PPF Film Advice

I feel the same exact way, no matter what anyone uses to justify 7-10K to cover their truck in film.
I'm really wanting to do it, but I agree, it's stupid money. I have this stuff on my phone screen and it is incredible how it heals itself.

I will kick myself square in the nuts for saying this out loud and not getting a patent first, but why don't they just put the same polymers in the self healing film directly into the automotive paint?

I'm really wanting to do it, but I agree, it's stupid money. I have this stuff on my phone screen and it is incredible how it heals itself.

I will kick myself square in the nuts for saying this out loud and not getting a patent first, but why don't they just put the same polymers in the self healing film directly into the automotive paint?
They have. I believe Nissan was the first manufacturer to use it.

So much for the royalties…..😂

Can I get the name of the shop. I’d like to get a quote so the shop locally to me can price match.
Executive Motorsports @ 1208 Gessner Rd. Houston, TX 77055
Talk to Peter (713) 467-7000 and mention Lance sent you as you have an F-250 as well.

May also not hurt to mention you are just wanting a quote to price-match. Not sure.

Executive Motorsports @ 1208 Gessner Rd. Houston, TX 77055
Talk to Peter (713) 467-7000 and mention Lance sent you as you have an F-250 as well.

May also not hurt to mention you are just wanting a quote to price-match. Not sure.
Much appreciated

Those are totally insane prices, you could repaint the truck for less.
I got a similar quote from xpel. It’s very pricey! I originally wanted to have it done, but decided 10 years down the road I could have the truck repainted for about that price.

My quote to do the Full Front (Hood, Fenders, Mirror Caps) was $1,099 + $100 to wrap the edges vs cut to the edge. That was here in Houston, however they charged me an extra $150 to do the headlights (which I did yesterday when I had them do the full Ceramic Tint).

Those prices is for SunTek film vs XPEL, not a huge price/quality diff from my research and most importantly, the shop is less than 2mi. from my house and they do warranty work on their stuff no questions asked. I have not looked to see if SunTek does a Stealth Film though.

They re-did the entire front bumper on my Sierra Denali bc water was getting under the film around the fog light housings. IMO, even if the product is not superior, if its cheaper and 5yr warranty covers any issues with the film w/ a simple replacement, that's still a win right?
Who did you use, I am thinking about Tint World in Katy They quoted me $1800 for partial hood, partial fenders, front bumber then for ceramic over entire truck.. Any thoughts???

Who did you use, I am thinking about Tint World in Katy They quoted me $1800 for partial hood, partial fenders, front bumber then for ceramic over entire truck.. Any thoughts???
I solely use Houston PPF.

I solely use Houston PPF.
Houston PPF did my wife's Aviator as that's who Floodwater Customs trusts to do the installs if it requires any larger roles (like for most full hoods). They do great work!

This quote was from Executive Motorsports @ 1208 Gessner Rd. Houston, TX 77055 @Momma’s Trim! They did my GMC and it came out great and the one issue I did have they fixed for me, for free, no questions asked. Even if Houston PPF my be a tad better on some of the more difficult stuff, its tough to beat Executive Motorsports' price and customer service!

Back