Popping Sound?

well it looks like the issue is resolved with a new fuel pump. This is important to get fixed.
I’m going to have to listen to mine when I get back to it, but I believe I heard that exact noise when I was “dry sumping” my lower fuel filter housing to fill it back up. I’m sure it could sound like that as the initial air is being purged from the housing, so a check tonight should answer my questions. Oh man I hope I’m not dealing with this crap. Thanks for the post. ??

I’m going to have to listen to mine when I get back to it, but I believe I heard that exact noise when I was “dry sumping” my lower fuel filter housing to fill it back up. I’m sure it could sound like that as the initial air is being purged from the housing, so a check tonight should answer my questions. Oh man I hope I’m not dealing with this crap. Thanks for the post. ??
I checked the sound of my fuel pump, and it sounds normal so I think I’m good. Unfortunately it’s now going to be another thing to check periodically.

Mine pops, clicks, knocks, often some panting like a dog, and occasionally even squawks like a bird. All seems normal for a 6.7.
Ditto. The crow calls actually makes me laugh. I don't even pay attention to all the other funny noises. ?

Ditto. The crow calls actually makes me laugh. I don't even pay attention to all the other funny noises. ?
My 6.7 started gurgling around the DEF area today. I’m going to do my best to ignore it based off of other comments on here.

My 6.7 started gurgling around the DEF area today. I’m going to do my best to ignore it based off of other comments on here.
I watched a video recently showing that the fuel pump is what is actually making this noise. I would not ignore the noise. I would worry about the fuel system on these diesels if that pump is having issues.

I watched a video recently showing that the fuel pump is what is actually making this noise. I would not ignore the noise. I would worry about the fuel system on these diesels if that pump is having issues.
It doesn’t sound like it’s coming from the fuel pump. Mine sounds more like a gurgling sound and seems to be coming from the DEF tank area. It’s only for a few seconds during startup and I can’t get it to replicate when I only hit the start button without depressing the brake pedal. I can hear the fuel pump running at that time without the noise of the engine and it sounds perfectly normal. I guess my comment was based of of later posts and not necessarily the same as the OP. Sorry for any confusion.

It doesn’t sound like it’s coming from the fuel pump. Mine sounds more like a gurgling sound and seems to be coming from the DEF tank area. It’s only for a few seconds during startup and I can’t get it to replicate when I only hit the start button without depressing the brake pedal. I can hear the fuel pump running at that time without the noise of the engine and it sounds perfectly normal. I guess my comment was based of of later posts and not necessarily the same as the OP. Sorry for any confusion.
It is cool. I just want to make sure everyone knows what is happening. Here is the video.

Back