, I get the same login screen when I go into the X plan site. However, when I do build and price via the X plan site, the summary does NOT show the additional $500 bonus cash. It doesn't even mention the program # in the fine print on the summary. It ONLY lists the $250 Customer cash back program (# 13884). I'm going to ask at the Dealer today when I go, but I'm not sure what's going on. The poster above who posted a screenshot of the X plan pricing summary clearly shows the AZXD plan discount of $500 and the program #. That never shows for me.

First dealer I went to would not honor my x-plan on a lot truck due to “demand” (truck has been on the lot for at least 30 days). I went directly to the owner of another dealer and was able to order my build, no down payment, agreed price at $500 under invoice without x-plan.

So why wouldn’t the deal be X-Plan less applicable customer rebates/incentives? If not, why would there be incentives specifically associated with X-Plan? If so, $500 less than invoice is not necessarily a better deal unless the rebate/incentive in question did not apply when using X-Plan. The X-plan price on any truck with an invoice price greater than $69,000 is going to be less than invoice.

Invoice and xplan are basically the same price plus or minus a couple hundred dollars.

The x plan formula is Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + $275. Or more simply stated .4% under invoice plus a $275 fee.

Bubzilla is right on. On a truck that invoices for $70k, x plan ends up being $5 below invoice. Doc fees are capped at $100 with x plan so this is where you need to do the math. For example, using the $70k invoice, $500 below invoice is not a better deal if doc fees are over $495. With the extra $500 x plan rebate currently offered, $500 below is definitely not a better deal.

Something else to consider is did the dealer use any eligible rebates to get to the below invoice pricing that would have gotten added on to the x plan price since most all public and private offers stack on the x plan price?
Again you’re quibbling over a couple hundred dollars on a 70k + vehicle. At 70k the .4% is a $280 saving eating up by the 275 fee. Again it’s mute.

Is this 500 bonus on xplan available nation wide? I’ve never seen it before.

Dealer agree to invoice price. When truck comes in you get invoice plus rebates avails when truck arrives.
Dealer agrees to xplan. Same thing you get xplan and rebates available when truck arrives.

Only difference is dealer will make more on the xplan because they get a kickback from Ford.
How do you get xplan if you already have a membership? Do you sign up for 2?

Who in the hell pays a $500 doc fee?

I just think that is a big assumption from my experiences dealing with dealers. and my experiences directly align with Pig9r.
I’m not sure why you would even talk to dealers that you don’t trust. I almost exclusively work with dealer owners of small town dealerships The price is the price their word is their word.

I have not purchased a lot of new vehicles about 12 in total along with 2 xplan purchases(I never signed up for any membership either). Each case price minus rebates when the vehicle arrives.

It is X Plan price minus whatever rebates are available at the time, which can work to you getting a nice price below invoice, especially if you have a PCO to add on. So you would get X Plan - rebates - PCO = nice discount.
I understand that there is also the ability for the dealer to mark the order as "protected" so you would get whatever rebates are in place at the time of order if you are worried about them being less when the truck is delivered. I haven't tried that "protection" thing yet, but this is what I was told by a salesman could be done when I expressed concern about losing good rebates over time after the order was placed.

There aren't many Tremors on the lots in my area and the last dealer that had a few kept crying about the demand for them, yet 4 of them had been sitting on their lot for almost 3 months at the time. They didn't want to deal on them at all, so X-Plan looks like my best option at this point.

Dealer "fee" in my area is $500, so knocking them down to $100 through X-Plan also makes me feel a little better since they have to do paperwork to sell the truck and they have that labor cost built into their overhead already.

Any special tricks to boost your odds of getting a PCO? I went to shop.ford.com and filled out the form that I assume gets shared out to dealers letting them know youre looking for an f250 tremor.

Are there any other ways to increase your odds? Also, what should one expect if they do receive a PCO? Is it an email, and does it look legit? If so do you just print it out and redeem it when you go to pickup your truck?

I worked with the Fleet Manager at my dealer and the special order process was painless and stress-free. He gave me $1100 under invoice (NOT MSRP) and honored my PCO after it expired, plus the $250 rebate that was available at the time. This was on a $79K MSRP Lariat Ultimate / Lariat Black diesel truck, so the deal was much better than X-Plan or Costco. There were no dealer add-on fees and he even removed the document fee and dealer inventory tax, which saved me another $300. To top it off, he had the truck delivered to my house 245 miles away at no additional charge.

