Pheasant XLT Tremor Build

IMPRESSIVE!

Comment: The seat heater installation was disappointing to see. I can't imagine how much you would have had to fight for an inspection at the dealer if you said "My passenger says their right leg does not feel warm.".

Questions:

* What do you do for a living? Were your vehicle craft skills something you learned as a trade or picked up along the way?

* You mentioned that the fogs are plug and play. Is there any sort of aiming that you have to do or do they basically snap (or screw) into the holes in the bumper. Any pictures (I have a Lariat non-LED arriving in a couple of weeks which is why I ask) of the install?

* What did you have to do to make the LED head and taillights work? I get it that one needs the bulb and housing, but what else is required upstream of the connector to the bulb? Do you need any new electronics or wiring? Since the LED headlamps include a DRL, I was not sure if a new wire would be needed or if the existing plug is standard and the non-LED housing just lacks a connection for the DRL.

* Oh yea, is that your Hummer in one of the photos? I guess that would mean the Tremor is your light duty vehicle??

Awesome job and thanks for sharing!

How much for the headlamps? I’m assuming you went through a dealer.
LED headlights were purchased from Tasca Parts. They're $1090 ea, plus $120 for ea LED module, plus a conversion harness and forscan programming.

Can you do a heated raptor steering wheel without a heated steering wheel lariat Tremor?
Yes, as long as you do not have the electronic assist steering package.

Boosted Grey goose designs sells a harness to to make the paddle shifters work, and they also sell a harness to make the heated wheel work, the heated wheel requires forscan programming to enable the button on sync 3

IMPRESSIVE!

Comment: The seat heater installation was disappointing to see. I can't imagine how much you would have had to fight for an inspection at the dealer if you said "My passenger says their right leg does not feel warm.".

Questions:

* What do you do for a living? Were your vehicle craft skills something you learned as a trade or picked up along the way?

* You mentioned that the fogs are plug and play. Is there any sort of aiming that you have to do or do they basically snap (or screw) into the holes in the bumper. Any pictures (I have a Lariat non-LED arriving in a couple of weeks which is why I ask) of the install?

* What did you have to do to make the LED head and taillights work? I get it that one needs the bulb and housing, but what else is required upstream of the connector to the bulb? Do you need any new electronics or wiring? Since the LED headlamps include a DRL, I was not sure if a new wire would be needed or if the existing plug is standard and the non-LED housing just lacks a connection for the DRL.

* Oh yea, is that your Hummer in one of the photos? I guess that would mean the Tremor is your light duty vehicle??

Awesome job and thanks for sharing!

Thanks, I work in production video for a living. As far as vehicles, I just can't leave my vehicles stock so I've learned to work on them and modify them to my liking.

There is no aiming on the fog lights that I can see. They mount to the bumper and there are pre-aimed via plastic mold. There are 4 bolts that hold the fog light in two on top and two on bottom, The bezel is plastic clipped in. Once the fog light is out you can pop the bezel out.

LED headlights require the complete lights with LED module. They are not plug and play, they do require a conversion harness. I purchased my harness from Black Flame Customs for about $400. The harness needs to be pinned to the BCM for the LINE BUS to work so the BCM knows that it has LED headlights. They also require Forscan programming to enable the LED headlight features.

LED tail lights, I have not done yet, but it's on my to do list. A harness is required for this as well, there are a few people that sell harnesses online for this application.

Yes, I do have a Humvee, being a 1 and a 1/4 ton truck I guess that makes my 3/4 ton Tremor a light duty by comparison, lol. Never thought of it like that.
20200407_121215.jpg

Thanks, I work in production video for a living. As far as vehicles, I just can't leave my vehicles stock so I've learned to work on them and modify them to my liking.

There is no aiming on the fog lights that I can see. They mount to the bumper and there are pre-aimed via plastic mold. There are 4 bolts that hold the fog light in two on top and two on bottom, The bezel is plastic clipped in. Once the fog light is out you can pop the bezel out.

LED headlights require the complete lights with LED module. They are not plug and play, they do require a conversion harness. I purchased my harness from Black Flame Customs for about $400. The harness needs to be pinned to the BCM for the LINE BUS to work so the BCM knows that it has LED headlights. They also require Forscan programming to enable the LED headlight features.

LED tail lights, I have not done yet, but it's on my to do list. A harness is required for this as well, there are a few people that sell harnesses online for this application.

Yes, I do have a Humvee, being a 1 and a 1/4 ton truck I guess that makes my 3/4 ton Tremor a light duty by comparison, lol. Never thought of it like that.
View attachment 17786
Thank you for the additional information. I will probably pick up some LED Fogs after the truck arrives!

So I'm building this truck up as a capable off road vehicle for my personal use but I also volunteer with a local nonprofit offroad recovery group called SNORR, Southern Nevada Off Road Recovery. So I am setup to recover vehicles stuck in the southern Nevada region. Heres a little bit of what we do

20210123_163003.jpg

20210123_170245.jpg

20210108_211829.jpg

20210126_125137.jpg

20210126_133159.jpg

20210126_133211.jpg

20210128_122533.jpg

20210128_123654.jpg

20210129_145444.jpg

20210129_151059.jpg

20210129_151254.jpg

20210201_131241.jpg

20210110_212150.jpg

I also need this in a very bad way. Where did you get it?
E-Z WRAPS - How Dare You Sticker Greta Thunberg Funny Vinyl 5" x 5" for Laptop Water Bottle Phone Auto Decal

So I'm building this truck up as a capable off road vehicle for my personal use but I also volunteer with a local nonprofit offroad recovery group called SNORR, Southern Nevada Off Road Recovery. So I am setup to recover vehicles stuck in the southern Nevada region. Heres a little bit of what we do

View attachment 17802

View attachment 17803

View attachment 17804

View attachment 17805

View attachment 17806

View attachment 17807

View attachment 17808

View attachment 17809

View attachment 17810

View attachment 17811

View attachment 17812

View attachment 17813

View attachment 17815
Man you guys get to see it all some crazy people out there most of those cars shouldn’t be in snow or dirt great job on your build

Last edited:
E-Z WRAPS - How Dare You Sticker Greta Thunberg Funny Vinyl 5" x 5" for Laptop Water Bottle Phone Auto Decal

They have a three inch version in a three pack too. I think that's what is pictured above.

Nice photos. I once went off the road in my first truck ('92 Toyota SR5 V6 4WD) and was happy when some guy came by in his old Dodge and pulled me out. I offered him $10 and he said no thanks and went on his way.

I will bet everyone (except Greta) is happy with your truck and what you do with it!

Hey brother awesome setup! What visor light are you running? Feniex Fusion? How’s the brightness as far as compared to a normal lightbar?

Super cool to see you helping others out and putting that Tremor to use!

View attachment 17802

View attachment 17803

View attachment 17804

View attachment 17805

View attachment 17806

View attachment 17807

View attachment 17808

View attachment 17809

View attachment 17810

View attachment 17811

View attachment 17812

View attachment 17813

View attachment 17815
Where did you get that sticker?

View attachment 17802

View attachment 17803

View attachment 17804

View attachment 17805

View attachment 17806

View attachment 17807

View attachment 17808

View attachment 17809

View attachment 17810

View attachment 17811

View attachment 17812

View attachment 17813

View attachment 17815Best f-ing sticker ever!!!

Back