I did the entire deal over email with only a single phone call when I placed the order, just so he knew I was a real person. I did not give them a deposit and I never set foot in the dealership. I did not finance through them and I had no trade-in, so there was no money to be made on the "other" side of the deal.

I highly recommend talking to the Fleet Manager of any dealership to avoid the salesman BS.

I worked with the Fleet Manager at my dealer and the special order process was painless and stress-free. He gave me $1100 under invoice (NOT MSRP) and honored my PCO after it expired, plus the $250 rebate that was available at the time. This was on a $79K MSRP Lariat Ultimate / Lariat Black diesel truck, so the deal was much better than X-Plan or Costco. There were no dealer add-on fees and he even removed the document fee and dealer inventory tax, which saved me another $300. To top it off, he had the truck delivered to my house 245 miles away at no additional charge.

I did the entire deal over email with only a single phone call when I placed the order, just so he knew I was a real person. I did not give them a deposit and I never set foot in the dealership. I did not finance through them and I had no trade-in, so there was no money to be made on the "other" side of the deal.

I highly recommend talking to the Fleet Manager of any dealership to avoid the salesman BS.
See......I told you all the PCO's were going to people in Texas :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good point on the fleet manager. My company has bought a whole fleet of Ford trucks so it might be good for me to ask the guy at my company for a referral to whichever dealer they are buying through. I can already get X-Plan, but if I can get a better deal than that, well that's all just the better.

See......I told you all the PCO's were going to people in Texas :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good point on the fleet manager. My company has bought a whole fleet of Ford trucks so it might be good for me to ask the guy at my company for a referral to whichever dealer they are buying through. I can already get X-Plan, but if I can get a better deal than that, well that's all just the better.

Good luck. I tried a couple of fleet managers and they laughed at me and insisted $2k over invoice is the only way they can make money. Took X plan to a local small dealer that was more than happy to get the truck order in.

I have owned several Ford Performance Vehicles, so it might have been from past purchases. But either way, I was happy to put the extra $2500 towards my aftermarket parts getting installed this week. :cool:

Any special tricks to boost your odds of getting a PCO? I went to shop.ford.com and filled out the form that I assume gets shared out to dealers letting them know youre looking for an f250 tremor.

Are there any other ways to increase your odds? Also, what should one expect if they do receive a PCO? Is it an email, and does it look legit? If so do you just print it out and redeem it when you go to pickup your truck?
I have no good suggestions for success on the PCO front. I have tried everything mentioned in the PCO thread and still don't have one yet. I called Ford marketing twice already and they don't show anything for me. I've built and saved multiple trucks on the Ford site. I've clicked on a ton of ads. I've filled out the popups for contacting a dealer about particular trucks I've looked at. I test drove a Tremor at a local dealer (they didn't want to bargain on the price). I've clicked on all the links people have supplied in the PCO thread. Nothing yet for me. But I bet you a dollar to a donut that if I order a truck, they will send me 6 PCO's two weeks after I take delivery.

A friend has gotten PCO's in his email, regular mail, and on the FordPass app on his phone. I haven't found the magical formula for success yet.

Check out the PCO thread on this forum. People have been pretty good about posting up info when they have it.

Good luck. I tried a couple of fleet managers and they laughed at me and insisted $2k over invoice is the only way they can make money. Took X plan to a local small dealer that was more than happy to get the truck order in.
I guess I got lucky! I used the Ford dealer and Fleet Manager recommended by several members here, and his pricing was exactly as I was told.

I've got a personal referral to a sales manager at a local dealership from a guy that has bought a car lot full of vehicles from them. I'm holding that as my last card to play. I know that they will take my X-Plan if that's the final route I have to go.

I'm gonna ask the fleet guy at my company next and see what happens.

I'm anxious to see what happens in a few days when Truck Month starts.

What are the order site(s) I can go to check status. My dealer said they would update me as it changes but of course I want to psychotically check myself as well lol.

Latest Discussions

Back